What will become of minecraft in 1.10?

JarlDredix's Avatar JarlDredix8/23/14 12:36 pm
1 emeralds 679 9
8/23/2014 12:58 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
Hey guys before you begin to read this post I would like to stress the fact there is a much more extravagant version on my blog at the link below.
http://jarldredix.wix.com/thegamingisle

Now I know what you're thinking. How can this guy be thinking about what will come in 1.10, when 1.8 isn't even out? Let me put a rest to that skepticism by saying that this article is pure speculation, the only reason I thought about writing it is because I was thinking about how much the gaming industry has changed this millennium. In particular indie games like minecraft.

Nowadays, in minecraft 1.7.9 , we have horses whom of which we can encase in diamond armor and gallop through biomes in mere seconds on. Although once upon a time in another 1.7 minecraft was still in beta. In a time even prior to that, zombies dropped ... feathers.
As of 1.8 , which is due to be released soon, we will ourselves using slime blocks as trampolines, zipping through the water at an unnatural speed whilst dodging lasers fire from the eyes of the hostile sea-life! Exciting, isn't it?

Now with all the change occurring in a relatively short period of time, it gets me wondering what changes might come about in the summer or two to 1.10? Perhaps we shall be able to ride an uber-rare Pegasus through the sky, periodically batting birds from the sky with our enchanted emerald sword! Or perhaps something less adventurous, and more realistic, maybe Mojang shall overhaul the nature system. Trees shall drop seeds and those seeds shall grow on their on, forests shall slowly expand creeping into plains biomes and required the now advanced villager AI to cut them down. I sometimes devote hours to just ... wondering about the endless tweaks and additions that could be brought up the game. Some perhaps good, but some inevitably bad.
JarlDredix
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragon