Modpack Launchers anyone?

KerianH's Avatar KerianH10/17/13 4:41 am
1 emeralds 2.3k 17
10/19/2013 6:51 am
Daniel_'s Avatar Daniel_
Hey guys, so I got a great new idea for a Minecraft Modpack similar to Voltz, Tekkit, and a bunch of others, though the purpose of this modpack is to essentially do what Voltz, Tekkit, and other modpacks have failed to do; give you some guns.

The modpack's name? Lightspeed Mach V, hell yeah!

Essentially designed for mapmakers, FPS addicts, sci-fi enthusiasts, and anyone else who felt a little wanting in other popular modpacks out there, the modpack will include all the tools needed to have a good time and for both mapmakers and modlovers to enjoy themselves. For map makers, it gives you the tools provided via Custom NPC mods to give you some dynamic player/environment interaction. For map players, it provides dynamic content that can easily make any server transform from a peaceful megalocorp society into a battlefield. For the FPS enthusiast, it gives you a gun; something that not very many popular or official modpacks tend to do. And for the sci-fi enthusiast...well, most of what I described is self-explanatory. You'll enjoy yourselves, trust me. ^^

Now, the problem is that this mod pack is going to be up to date, which unfortunately means that while the mods are going to be in good old 1.6.2/1.6.4, there's a slight problem; I can't find any modpack launchers out there that are up to date with this stuff. Most of what I've found (Feed the Beast, Voids, Technic) has stopped at 1.5.2, which is a problem because it doesn't give you all the good stuff that 1.6 provides (such as resource packs being able to change sounds for example) and most of the mods I've been looking at have thus far deleted or otherwise not backed up to 1.5, so I can't rely on earlier releases for them. The only launcher I did manage to find that is up to date is the ATLauncher, and it's got some complex XML stuff you've got to do in order to get a modpack set up, and I don't have time to learn it.

Anyone know of a good launcher out there that's up to date to 1.6? Please help, I want to get this pack out there for people to check out. I know you guys won't regret it.

What to expect:
The Universal Electricity Mods (including ICBM, Mekanism, Galacticraft, Modular Force Fields, etc), because they work well together and include what I need
Balkon's Weaponmod (Because you gotta start with the shield and club before you go for the ballistic missiles and mechas)
Flan's Mod version 4 (Complete with Mechas, Planes, modern weapons and all that goodness)
Custom NPCS (For those who want to shoot something other than multiplayer guys)
and much more...

This modpack will also be the official modpack for my Space Hulk map project, so there's that...any feedback is appreciated!

"Time for Payback..."

-Kerian
KerianH
Level 26 : Expert Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Daniel_
10/19/2013 6:51 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Im DIAMONDPICKAXE92 i cant access this account so sub to this one
KerianH
10/19/2013 3:56 am
Yesh, Diamondpickaxe has made me a launcher. I'm still open though to have the modpack available on different launchers.

Now comes the next problem; trying to get forge to stay on the modpack file and NOT try and install onto my vanilla client...and I have absolutely no idea how.
DIAMONDPICKAXE92
10/18/2013 9:06 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
Don't worry i made alauncher for this guy
aboveordinary
10/18/2013 8:55 pm
Level 43 : Master Engineer
KerianH-snip-^

That is great! I hope he says yes because his mod is one of my favorites next to tinkerer's construct
aboveordinary
10/18/2013 8:54 pm
KerianH

GAH! Glad you mentioned it to me

No problem, I tried to make a modpack once, but it is really hard to contact all of the mod authors as they all have a different way to contact them. I hope the modpack turns out ok and I will download it if you can get it on the FTB Launcher (either as public or private)
KerianH
10/18/2013 8:49 pm
Alright, so a quick update; turns out that you CAN have Balkon's Weapon Mod in a modpack, but you need his explicit permission first, which I'm intending to acquire before I put it on. ^^
SoyMonkey
10/18/2013 6:22 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Technic launcher now supports 1.6 modpacks so u could use them
KerianH
10/18/2013 8:36 pm
Does it now? Well, a little late, but I'll give it a look-see either way. Thanks.
NeoForce
10/18/2013 6:06 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
it would be helpful if you make something like a easy mod loader, similar to magic launcher, I used that now its broke, I really want to install pixelmon, only if you make a loader that can launch it
KerianH
10/18/2013 6:16 pm
I've been trying to use the Magic Launcher. It works...kind of. But I don't see how having to install the mods onto Minecraft to begin with and get it all set up constitutes as "we can download the mods without affecting your minecraft client!"
aboveordinary
10/17/2013 2:50 pm
This is cool but you won't be able to legally distribute it publicly with balkon's weapons mod as the owner has said "this is NOT allowed to be in any modpacks" but good idea
WTFshady
10/17/2013 2:39 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
Is it going to be on a server or something or ou will make it downloadable for everyone to use it in s.player?
sgtbraders
10/17/2013 2:34 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
ATLauncher is a good place to put your modpack! I will play it if it is actually made
KerianH
10/18/2013 5:43 pm
Yeah, but the ATLauncher's got some pretty complex stuff involved. I'd try it out but it would take a lot of time to set it all up.

aboveordinaryThis is cool but you won't be able to legally distribute it publicly with balkon's weapons mod as the owner has said "this is NOT allowed to be in any modpacks" but good idea

GAH! Glad you mentioned it to me, That sucks, given that it's a cool mod and really should get out there more...but there are other weapon mods out there. Hopefully I can find a suitable replacement.

Thanks for all the comments guys!
dunem666
10/17/2013 2:31 pm
Level 44 : Master Network
check out "lifemmo"

its similar to what your looking to do
DevilishDoctor
10/17/2013 4:46 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
this seems like a good idea, what sci-fi mods are you planning on including in the modpack?
KerianH
10/17/2013 2:29 pm
A number of mods, though given that the pack's just starting out I still have to scout for more. Buildcraft will be in it, Flan's Mod is a definite with custom packs (hopefully), most of what made Voltz fun will also be included.

Any suggestions on mods btw are more than welcome. ^^
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome