How does the new Forge Texturing work?

MikeRobe's Avatar MikeRobe4/5/13 2:24 am
1 emeralds 275 3
4/7/2013 3:49 pm
MikeRobe's Avatar MikeRobe
Me and Dylbet are having trouble updating our mods as in 1.5 the texturing system was changed. A full detailed description would be appreciated.
MikeRobe
Level 29 : Expert Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

_Skyden_
04/05/2013 5:55 am
Level 36 : Artisan Modder
In 1.5 only the way to texture a block and item changed, not the rest of texturing methods. So to texture my blocks and items I created a new folder in my mcp\src\minecraft and I called it textures. Then inside the textures folder make two folders, one called items and one called blocks.

Now go into your eclipse program and go to your the main class file you are using for your mod. Go to the line that your set the unlocalized name which looks something like this:
YourBlock = new YourBlock(700).setUnlocalizedName("YourBlockName");

The String in the brackets after .setUnlocalizedName is what minecraft will automatically try and load a png file for in textures\blocks. The png it will try to load in this case will be in this location: mcp\src\minecraft\textures\blocks\YourBlockName.png

To make it load your texture for the block just drag a png file named whatever your setUnlocalizedBlockName string is into the \textures\blocks. Then go into your block class file, and remove any texture loading you have coded previously.

Do the same for items, but instead put things in the items folder, not blocks.

If you have any issues look at the console when you run the game. It should tell you if itis trying to load a texture, but cannot find it, and if so where it is trying to load it from. That is how I figured out how to do them in 1.5.

Hope this helps
- Sky
MikeRobe
04/07/2013 3:49 pm
Level 29 : Expert Nerd
Hey cool, thanks very much. Now we can make some 1.5 mods!
GarretSidzaka
04/05/2013 2:36 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Hero
well, you just need to run your existing texture pack thru this thing.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/160 ... innerbone/

its actually quite and improvement from mojang (for once)

basically it makes a new folder called textures and in dere is blocks and items

items is all the shit from gui/items.png broke into little pictures. easy to edit, scale, tile, make seamless!

the blocks folder is even better with all blocks broken from the terrain.png. if you get really good you can animate the blocks with custom animations and custom playback speeds!!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome