Will Microsoft be hiring you because of Minecraft?

Helipline's Avatar Helipline9/26/14 12:24 pm
9/26/2014 3:09 pm
Purple Nurple's Avatar Purple Nurple
As you all probably know by now, Microsoft bought Mojang AB for 2 billion $. We are all curious about their reasons for doing so. Here is another possibility: Is it possible that Microsoft recognized the fact that the Minecraft community has so many talented programmers within its ranks? If Microsoft were to look through the community they could find many a minecrafter who would make a great software dev. Do you think Microsoft will start hiring minecrafters to be part of their devs? Open discussion. Post your thoughts.
Helipline
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/26/2014 3:09 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Purple Nurple
HeliplineAs you all probably know by now, Microsoft bought Mojang AB for 2 billion $. We are all curious about their reasons for doing so. Here is another possibility: Is it possible that Microsoft recognized the fact that the Minecraft community has so many talented programmers within its ranks? If Microsoft were to look through the community they could find many a minecrafter who would make a great software dev. Do you think Microsoft will start hiring minecrafters to be part of their devs? Open discussion. Post your thoughts.

No way dude. The people who program on minecraft are programming on Java. Not what they want. I doubt it. Microsoft is looking for people to make the gen OS/Software/Game/Console Design. Not some easy to program plugins and mods.
09/26/2014 3:03 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
No way are the going to do that. Yeah sure some of the modders are good but that is no reason for them to spend 2.5 million on a game when they could just go "Hey wanna join Microsoft" to any modder who would most likely be like "Hell yeah"

It's not like Mojang own mod creators. If microsoft wanted to it could just hire them.

Also, I understand the conversation would go a bit more professional but my way is more fun
09/26/2014 2:32 pm
Helipline
All right. Thats what I wanted, your opinion on this idea. Thanks for the thoughts.
09/26/2014 2:30 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
I'd say it's possible but unlikely.
09/26/2014 2:28 pm
Helipline
ya you are't forced into it I was just thinking they might like having new programmers with new ideas joining their company.
09/26/2014 2:25 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
Even if they ask if you want to work for them, you can always so no. However, if they did, I wouldn't turn down the offer, it's a full time job programming.
09/26/2014 2:17 pm
Helipline
Maybe but if Microsoft wants new devs they can look to the Minecraft community.
09/26/2014 12:47 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Modder
DeJay
Like Hydraheads said, that might be the closest you can get, unless you apply for a full Microsoft Game Developer.
09/26/2014 12:40 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Hydraheads
Probably not, but as minecraft did with mo' creatures horses, they might pay modders to officially implement some features.
09/26/2014 12:47 pm
Helipline
I didn't really mean minecraft devs, I ment programmers for other applications. Just seeing as how minecrafting programmers are very creative and thoughtful and know how to make things fun and appealing.
09/26/2014 12:36 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
KernelPad
Define, 'Developer'.
09/26/2014 12:43 pm
Helipline
By Developers I mean people who write software and programs for Microsoft. Devolving software using their minecraft coding experience.
09/26/2014 12:28 pm
Level 21 : Expert Artist
Enygma
No way
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome