Why is my world so massive! Way too big to upload

Wonghy111's Avatar Wonghy1111/18/22 8:53 pm
2 emeralds 566 3
1/19/2022 11:33 am
Jraco Meter's Avatar Jraco Meter
So,I want to upload a map of my server to show off a build my friend did, as well as let them have the world in single player after I reset the server, but the file is 3GB
the upload limit to plat minecraft isn’t 15MB! Zipping the file won’t shrink it that much! Even having the file on my PC seems to be slowing it down, anyone know how to fix it? I’ve seen other people send massive server worlds to people? Anyone know why the file size is so huge?
Wonghy111
Level 3 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/19/2022 11:33 amhistory
Level 22 : Expert System
Jraco Meter
Have you tried a program that deletes unused chunks to see if it makes a difference? Chunky is the one I'm familiar with but there is another good one too for newer versions, don't remember the name of it though.
01/18/2022 11:00 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Birb
lloyddominic26
It would be better to just use an external cloud storage or file upload service.

Anyone know why the file size is so huge?
Minecraft world file sizes can vary depending on the number of regions or chunks in the world. For instance, in my server, our lobby map only takes up about 40 MB of space, while our Survival world map went all the way to 2.71 GB.

If you just want to show off a specific build in a map, you could just make it into a schematic instead of sharing the whole map. You can use tools like WorldEdit to convert blocks into schematics.
01/18/2022 9:03 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
have you tried google drive, mediafire, dropbox and anything like that?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome