Were fireflies meant to be decoration?

PulseBlockGamer's Avatar PulseBlockGamer3/16/23 11:52 am
4 emeralds 183 9
3/24/2023 9:15 pm
PulseBlockGamer's Avatar PulseBlockGamer
Fireflies in the 1.19 update, when they were going to be added, were not meant to have a point, just be decoration. If you can think of a use, (other than frog food) enter that on the poll!

Poll ended 03/30/2023 11:52 am.

PulseBlockGamer
Level 59 : Grandmaster Cyborg

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/24/2023 5:39 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
03/24/2023 9:15 pm
PulseBlockGamer
Stop posting on my polls with your stupid video. I'll report you if I see this again.
03/16/2023 4:27 pmhistory
Level 21 : Expert Miner
Dermugettum
Well now that you're asking, I think fireflies could have the ability to prevent hostile mobs from spawning near them. Fireflies could spawn only on certain conditions like a certain biome or moonphase, giving the player a time of peace at night. Furthermore, they could be captured with empty bottles and released into a desired area with no block lighting. There the luminescent fireflies won't despawn upon release, and the player will have a mob-proof area without a need for light-emitting blocks.

As for the frog-food thing, that's just the opinion of some idiotic environmentalists who take video games too literally. How many times does Mojang need to figure out that slimes and magma cubes already act as a food for frogs? They got to stop freaking out about being politically correct all the time.
03/16/2023 4:46 pmhistory
PulseBlockGamer
It was going to be frog food, they said so in the update log before they removed them from the wild update. No joke, that was the only purpose they originally had before being removed.
03/16/2023 4:55 pmhistory
Dermugettum
I get it, and that was the reason they were removed. If they weren't so shortsighted they could have continued with the slime substituting as frog food while still adding the fireflies. Instead they had to have a cow thinking some kid was going to poison a pet frog with fireflies in real life, and for some reason simply giving frogs some other mob to eat wasn't good enough for them to find another use for fireflies which I'm sure some people were looking forward to.
03/16/2023 5:10 pm
Dermugettum
I also just want to say, and I don't expect full agreement on this, but the Mangrove swamp just looks so ugly. Yeah, it's a dirty old swamp, but how can you appreciate anything about it if you can't navigate it? It's got a lot of dense foliage like the jungle, but at least that biome had some terrain you could pass through. It also doesn't help that the original swamps didn't get much of an update either. Looking at what the original has already, like witch huts, more plants and more ground, the mangrove swamp feels like an empty shell of what could've been.

With that in mind, fireflies could've at least made Mangrove Swamps something special.
03/16/2023 5:27 pm
PulseBlockGamer
Yeah true, the only good think about that biome was the wood color really, for some builds.
03/16/2023 5:31 pm
Dermugettum
I do like the wood, but again, it's like the only excuse for the biome's existence
03/16/2023 1:46 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Holt
Im not sure if fireflies buzz like normal flies, but if they needed a purpose, it could be that you could put them in a jar, and then release them in the deep dark to distract the warden momentarily.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome