How do i make textures that are 30% transparant and 70% color?

G-J GAMES's Avatar G-J GAMES7/21/20 12:24 pm history
7/23/2020 4:00 pm
G-J GAMES's Avatar G-J GAMES
Hello all.

im making a texture pack and currently im editing a glass top.

my problem is that the top of this window plane is transparant but 1 px.
this is when i paint a pixel with 49 or below coverage. if i use 50 coverage its solid.

now im not trying to make it fully trans or have it solid but i want a colored pane which i can see through just like the stained glass.

but i cant seem to find how i do it. if i search for transparant i get all kinds of things to make it fully transparant. the same happens whenn i search for opacity?

anyone here that knows what i have to do or where i can find some more info. i heard something about alpha channels.

the glass top im talking about
G-J GAMES
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/23/2020 4:00 pm
G-J GAMES
thanks all i left it with a blue greenish texture and just looks good. it kinda looks like the color of a broken car window. which is blue greenish to.

im now trying to figure out how i can add my own blocks to the game which will allow me to make more colored blocks for pixelart
07/21/2020 2:47 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
oakar258
Game supports semi-transparent pixels only for certain blocks like stained glass and ice
07/21/2020 2:38 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Button Pusher
Mayonnaise2124
What program are you using? I recommend Paint.net
07/21/2020 1:39 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Artist
Tunahan138
I don't know too much but i think Paint.NET program has this option?
07/21/2020 12:34 pmhistory
Level 27 : Expert Engineer
AndrewGamer076
You can only add a "transparent colors" to glass and glass panes on bedrock edition, unless they're stained glass/glass panes.
If you're on bedrock edition, you can use something like G.I.M.P. to add transparency to a color by changing the opacity of the layer and you can erase parts of the layer with the eraser tool, then if you want to, you can add another layer with things on it and export it as a .png file (you can also do this on java edition with stained glass/panes). Hope this helps!
07/21/2020 1:18 pm
G-J GAMES
how do you mean a other layer with things? if i place a new alpha layer on it would it then turn slightly invisible
07/21/2020 12:38 pm
G-J GAMES
so i cant do it with normal glass panes?
because what i try is to make the top of them be stained glass. i just dislike the solid blue on those window planes. i want to see trough it just like stained glas. yes im using gimp and are on java. i also just found a way to do it with a color to alpha.

btw thanks
07/21/2020 12:46 pm
G-J GAMES
nevermind it didnt work
07/21/2020 1:30 pmhistory
Level 27 : Expert Engineer
AndrewGamer076
You can only make transparent colors with stained glass/panes if your using java. So, sadly, you can't change the normal glass the way you want to (I also have this problem with my java texture pack, so I just use white stained glass) if you really want to ,just look at the glass from my texture pack, and make any changes you want (but only with the glass and stained glass/panes from my pack, not anything else)
07/21/2020 2:00 pm
G-J GAMES
thanks but ill leave it with a black line ore something then.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome