Will I be disappointed in minecraft for Xbox one?

Prowl33's Avatar Prowl3312/31/17 7:17 pm
1 emeralds 210 7
1/3/2018 4:34 pm
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
Hi, I'm an old-school gamer that hasn't really gamed in a while (PC gamer from like '94 through '06) and consoles from regular nintendo through my Xbox one.

My kids have been playing minecraft on the Wii u which I know is a very vanilla version. I also understand that the better together update is going through some major growing pains in its infancy...

With all of that being said, if I get minecraft on the Xbox one, am I going to get a similar experience that the pc gets when it comes to all the cool mods and minigames people have made, texture packs, etc... especially free stuff, I don't want to pay for everything above and beyond the core game.

I know if I buy for PC, I will have that access to added content I want, but my lifestyle makes it easier to just fire up the console, plus split screen with the wife is a huge bonus as well.

Any advice or information would be great, thanks!
Prowl33
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/01/2018 7:01 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Why not simply grab the demo and see for yourself?

I personally can't stand playing on the PE versions (tried the PS3 version and seriously disliked it) but that's what demos are for!
01/03/2018 4:16 pm
Prowl33
There was no demo version for xbox... my fear is just that all of the extra content out there... skins, mods, etc is all pay, and nothing is free. I'm not really a pay to play person, so I would like to enjoy more free user created content
01/03/2018 4:34 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Ah, now I understand what you're getting at. Ok... Keep my bias in mind but I will give it a fair try...

The main differences between the PE and Java editions that I'm aware of are basically the worries you mentioned (marketplace: buy into all your stuff) as well as the general gameplay. I mean, on a console everything is pretty much limited. For example: crafting isn't done on a 3x3 grid where you need to figure out what to craft, you basically have to scroll through a list of crafting recipes in order to get the item/recipe you want (note: that's how it works on PS3 anyway).

Console mostly focuses on gameplay but by doing so tries to "dumb down" (= my own opinion on this) everything, so including the crafting recipes.

I'm not trying to say PE is bad, but it is my believe that PE gives you a lot less freedom to do what you want and where you want such as the original (Java) edition does.

But in all fairness: I honestly do believe you can enjoy the PE version even without paying much extras. I can't be sure here, but something tells me there should be freebies available. And well.. if you can put aside your issues with playing while using a default skin then.. who cares?

But I will also have to go on the record by stating that I personally think that the original, so the Java edition, is probably better if you value freedom in playing. (example: say you got a PS3 and upgrade to a PS4: how are you going to move your Minecraft worlds across?).

Hope this can still give you some ideas, but please keep my bias and inexperience with PE in mind while reading.
01/01/2018 12:48 am
Level 20 : Expert Dragon
FangABXY
Xbox one version uses a bedrock engine, which is basically all minecraft versions except PC. I know one can edit files on the phone/tablet versions, but I’m unsure these will work on Xbox, or at least not from the store.
12/31/2017 9:03 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Cib
Hi there,

The Xbox One edition runs on a Mojang developed system called Bedrock Edition whereas the PC is coded with Java Script. Thus, mods don't work on Xbox.

Bedrock editions (Xbox 1, PE, Windows 10) use Add-ons that change how the game works (like mods) and how the game appears.

You can find an abundance of Add-ons here: http://mcpedl.com/category/mods/addons/

The Xbox edition of Minecraft does feature two exclusive mini-games, Battle Mode and Tumble, which are heaps of fun to play as a family.

You can purchase maps and other minigames via the in-game store using Minecoins that are bought using real life currency. Although this isn't exactly what you wanted.

I hope this is the info that you were looking or.
Feel free to ask any more questions.

~ Cib
12/31/2017 9:23 pm
Prowl33
Are there any? Or a lot? Of mods, minigames, and texture packs for the Xbox free to download, like you would find in the java version, or does everything cost some amount of minecoins?
12/31/2017 9:45 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
diversespider
Everything costs a certain amount of minecoins. I think the only way to get minecoins is to purchase them.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome