Implement client GUI in the server application

Sane's Avatar Sane1/8/13 4:40 pm
1 emeralds 145 4
1/10/2013 2:10 am
ehdfawq3er's Avatar ehdfawq3er
Hi guys! I started playing Minecraft recently and got a huge itch to start modding. I have some ideas about a survival mod I would like to implement, but after looking through the source code I'm a bit confused.

So the deal is: I would like to implement a server mod so that people don't need to download it separately to be able to use it. I've looked through the basics and I think I will get the hang of it soon, but my issue is that I don't know how to modify the the player's GUI, if it is even possible? All the classes "I need" seem to be in the client code, so I'm starting to think that it's impossible, no?

So what are my options? I haven't played for so long so I don't know how people usually do. Is there a way to implement a custom GUI through the server application or do I have to find another way?
Sane
Level 26 : Expert Modder