Care to share? => Mechanics which always manage to satisfy?

ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser1/17/24 7:04 pm
2 emeralds 109 2
1/18/2024 8:52 pm
AyanamiKun's Avatar AyanamiKun
Hi gang!

When you play with mods you'll come across a lot of new stuff. New recipes, new game mechanics and completely new and different goals to achieve. Some of them you'll maybe go through because you can or have to, whereas others may actually give you a sense of satisfaction no matter how many times you went through the process. It doesn't matter if we're talking about big achievements or just something casual, but.... just something that satisfies for whatever reason.

Care to share?

I'll go first ;)

First on my list is Applied Energistics 2... crafting the basic materials, the circuits, never gets boring for me. I just love the mechanic and implied theory behind it.

Lemme explain... you need to look for and mine out several meteorites that "fell" onto the overworld. In the center you'll find a chest which contains one, maybe two, inscriber resses. There are four presses in total: Silicon, Calculation, Logic and Engineering. The idea is to create circuits using these presses in an 'Inscriber'. You can create ("print") an calculation circuit by using certus quartz dust with the engineering press. Note: certus quartz dust can be mined, and also smelted into silicon. Next: gold can be used to get a logic circuit and a diamond is used to make an engineering circuit. Finally... silicon can be used in combination with the silicon press to create... printed silicon.

So here's my favorite part... as we all hopefully know silicon is the main component for computer circuits ("chips") here on Earth. But within the Minecraft overworld the key component for any kind of circuit is, obviously, redstone. My point being? => these printed circuits can be crafted into processors by combining the printed circuit with a piece of printed silicone and combining that with one redstone dust.

This never gets old for me: I love the (implied) theory that we basically get access to "real" circuitry which gets "imported" into Minecraft by using redstone.

Another one then.... Integrated Dynamics (and Tunnels): although this isn't necessarily an original mechanic I still enjoy the way it got implemented: the main ingredient to craft cables, readers, writers, interfaces and what not is Menril. This is a material which you can get from specific menril trees (thus it's a renewable resource!) => get log blocks, squeeze these blocks by literally jumping up and down a squeezer and eventually liquid menril will flow out: make sure you got a drying basin and you'll end up with a block of crystalized menril. This can get you meril chunks and those are a key crafting component.

And finally... Botania, in specific the way it handles mana. Mana is its main source of energy. Most tech mods provide cables which you can use to transport the energy from one place to another. Yah... not so much with Botania: mana is kept in pools which are basically open 'containers'. You will literally see the blue'ish mana inside. Transporting? Either you use so called mana spreaders which literally spew out mana in the form of colorful beams, or ... you dip a so called mana tablet into the pool.

So yeah... these are some things I can't get tired of playing with (AE2 / 'Dynamics') or seeing (I don't play with Botania myself but my friend is fully hooked on it).

Thanks for reading, care to share yours? ;)
ShelLuser
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer