What do you think of magic and the concept of Minecraft enchantments???

Lip_Alloy's Avatar Lip_Alloy2/24/24 9:56 pm
3 emeralds 108 2
3/6/2024 9:41 am
9M113_Konkurs's Avatar 9M113_Konkurs
What I have seen about magic and the concept of enchantments seems interesting to me but I think it can be improved, what do you say?
Lip_Alloy
Level 10 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/25/2024 6:10 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Given vanilla MC has strong FRPG elements, some sort of magic system was probably inevitable…

The version used also has the advantage of substituting for additional classes of armor as well as smoothing the jumps in the protection progression between types as maxed out iron is better than unenchanted diamond etc.

Keeping magic to items only (no 'castable' forms other than [​sort of] potions) avoids compliacting the interface.

There are certainly some infelicities in the current system, but latge scale tinkering is likely to provoke serious pushback [​most of] the current system is long established.

Some specifics:
Unbreaking and Mending both suffer from being to ubiqitous in their utility. For players that do not deliberately choose to avoid acquiring magic, UBK3 goes on everything while MEND is absent only from bows (assuming the player prefers Infinity).

Contrarywise, Bane of Arthropods is (at best) used only for special purposes as a Sharp5 sword is already sufficient and is more widely effective.
03/06/2024 9:41 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
9M113_Konkurs
I'd rather say that magic in Minecraft suggests some sort of "elements" or "essence". Enchantments take xp/lapis, potions contain materials thematically related to potion behaviors. The various magic encountered by the player perhaps suggests of making use of something fundamental but not present in game (perhaps apart from XP).

I'd recommend Create Enchantment Industry; liquid XP has been a common theme in mods throughout "history".

Essence-based magic in fact support large-scale production, think of Thaumcraft machines or vanilla autobrewers?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome