Would anyone play a server like this?

Maypop the Dragon's Avatar Maypop the Dragon4/18/23 11:05 am history
5/22/2023 6:12 pm
Maypop the Dragon's Avatar Maypop the Dragon
I'm thinking of starting a Java Creative free-build server where instead of one large world there are several small worlds (192x192x192).

It would be fun because the small world encourages players to work together on a cohesive space instead of spreading out to build separate projects. It also makes filling up the world an achievable goal.
(It may also be a bit nostalgic for people who played the Pocket or Legacy Console Editions.)

It would start with one basic plains-style world but if it got popular enough I'd add more worlds with more unique themes.
Maypop the Dragon
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

MrJakkar
05/12/2023 8:13 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
Probably I would if I wouldn't suck at building nice things. ;_;
Maypop the Dragon
05/22/2023 6:12 pm
Hey, that's alright! Personally, I'd mostly add small details to other people's builds.
Minecragy
05/12/2023 6:53 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
when is this starting?
Maypop the Dragon
05/22/2023 6:11 pm
I don't guarantee that I'll actually do it.
MiceganBuilds
04/19/2023 5:18 pm
Level 28 : Expert Sus
Only if you manage to somehow add teleports between worlds through portals, it would be fun, like more original idea.

But in any way it's hard to get popular without advertising, mabye you could, if you made a showcases on these worlds somewhere in social media, but it still would sound boring, perhaps custom items and blocks with resource and data packs??
But it would be even harder to make, solo developing would take a several moths, including building etc. as long as you won't use any plugins to generate the world. Overall, i think it would be a great experience in any way, just try not to get burnt out, like i did sometimes.
Yeah, these are all my suggestions
Maypop the Dragon
04/20/2023 9:03 am
history
My plan was to have all portals take you to the hub, from which you could access other worlds... but maybe.
To generate the world I'd probably just take a piece out of a normal Minecraft world.
I also wanted to include a menu that would let you do stuff like changing your game mode that you'd normally need commands for which would allow for some fun things such as building and using interesting PvP arenas.

As for custom items and blocks, I didn't really intend to do that, but maybe...

It could also be interesting to include a survival-only map with the same size.
MiceganBuilds
04/21/2023 1:07 pm
Level 28 : Expert Sus
the best way would be to use multiversecore plugin, it has a lot of functions you need, even generation and various addons, you can also use worldborder plugin to set a border for each world, so you don't need to exactly resize generated map, it just won't load junks outside border. Custom items can be created with mmoitems and custom mobs with mythicmobs plugins. As a server core you would need paper, and maybe pufferfish implementation.

Have fun doing it!
Maypop the Dragon
04/25/2023 3:31 pm
great! i’ll check that out
Minecragy
04/19/2023 1:29 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
I said a lot but like in every time i am bored i join i mean with that and i am bored all the time so i will play for sometime and i am a builder thats like 1 of the things i am the best at in Minecraft so i will join a lot prob
goldwings42
04/18/2023 12:05 pm
Level 23 : Expert Mage
I would, but I only have bedrock
Maypop the Dragon
04/19/2023 8:55 am
history
I know there are servers that can handle crossplay between Java and Bedrock so if I can get that to work with the small world concept I'll add it. That is, if I end up making this server.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome