What do you consider cheating in Minecraft?

sierramig's Avatar sierramig1/31/15 11:53 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 14
2/1/2015 2:13 pm
PixelCrash_'s Avatar PixelCrash_
I know alot of people think of creative and spawning in items when it comes to this, but what do you guys think is cheating? Even admin abuse or anything like that.
Personally I just think playing on peaceful is to avoid mobs but what do you guys think?
sierramig
Level 13 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/01/2015 2:13 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
I agree with the people above. The only way to truly cheat in Minecraft is to use hacks on a public server. Spawning items in a singleplayer world isn't harming anything but your own enjoyment of the game.
02/01/2015 10:00 am
Level 27 : Expert Toast
Vatredox
There isn't even that much you could 'cheat' when it comes to single player because Minecraft is a game about doing what you want. It only becomes unfair when you have an advantage in a competitive server.
02/01/2015 9:33 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
SomeonePrivate
Anything that gives you an advantage among other players!
02/01/2015 9:50 am
Level 37 : Artisan Architect
Schwerpunkt_
Soo... Enchanted diamond armor is cheating if no one else has it? Hell even just iron armor, if everyone else has leather? Diamond pick while everyone else has iron? Because those are advantages over other players.
02/01/2015 10:14 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
SomeonePrivate
you know what I mean.. anything that gives advantage im not saying regular game obviously that is how the game works but for example using commands other players dont do that
02/01/2015 9:29 am
Level 29 : Expert Modder
generalcedric
I consider Flying in survival on a server with a hacked client Cheating. Also, don't cheat/hack, makes the game have no point and get boring
02/01/2015 5:56 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
RenegadeRad
...and even bonus chest option is for noobs
02/01/2015 5:54 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
RenegadeRad
well i think turning into peaceful when attacked by mobs is cheating. even, mods like TMI and NEI are used in survival mode maps, i think one should have the taste to survive, the feel, to battle mobs, to mine alone and build you cozy, comfort house. I just hate to defeat the EnderDragon because it's too much. just stay in the overworld explore. create. survive. even Nether is ok but it is so difficult to navigate.
02/01/2015 1:52 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Prince
Altraze
In a singleplayer survival environment, which is where I play because I have no friends, spawning anything in that would otherwise deplete the world or heal the player would be cheating. Need stone? Go dig it yourself. Wants some bread? Grow some wheat. Need some cactus for a purely cosmetic reason that you super-duper secret swear never to use any other purpose. Do you have a cactus farm? Yes? Well... I can look away while you spawn a stack or two. You've got a sheep farm and want some white wool to build with? I'll just be over here crafting, I'll just make sure to "lose" some sheers.
On a multiplayer survival environment anything spawned in is cheating.
02/01/2015 1:39 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon
hairisdare
Agreed, I used to be a big hacker, but then I stoped once I got my server. I realized that hacking has no benefits, it is only cheating. My server got hacked twice, and I will never ever hack again. DONT HACK!
02/01/2015 9:53 am
Schwerpunkt_
Have people forgotten about the quote button?
02/01/2015 10:02 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
KingRex35
No. When people talk without quotes, they are clearly talking to the OP. It is quite annoying when people quote the OP just to talk to them.

Back on topic, I'm fine when people spawn in stuff in SINGLEPLAYER. If in multiplayer then it's cheating. But the thing I hate is my friend in LAN. "I lost my house. I'm going in creative mode." "I'm going to mine in creative, to be quicker. Don't worry, I'll throw away my pick." "I'm building in the night. *sets time to 0*" "I died and lost my stuff. I'm going to spawn it in creative." Sigh...
02/01/2015 2:06 pm
Schwerpunkt_
But they werent talking to op. they were talking to lonelyman19
02/01/2015 12:00 am
Level 28 : Expert Geek
Histor the Noob
Hacking because:
Let's say you see someone using hacks to get themselves into creative on a survival server, and they aren't admin. Defiantly cheating.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome