What the hell is Minecraft becoming?!

IvanTheTerrible's Avatar IvanTheTerrible10/13/11 11:56 pm
11/12/2011 6:30 pm
necrontyr's Avatar necrontyr
Ok, i know notch is tryin to make the game better and all, and he wants to add more feelings to it, but if you've played as long as i have, youd agree with me. Minecraft is an epic Sandbox Game, not a crappy RPG, hunger? wtf! exp? wtf! potions? wtf! adventure update? FART ADVENTURE UPDATE! NOTCH! what are you doing man, come on its minecraft, not mine-adventure >:l
IvanTheTerrible
Level 21 : Expert Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/12/2011 6:28 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Goblin
necrontyr
Go on alpha then. Simples. Nothin more needs to be said. Thread finishes
11/12/2011 6:22 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Ladybug
Mymagic12
I think notch is a little insane anyways... he says the point of the game is a "survival horror" but he isnt even doing a good job at that... he should just stick to creativity for a while...
10/21/2011 9:37 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Pokemon
ssboyjr
Okay, This thread can end now because 'I freaking miss old minecraft waaaaaaaah' people can just get the minecraft.jar of Alpha or something to do all classic, and people who are actually exited for the future and think minecraft could use this great stuff can stick with the updates. PROBLEM SOLVED.
11/12/2011 6:30 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Goblin
necrontyr
Exactly. ---+END OF THREAD+--
10/21/2011 8:02 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
Boomer
The game was and still is in a unfinished state, this means that the game was never just going to be limited to just building or mining, and was eventually going to include more things.
10/15/2011 8:43 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
sentins746
ivan i agree i think hunger shouldnt be there and neither potions... to much too remember in my opinoin
10/15/2011 8:40 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
b0om5hakalaka
umm theres a reason notch put in a creative mode for you to build in....
10/15/2011 8:35 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
awesomedude520
I pretty much agree with what your saying.

Minecraft is a game that isn't supposed to be flawless graphics and that. Its a world where its simply Blocks.
Even though the hunger bar has made it a bit more entertaining, I kind of miss the minecraft that I loved, alpha and that.
But thing is.. if notch didnt add new stuff, he wouldn't make any money or have anything to work towards because nothing new is enticing gamers. I think he should fix bugs before adding more things that make the game even more buggier though.
10/15/2011 8:24 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Offender
Notch please focus on fixing the bugs in the game rather than adding new content. Save the new stuff for an expansion pack and fix the game before release!
10/15/2011 8:39 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
This x1000

Whats the point in a low-res game that devours your RAM and CPU, with horrific memory leaks.
10/15/2011 8:17 pm
Level 23 : Expert Mage
Scotlockify
okay. You've played since alpha. think about what you just said "ALPHA" its a ALPHA. not a FULL RELEASE. currently we are in BETA. he can do whatever he wants. and if you don't like the full game thats coming out. then your a silly person.
10/15/2011 3:43 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
candle458
well you have to think minecraft is in beta so what ever minecraft is becoming is what notch was going to have minecraft be
10/15/2011 3:27 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?
10/15/2011 3:29 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Loremaster
Poke
BECAUSE SHOUTING BUILDS CHARACTER
10/15/2011 3:25 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
Hoppy382
No if it was a shity sandbox game then well lets just say ANYONE CAN MAKE MINECRAFT IF ANY COMPANY IN THE WORLD WANTED TO THEY COULD MAKE A GAME JUST LIKE IT BUT 10000X BETTER ITS NOT THAT HARD THATS WHY HE WANTS TO MAKE IT MORE COMPLEX
10/15/2011 3:13 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
let us wait for something to happen.
[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZSrE7K8C5s[/youtube]
10/15/2011 3:13 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon
Creeperhunter7
Keep the Endermen, Enderdragons, Villages, Abandoned mines, Strongholds, Ravines, Rivers, Swamps, Cavespiders AND Sprint then im good get it back to 1.7.3 and add some REAL updates... Ooh ooh and keep the Silverfishes!
10/15/2011 3:05 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Pony
merlinb
i quite like it as long as he doesnt add anything too drastic like haveing to press buttons to breath -.-
10/15/2011 3:09 pm
Poke
I hear a mod coming along Breathcraft anyone
10/15/2011 3:03 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
........GO!
10/15/2011 3:03 pm
Poke
The Dark Bowser has just posted. You cannot order darkness around!
Telling somebody to just stop posting will not help, tell a moderator to lock the thread IF it has served it's purpose or just leave it to die.
10/15/2011 3:02 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Im only posting because your over-inflated self importance demanded I didn't

umadbro?
10/15/2011 2:52 pm
sed11
Its Mojang's Game.
You shall like it.
*Dont post anymore after this.*
10/15/2011 2:56 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Guard
esoomytefasgone
Just posted

u mad?
10/15/2011 3:00 pm
sed11
*NO more posts on this topic after this then.*
10/15/2011 2:46 am
tvor963
i only like the NPC's for 1 reasone TNT time!
10/15/2011 2:39 am
Level 28 : Expert Dragonborn
KCUROV
ughh another thread like this
my point is:
PLAY CREATIVE IF YOUR NOT UP FOR ADVENTURE!
10/15/2011 2:28 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
Kakashi101
I'll like the new updates, since I like anime and rpg's and stuff. We all have different opinouns.
10/15/2011 1:49 am
tvor963
Thanks OMGchase atleast u agree its a sandboxgame BIG thx to
10/15/2011 1:44 am
Level 24 : Expert Skinner
OMGChase
I agree. Minecraft is not some World of Warcraft game, it's a sandbox game letting you create your own world and do what you want, not some fantasy dragon and potion game
10/15/2011 1:50 am
tvor963
Finnaly smobodys on my side!
10/15/2011 1:40 am
tvor963
I am still using it but come on i love updates and some of their new stuff honestly,i am on both sides!
because melons=awesome strongholds=gr8 enderman=little weird
squidward=whats going on now potions that poison yourself=BANG!you lost me

i like:melons,land types,melons, and strong holds

but,squid ward,potions enchanting=====
10/15/2011 1:26 am
Level 36 : Artisan Architect
Doomgekkie
Well, you don't have to use it right?
10/15/2011 1:12 am
tvor963
No need to get mad and use caps i am just saying i agree what had happen to minecraft
(1.7)pistons pigs sheep mining like a normal game now(1.8-1.9)watermelon endermen
npc villages with squidward inside theres potions that will kill youreself? come on its wierd and complex maybe some people don't like it so what not EVERYBODY has to like it.
10/15/2011 12:56 am
Mymagic12
Why do people say that?

"Just choose a older update" or something?What if people don't want to?

What if we want the newest update?Just a good one?
10/15/2011 1:06 am
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
lionhart
Just use a few mods then. Updates aren't everything that allows minecraft to change you know.
10/15/2011 12:55 am
Level 46 : Master Zombie
deathmarine
If I want dragons, spells, and roleplaying I would play Oblivion (Yah no one says Elder Scrolls), The basics are what made the game. It fustrates me that every idea that seems to be put out is another game the entire crew has an interest in (We need bosses - Notch - after Terraria) Dragons, Spells, and Enchantments (Don't be discouraged by bethesda - Notch Lawsuit BS - Investigating Skyrim) Maybe I'm looking into it too far but something that was original seems to be trying to copy everyone else. Don't get me wrong but the DIRECTION seems to be in the less creative side in my opinion and more so just filler.
10/15/2011 12:51 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Pokemon
Shawno1
i dont really like the hunger but i do agree it makes survival more intense im fine with the updates i LOVE new mobs and i like building i say that notch is actually making the game better and just remember if you dont want to do the potion brewing or go to the enderworld and stuff like that then just dont do it. besides Its Notchs game his rules
10/15/2011 12:51 am
Mymagic12
GOD I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU!People that say "then change to a older update"
how stupid!Believe me i like SOME things he is adding like melons are fine and the new land forms! i don't want to be behind in updates i want his updates to be better!
10/15/2011 12:38 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect
DaFlyinMexican
My cat says Minecraft is gonna slay Satan when he comes back from Pittsburgh O.o
10/15/2011 12:36 am
tvor963
I like the basics punch,fight,herobrine,and earning stuff!Not all this creative stuff i was
very suprised wen 1.8 was out and i had to de-update stick with the basics!
10/15/2011 12:31 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Ninja
Xaverin
Can anyone just like things for what they are i agree i like the old minecraft but think of it this way dragons are cool minecraft is cool put together thats awesome and theres already a dragon mod so whats wrong with having dragons that arent a pain in the ass to install and theres also somethings that make it more realistic like hunger and diseases and they dont force you to update and your probably going to blatantley disregard the screen that says "Update Now? Yes or No" and hit yes and later complain about it when you didnt even want it in the first place so if you dont want it just click no instead of complaining about it during pre release and the choosing to install and then complain about it later
10/15/2011 12:21 am
Level 25 : Expert Miner
plumagirl
I kind of agree with you. I am not sure if I like the dragon idea. Seems kind of silly. I think Notch needs to focus on updating other things. I would love to see some more furniture in the game. Maybe a couch and chair with the use of wool? Maybe cool styled rugs? Maybe a "coffee table"? What about kitchen cabinets and more homey things? That's what I would love to see. Another thing that would be neat... change the color of the bed sheets with different shades of wool... hmm... what else? Side tables with drawers? There are so many other things to add... wtf is this dragon thing??? I mean... neat-o but in my opinion, MineCraft is all about CRAFTING not warding off huge ass dragons.
10/15/2011 12:16 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pig
Greytopher
Notch literally has to update. For one, he needs to make money. For the other, he does it so Minecraft isn't the same. He installed the adventure update for more survival options, so it wouldn't get old. So if he left it where it started, Minecraft would be the exact same as it was, leaving it to be boring. I for one, don't really like the update, but it's good for the community to try new things. Its something that he gave us so we dont have to just getting materials and making houses. It makes us go out and eat, be productive, and have fun while fighting. It's more or less not to hate on it, and this is my opinion on the situation.

My point is, minecraft would be boring if it didn't update.
10/14/2011 11:49 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
Atrocities

We do at that! Now if only we could get Notch to include tree houses and cross bows into the game......

tree houses would be FUN. see, I like the new mobs just for the change of pace... the world is pretty devoid of flora and fauna.

but do you know what I would REALLY like? Glue. Hear me out on this. Sticky pistons are fun. But due to block physics the pistons do WEIRD things like pushing blocks up into the sky to hang there. How about letting us glue blocks together to create "whole" objects that can be manipulated by pistons? then you could do a REAL portcullis, or a Star Trek-like iris door...
10/14/2011 11:48 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Unicorn
terminator278
i have to say the hunger i hate! especially on easy or above!
10/14/2011 11:41 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Ghast Rider
Atrocities
creeperCarole
Atrocities

I think all the new features detract from the core of the game. While I like a lot of the new game content, new blocks, creative mod, etc, I found that I didn't enjoy the invent of Enderman, NPC villages, and the over abundance and odd lay outs of abandoned mines as much as I thought I would.

Then again I am awe struck at some of the mind blowing terrain that is generated. I am sure that as the game design advances, a balance will eventually be reached between the two. That or I'll just grow accustom to new model.

Ok, I TOTALLY agree with you about the abandoned mines. I know the code must be extreme, but having them intersect with each other, and the canyons? couldn't they do something to cause that not to happen? The terrain is gorgeous, some of it... but TOTALLY unusable. Heck, you can't even climb some of the sheer mountains that are created. Pretty to look at, pointless to build on.

OH MY GOD, DO WE HAVE AN ACCORD?!

We do at that! Now if only we could get Notch to include tree houses and cross bows into the game......
10/14/2011 11:39 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
Boomer
The game was never just meant to be a dig a hole, punch a tree, and survive by living in a cave or just buildings, I assume since they added this stuff, it was initially going to be a rpg/mining/building/block/survial or creative type of game. That being said the game is not yet a finished product, and people had bought the game as such knowing that it wasn't a finished product.
10/14/2011 11:42 pm
Atrocities
Very true. Well said.
10/14/2011 11:36 pm
Atrocities
Augustus37
Atrocities
Augustus37We should be able to discuss about what we like and don't like without encountering people with that mentality.

I like virtually everything about the game. However that being said, I get this uncomfortable feeling about potions, dragons, and the general RPG direction the game is taking. I value that Notch has always said that the game would be more and for the most part support that, but then again, as stated above, I am finding myself uncomfortable with some of the changes. I enjoy the game and will continue to play it.

tell me WHY the new updates offend you so much? What are they doing to your game play that makes the game no fun for you any more? THAT would be far more interesting than reading "the new updates are screwing everything up!"

I think all the new features detract from the core of the game. While I like a lot of the new game content, new blocks, creative mod, etc, I found that I didn't enjoy the invent of Enderman, NPC villages, and the over abundance and odd lay outs of abandoned mines as much as I thought I would.

Also I find that the new worlds generated after 1.7.3 aren't as "interesting" as those generated before. While the new features in the terrain are great, canyons, rivers, oceans, etc, the maps that I have played all seem to be pretty uniform and have a dramatically different aesthetic design than that of older versions. This is both good and disappointing at the same time. I often find that my new maps lack the sense of wonderment that I grew accustom too. Then again I am awe struck at some of the mind blowing terrain that is generated. I am sure that as the game design advances, a balance will eventually be reached between the two. That or I'll just grow accustom to new model.

I actually like the new updates but I'm defending the people who doen't like it because they get told to shut it or stop playing the game and that isn't right.

Its not that I personnelly don't like the new updates so much as I just don't feel comfortable with them. (Yet)

I don't see a place in the game for the content changes. Is the game about "mine"craft or "magic" craft? The new changes confuse the core elements of the game, ie. harvest tree, dig hole, mine ore, build crap, and survive. I get this feeling that the new content, albeit it much anticipated by many, is filling the game up with too much and will ultimately turn players off. It is as though they want to make the game everything to everyone and that, design, isn't appealing in the end to any one.

At this point I guess I, just me, don't see a purpose to a lot of the new content like dragons, potions, and what not. Then again, I guess the invent of potions and dragons is probably the natural progressive evolution of the game. More or less I would say that I just need time to become comfortable with the new content and such. I just hope that it doesn't ruin the gaming experience that addicted me to minecraft in the first place.

-The opinions expressed by Atrocities are his and his alone. Feel free to PM him with hate mail all you want. He is a big boy and can take it... and the delete key is only but a click away.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome