Is it a plugin or is it a mod?

PluffyPlays's Avatar PluffyPlays4/24/18 6:48 pm
1 emeralds 111 4
4/24/2018 9:38 pm
PluffyPlays's Avatar PluffyPlays
Hello I'm trying to find the difference between a mod and a plugin. I have been looking and my real question is "can you use a plugin without downloading the mod that the plugin is."
If you understood me then please let me know.
Thanks!
PluffyPlays
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/24/2018 9:38 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
PluffyPlays
thanks everyone. This question is definitely beyond google
04/24/2018 8:03 pm
Level 1 : New Engineer
3ssej_
Plugin:

Limited to the bukkit/spigot API. You cannot make any client-side modifications that go outside of what the game allows, however, almost anything is possible if you know all the tricks (mob spawners = custom blocks, for example)
Mod:
Can be absolutely anything, pretty much

No, plugins do not have to be downloaded client side.
04/24/2018 7:13 pmhistory
Level 82 : Elite Pixel Painter
Duvain Feynorim
Plugin:
A server sided addition, or change in the what MC works, usually in command additions or particle effects for things. No one needs to download a plugin to join a server, it is only server sided.
Mod:
A clientside(singleplayer) addition to minecraft be t aesthetic, drastic changes or otherwise, and if it is installed on a server all persons who connect to the server need to have it in their mods folder to play on the server.
04/24/2018 6:55 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Artist
AshesToAshes
A mod can be single player and has to be downloaded by everyone on multiplayer, a plugin is directly linked to the server changing the server not the player's config file
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome