What brings you to survival?

fWhip's Avatar fWhip5/16/16 1:13 pm
1 emeralds 671 5
5/19/2016 7:20 pm
Melancholii's Avatar Melancholii
Hey PMC!

I've been trying to figure out what the community enjoys about multiplayer survival.

Do you prefer to build alone and interact with other players as you meet them?
or do you prefer to build as a team in constructing a town?
What, if any, brings you to a survival server?

Also, if you avoid survival servers, why is that?

I myself prefer to build as part of a town, with each member taking on a certain role, whether it be builder, miner, woodcutter, etc. Creating that living town feel makes me really enjoy the gameplay much more as I feel I am part of a community.

Thanks in advance for responses!

-fWhipCraft
fWhip
Level 51 : Grandmaster Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Melancholii
05/19/2016 7:20 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
ArenaSnow
-Attracts a wide variety of folks... not always a good thing, I find creative/RPG folks to be more mature on average and capable to hold more interesting discussions. On average.

I beg to differ. Take one step into a famous creative server. (Noooot naming names)
striker107
05/19/2016 7:14 pm
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
I personally have no favorite game type of Minecraft i just do whatever I'm in the mood for that day.
bonnydust
05/19/2016 7:09 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
I only really play survival unless under a promise to one of my kids. I like having to work at something, and I think being my minecraft character is enough playing at being someone for me.
fWhip
05/17/2016 1:55 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Artist
Hey Arena,

Thanks for the response! So you look for rpg servers more so than a survival server? do you like the RPG survivals? like playing a role inside of a town working with the community? or what type of RPG servers do you look for?

I enjoy RPG experiences a lot as I am a huge MMO player but I'm interested in what you enjoy about the rpg minecraft aspects
raidarr
05/16/2016 2:26 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
I personally avoid it because
-Gets old after 7 years.
-Attracts a wide variety of folks... not always a good thing, I find creative/RPG folks to be more mature on average and capable to hold more interesting discussions. On average.
-Frequently comes with the package of laziness. Anyone can throw a survival together. To do something else typically takes a little more effort.
-Sub-par survival experience compared to other survival games. Didn't like minecraft's survival the day it became a thing. I skipped alpha and beta and kept with classic until Creative was added in.

That said, I mind less what you describe, with the people taking various roles. Alas, that typically doesn't happen whatsoever in multiplayer.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome