What do you think of the Wither?

doublebwl's Avatar doublebwl8/27/12 8:00 pm
8/28/2012 9:49 pm
joe325billybob's Avatar joe325billybob
Appearance: I think it looks like it got thrown together rather quickly. Is it supposed to be an inverted skeleton? ( the faces are the same, just opposite colors). The lines for the eyes and the mouth just seem a little cheap. Compare it to a blaze's head and the difference in quality is pretty clear! The wither is still in development so I'm not sure if this will change. I'm not complaining per say because I still like the look. It just feels unfinished.

Activity: I like the idea of a tough boss. I know it hasn't come out yet and the spawn area is unknown but a more accesible boss for people who dont want to spend all the time to go to the End sounds like a nice addition. It seems really tough and I'm excited to see how it gets implemented.
doublebwl
Level 4 : Apprentice Farmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/28/2012 9:49 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer
joe325billybob
Make the Wither Dimension and I will be happy fffoooorrrreeeeevvvvveeeeeerrrrrrr
08/28/2012 9:40 pm
doublebwl
Keitarosan
doublebwlAppearance: I think it looks like it got thrown together rather quickly. Is it supposed to be an inverted skeleton? ( the faces are the same, just opposite colors). The lines for the eyes and the mouth just seem a little cheap. Compare it to a blaze's head and the difference in quality is pretty clear! The wither is still in development so I'm not sure if this will change. I'm not complaining per say because I still like the look. It just feels unfinished.

Activity: I like the idea of a tough boss. I know it hasn't come out yet and the spawn area is unknown but a more accesible boss for people who dont want to spend all the time to go to the End sounds like a nice addition. It seems really tough and I'm excited to see how it gets implemented.

even if it looks like that at the end you know people will just make a cooler texture for it

True that! I dont think it's terrible at all. Its a nice addition if implemented well. Glad it is still in development!
08/28/2012 7:37 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Mage
FlyingBananasaur
My first thought when I fought it was how it can attack three targets at once. Also how I had to go to my backup save since it destroyed my farm. Never spawn one of them near your house.

Also, fighting it is kind of fake difficult. Making a flying mob immune to arrows isn't just challenging, it's unfair.
08/28/2012 9:43 pm
doublebwl
They said that Withers can be harmed by their own explosions if they are close enough so when it has the armor I was thinking you could just run up to it with a sword and hope for the best. But you are right...pretty darn difficult! I guess that is what makes it a boss!
08/28/2012 5:14 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Dragonborn
jtoomer1
Withers even the wiki post scared the h*** out of me i mean seriously aren't endermen and creepers enough??? i mean if they add the wither minecraft will be a game of... Well let me put it this way: Day: happy sunshine. Night: you are being stalked and murdered by a three headed skeleton, a living explosive, and a teleporting demon... Do we need a wither in the game?
08/28/2012 5:15 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
*Facepalm* Its a boss mob, not a mob like Creepers and Endermen that spawn whenever.
08/28/2012 5:07 pm
sed11
jollyghost300I Wish They Would Add It To The Nether Or Overworld So I Dont Have To Keep Using MCEdit To Spawn It

Its not finished

fevvylsI think it doesn't fit. Get rid of it, scrap it, NO! Jeb, just NO!

Why doesn't it fit?It looks Minecrafty, and if its because its a boss mob, then EnderDragons wouldn't fit.
08/27/2012 10:04 pm
Level 28 : Expert Network
jollyghost300
I Wish They Would Add It To The Nether Or Overworld So I Dont Have To Keep Using MCEdit To Spawn It

08/27/2012 9:54 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
fevvyls
I think it doesn't fit. Get rid of it, scrap it, NO! Jeb, just NO!
08/27/2012 9:16 pm
Level 22 : Expert Dragonborn
creeperyoungling
It kind of reminds me of ridgedogs skins face a bit
08/27/2012 9:02 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Keitarosan
doublebwlAppearance: I think it looks like it got thrown together rather quickly. Is it supposed to be an inverted skeleton? ( the faces are the same, just opposite colors). The lines for the eyes and the mouth just seem a little cheap. Compare it to a blaze's head and the difference in quality is pretty clear! The wither is still in development so I'm not sure if this will change. I'm not complaining per say because I still like the look. It just feels unfinished.

even if it looks like that at the end you know people will just make a cooler texture for it
08/27/2012 9:01 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
rocknsugar
I like it but it would be cool if they make a dead place where only hostile mobs spawn and the wither spawns there as the boss and everytime you went there he would be there with full heath and when he died he dropped something cool. So i mean hes i nice addition to minecraft but where they put him decides almost everything.
08/27/2012 8:55 pm
Level 24 : Expert Engineer
thepancakeking
What i think would be cool, when you get to the end instead of spwn on the plate form where the ender dragon is you spawn on and island with the wither you kill the wither and another area appers of in the distance with the ender dragon (or other boss if this is repeted)
08/27/2012 8:48 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
epiccoolguy12345
awesomest. mob. EVER!
its as awesome as creepers and endermans!
08/27/2012 8:46 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
rthryjhtyt08
He's kinda a douche bag xD
08/27/2012 8:50 pm
doublebwl
The wither? Yeah, pretty sick stuff that guy can do!
08/27/2012 8:05 pm
sed11
I think its awesome.Its one of my favorite mobs now.
(Creeper, Enderman, Wither)

Also, when people think it will replace the EnderDragon, why?Ofcourse they're keeping the dragon.
08/27/2012 8:43 pm
doublebwl
It is growing on me for sure...I heard the rumor that the texture/look may not be in it's final stage.
08/27/2012 8:03 pm
Level 48 : Master Technomancer
ThatsMyPickaxe
It seems really cool, I don't particularly like how everybody says "oh i hope it replaces the enderdragon!" I hope it gets implemented into the nether or somewhere that makes sense.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome