Updates killing modding?

DarkEyeDragon's Avatar DarkEyeDragon7/30/17 3:46 pm
1 emeralds 315 2
7/30/2017 9:21 pm
star_weaver's Avatar star_weaver
I've been a developer for many years but really haven't spend much time on minecraft mods after 1.8 i think. The mods i did make were mostly only to improve in learning java.

However It seems like a lot of great mods aren't getting updated anymore. I feel like the rapid updates make it hard for modders to keep up. And is slowly killing it. Other than some "poorly made" mods I haven't seen much interest in modding lately from expierenced modders.

Am i wrong in this?
DarkEyeDragon
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/30/2017 9:21 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
PixelNinja112Even though the mods aren't updating, judging from forums threads I've seen it seems like a lot of people still use mods in 1.7.

in continuing on with that, people who play modded, me included, are not moving on to later versions because the mod support isn't there, and mod support isn't there because people are not using the later versions, just from what i have seen
07/30/2017 7:10 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
I don't look at mods a lot, but it does seem true. And It might also be hard for the players to update, because they need to wait for all the mods they're using to update. I know that I don't update a lot because it just feels like too much hassle, and I only use one mod and a texture pack.

Even though the mods aren't updating, judging from forums threads I've seen it seems like a lot of people still use mods in 1.7.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome