Would you play this type of server?

silentsam5's Avatar silentsam57/30/13 1:38 pm
8/1/2013 9:41 pm
Trevor-The-Slayer's Avatar Trevor-The-Slayer
It is one I have been planning for a while. You start in a city in a massive world. You go through a Tutorial from an NPC and then you are free in the real world. you can just go straight into the wild on the starter island, or build a boat and sail to another place, or save up money and buy an instant boat trip to a different place. There are different nations (all RP) with different towns and you have to either travel across the huge world yourself to get there, or pay your way there. There will also be dungeons and caves and things like that.
Everything is RPG like and NPCs can give quests and sell items to you for money. You can either live in prebuilt cities or go into the wild and start your own town. I am going to have the McMMO plugin, jobs plugin, and some other usefull RP plugins such as NPC plugin. But would you want to play a server like this?

My inspiration is runescape I guess.
silentsam5
Level 36 : Artisan Cowboy

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/01/2013 9:41 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Trevor-The-Slayer
n9ooononno
08/01/2013 6:21 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Blacksmith
IcyWolf1340
i ll help build !!! if seriously that gonna happened i very want to help building that town stuff like that. I m builder in a server so i know what i do.!!
08/01/2013 6:23 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
Really. ಠ_ಠ
08/01/2013 6:11 pm
Level 28 : Expert Dragonborn
bigfootbro
Sounds cool, but what if a bad builder starts a town, no offense to that person but it'll make the server look bad. You have to have a build test or something, or else, you know. But other than that and spawnkillers, greifers, the like, I'd play on it.
08/01/2013 9:29 pm
silentsam5
Well then I could just have qualified people able to start a town, and I have run a server and have dealt with rule breakers plenty before.
08/01/2013 6:05 pm
Level 24 : Expert Taco
Jaxtrm_
I'd try it, of course I always have troubles with these kind of things.
08/01/2013 5:06 pm
Level 24 : Expert Skinner
live_outloud
I would and that sound a lot how skyrim works
08/01/2013 12:24 am
Level 1 : New Miner
lilopherium
it sounds epic. sure why not
08/01/2013 12:21 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
Star Storm
This is a great idea. You could have quests like the yogscast's Shadow of Israphel for people who donate and stuff.
07/31/2013 10:25 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Pixel Puncher
Nocturnal_Shift
Yes they will. Especially me. I'm a proffesional RPG server builder. That guy above it right. You have to be good and fair to set the server up right.
07/31/2013 10:14 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
TheWombatDonut
YES! I LOVE ALL ROLEPLAYS!
07/31/2013 9:47 pm
silentsam5
So I'm seeing quite a few people are saying that they would play this kind of server, but some are saying it would be difficult to keep going unless I have a large player base early on. So I could either go for it and risk HUGE failure, or go back to my old tekkit server and try that again (it went really well, but tekkit has a lot of glitches that eventually caused a few map resets)
08/01/2013 12:16 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Narwhal
dkjjr
Why not go for FTB? It's better, has more mods, is updated (to 1.5.2), and has less bugs and glitches. You could revamp your Tekkit server but use FTB instead.
08/01/2013 9:48 am
silentsam5
Now the problem with that is the server I used to run counted on some of the mods in tekkit (mainly buildcraft and industrialcraft) to make sense. It was called companycraft and people built factories and made companies (obviously), and it makes much more sense to use tekkit for factories than FTB, even if tekkit is only 1.2.5.
08/01/2013 4:31 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Narwhal
dkjjr
If that's the only problem, FTB has almost every mod Tekkit has (including IC2 and BC) and if it doesn't have a mod you want/need you can add it easily.
08/01/2013 12:19 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
FTB Server? Now that would interest me.
07/31/2013 9:09 pm
_GoodMorning_
Yes. I would play and I would build, but I don't like to use skype when building with others. I think you should do this one, though tekkit gives you more options, not as many people have tekkit.
07/31/2013 9:05 pm
silentsam5
Well then should I try and go ahead with this idea? Or should I retry my last server (my tekkit one on my profile)?
07/31/2013 8:57 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
This sounds like a good idea (I'm not into role-playing, but if I was, I'd try it out), but it seems to rely too heavily on having a large player base. Someone needs to fill those towns and cities.

If you can get a sizable player base going, more power to you.
07/31/2013 8:15 pm
silentsam5
Bolombonchi
I was reading trough it and I was thinking 'Omg runescape memorys'
Then I got to the bottom and I noticed it was your main inspiration. It looks like an awesome idea but I think it should be more developed into a custom server without pre-made bukkit plugins. Like getting coders to make the plugins from scratch.

Well I am no Plugin Dev, so I may need to look for some help here.
07/31/2013 7:40 pm
Level 43 : Master Miner
Team Vindicta
silentsam5It is one I have been planning for a while. You start in a city in a massive world. You go through a Tutorial from an NPC and then you are free in the real world. you can just go straight into the wild on the starter island, or build a boat and sail to another place, or save up money and buy an instant boat trip to a different place. There are different nations (all RP) with different towns and you have to either travel across the huge world yourself to get there, or pay your way there. There will also be dungeons and caves and things like that.
Everything is RPG like and NPCs can give quests and sell items to you for money. You can either live in prebuilt cities or go into the wild and start your own town. I am going to have the McMMO plugin, jobs plugin, and some other usefull RP plugins such as NPC plugin. But would you want to play a server like this

I was reading trough it and I was thinking 'Omg runescape memorys'
Then I got to the bottom and I noticed it was your main inspiration. It looks like an awesome idea but I think it should be more developed into a custom server without pre-made bukkit plugins. Like getting coders to make the plugins from scratch.
07/31/2013 7:26 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
DragoPug
YES!
07/31/2013 7:25 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Prince
MayuriYandere
great idea! can't wait to see the server ;D
07/31/2013 7:23 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Cake
legotardis1212
INSTANTLY!!!!!! THAT SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07/31/2013 7:13 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Reer123
Contact me if you need a map or if you need a lore wrote up.
My Skype is "Reer123 - Kennedy"
07/31/2013 7:12 pm
leewells2000
silentsam5It is one I have been planning for a while. You start in a city in a massive world. You go through a Tutorial from an NPC and then you are free in the real world. you can just go straight into the wild on the starter island, or build a boat and sail to another place, or save up money and buy an instant boat trip to a different place. There are different nations (all RP) with different towns and you have to either travel across the huge world yourself to get there, or pay your way there. There will also be dungeons and caves and things like that.
Everything is RPG like and NPCs can give quests and sell items to you for money. You can either live in prebuilt cities or go into the wild and start your own town. I am going to have the McMMO plugin, jobs plugin, and some other usefull RP plugins such as NPC plugin. But would you want to play a server like this?

We've already done this exact thing on MCTradeCraft. Though the NPC's are disabled until Citizens stabilizes a bit.

The cities on this server so far are:
Castle NewGate (spawn - standard castle village and player housing immune to factions)
Castle Grechen (mountain castle/village)
Kerethin (tree city -- very elvish looking)

PLANNING/building:
Dulwer (underground city -- dwarvish -- in-progress/building)
Atlantia (underwater city -- unknown race -- planning)

There are also random dungeons around the area (massive and small, mazes and trapped) to add to the RP feel.

NewGate also has a lighthouse and ship that will instantly warp players to other ports in other cities for a small fare.

We only have 4 admins atm so the building is a little slower than I'd like but its coming along and pretty decent work for the server being back online for less than 30 days

We will be needing lore and quest writers very soon when citizens fixes its bug and is not hogging 6 xeon cores and 8GB ram.

Our inspiration is very similar: EverQuest... In fact if you look at the name Kerethin, you'll immediately say, "hmm that sounds like Kelethin in EverQuest!" and when you see Kerethin you'll say "Ok this IS Kelethin from EverQuest!" Well, not exactly but you can sure tell that is definitely where the inspiration was sourced.

If you need a guide for what we're using:

1. Citizens (disabled due to performance issues with latest snapshot for 1.6.x -- this plugin will do the NPCs and the quest scripting all-in-one)
2. Factions (We were using towny but it was a resource hog with 100+ players on)
3. EpicBossRecoded (This is really nice for giving people the raid bosses they've wanted instead of a single dragon in the end -- we have one infamous Boss already, its a skeleton that sits in the middle of a ruined castle area, a factions warzone, and he requires a few groups of people to kill and has a LOT of special abilities but the loot he drops will start a factions war for loot which is exactly what we were wanting [the drops are intentionally over-powered])
4. mcMMO (duh)
5. RealJobs
6. Catacombs (for dungeons).
07/31/2013 7:06 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Extriia
A great server idea. And, if I have the pleasure, I would love to help in anyway, either that be help with building or lore.
07/31/2013 7:03 pm
silentsam5
07/31/2013 7:01 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Goblin
poltercreeper
yes
07/31/2013 6:57 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Mage
brambleclaw9090
Yes
07/31/2013 6:51 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Taco
Ari_Likes_Bacon
This is a perfect idea!! i would love to play a server like that!
07/31/2013 6:47 pm
silentsam5
If I let people, would they help me build?
07/31/2013 9:20 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Pokemon
Zhergburg
I could help build I have a few Builds if you would like to see them, Im currently working on an offline server, like you play in in singleplayer and open it to LAN and then its two players, and It is a little mini-game has:

Golf:throw items on ice to make in hole,
Labrynth: typical maze with trap doors and such,
Snowball Wars, you are tp-ed to a place that is divided into 4 parts for 4 plr war,
Treasure hunt, find chests, and use armor for war games,
Skyblock: typical: stuck on island with limited resources,
etc...

Id love to help msg me if interested, I have a skype as well if that helps, and Im 13
07/31/2013 3:43 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
knights
sounds good
07/31/2013 10:22 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
mSTtb8s7wFL7trpsB9btW
Yeah, I'd play it. :3
07/31/2013 7:30 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
cucumbercat
I would play it! Sounds fun
07/30/2013 2:35 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
MisterJadey
I'd totally play this!
07/30/2013 2:31 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
Unnumbered Tears
I would like to play it, though it would take a little while for me to be able to play it the right way
07/30/2013 1:51 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Goblin
sapper56
i would definitely play it, but as jman mentioned, a lot of factors count towards servers like these shutting down just after launch.
07/30/2013 1:50 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
PvM_Silver
I would play this, It sounds like it would be popular and fun.
07/30/2013 1:46 pm
Level 47 : Master Architect
radioactiveglucose
I would play this
07/30/2013 1:41 pm
Level 40 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
jman5000555
I love the idea in concept, however most of the time these kinda servers fail. Due to some reason, like not a good money system, not enough players, people becoming OP and killing everyone. I would really like to play a server like this, if someone could just get it right.
07/30/2013 1:40 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Farmer
fuckdom
YES
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome