What do people really want?

ragekingmc's Avatar ragekingmc4/19/15 5:30 pm
4/20/2015 12:07 am
DAP's Avatar DAP
What kinda servers do people really like? Vanilla, factions, survival etc...

Please respond in comment section below!
ragekingmc
Level 23 : Expert Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/19/2015 10:13 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Pie_N
I feel like originality is overrated. I mean yeah, sure, I love unique and fun servers, but I don't mind playing on generic ones either, as long as they're fun. Just try to make a server you think would be fun to play on- make it different, but that shouldn't be your only priority.
04/19/2015 6:18 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Try building yourself a modpack, it's a fair amount of work but you can create some really interesting gameplay.
04/19/2015 6:11 pm
Level 42 : Master Modder
Calopteryx
Vanilla
04/19/2015 6:00 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Nakudan
People don't really know what they want so it's up to you to find out what they want.

Take Apple for instance
04/19/2015 5:56 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Don't do what the people want, do what you want. Server owning is a lot like being a person. If you express yourself through your server, the right kind of people will come, and they'll love it, and you'll love them. But if you throw away your unique talents and quirks and swim with the mainstream, you'll get the mainstream, a hollow, faceless blob of shallow... ness.

So don't stick to a certain server type. Craft a server that represents you. People will come, trust me. It may not be a lot of people, but it'll be people that matter. So go ahead, don't be afraid to take risks. Throw in plugins that the world has never seen before, or maybe incredible combinations of world types. Surprise us.
04/19/2015 5:58 pm
ragekingmc
Even if it's a normal faction pvp server?
04/19/2015 6:01 pm
Chron
Since when does "normal" describe a person who is truly expressive? If you truly pour your heart into a server, it won't ever come close to "normal". If you want to throw something together for a quick buck/quick XP, go ahead, be normal. If you want to be happy, normal won't even cross your mind.

There are many ways to take the idea of Factions PvP and make it unique. Factions really is a blank canvas, one that no one dares to color. But someone really should.
04/19/2015 5:53 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Robot
mekbots
Originality. Don't just do what every other server is doing, if you want popularity then do something creative, hire a dev to create a plugin or create one yourself that is unique and will provide a new enjoyable experience for people. That way you stand out of the crowd.
04/19/2015 11:42 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
I disagree.

Look at the video game industry.

Many, many people rage at Call of Duty, because of the game being unoriginal. And yet, sales for the latest games are massive. Then look at fun, original games, like The Binding of Isaac. An amazing, original game, and yet, sales compared to Call of Duty are extremely tiny. (Look at the charts in Google Trends)

Many people don't want originally in their games, and I believe Minecraft servers are no different.
04/20/2015 12:07 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
This is not a valid judgement, as there are only so many shooting FPS video games that are similar to Call of Duty (I'm sure there are a hundred or so recent ones), but if you compare that to MC servers, where there are hundreds of thousands of PVP servers, there is in fact a difference - there are only so many people who like PVP.

The video game industry is also very diverse (usually), however, this diversity is almost non-existent in Minecraft servers.
04/19/2015 11:59 pm
Chron
That's when you ask yourself: What do you want to accomplish with your server? Do you want to appeal to a large amount of people who probably won't stick around all that long, or do you want a small group of loyal players who will stick it out to the end? If the former, by all means, be unoriginal. If the latter, however, step outside the box.

It really depends on what you want from the server.
04/20/2015 12:05 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Very good point.
To be completely honest, I still think generic servers, or generic games can be fun.
04/19/2015 8:08 pm
Level 43 : Master Creeper
Dr_Steve
That too.
04/19/2015 5:54 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
^
i haven't seen a new server idea in forever
04/19/2015 6:51 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
Same here - I have actually have some really good unique server ideas, but I don't have the time to even make them. I keep hoping some other people will try but there is still nothing; it seems that everybody is just stuck with the general stuff.
04/19/2015 11:01 pm
Level 43 : Master Skinner
Phetagorah
I also have some unique server ideas just like the rest of you but I don't know how to make a server in the first place so I can't really implement my ideas. I just hope that there are also people out there with the same ideas as me and know how to make a server. *sigh
04/19/2015 7:15 pm
ragekingmc
Awesome can you tell me some of your ideas please?
04/19/2015 5:50 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
It really depends. I hate servers that have been done thousands of times before and like those whith a strong unique element, and those I find to be very, very few and are either poorly maintained or just don't get enough steam.

At the same time, many people like the kind of server that has been done thousands of times. So, who knows :/
04/19/2015 5:47 pm
Level 42 : Master Princess
Ms_Raven
Depends on the person. Personally I hate all those PVP/faction/minigame servers.
I only find small, purely survival servers or modded servers to be fun.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome