My dad cannot code...

newdub's Avatar newdub10/11/20 6:45 pm
10/22/2020 11:41 am
newdub's Avatar newdub
my dad wants to mod minecraft and its amazing!!! im happy he is spending time on the game, but... he really sucks at modding!!! id like you too submit tips in the comments bellow!!!
newdub
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/14/2020 6:21 am
Level 37 : Artisan Engineer
SaneGamer
What language is he coding in?
10/14/2020 6:48 pm
newdub
java
10/15/2020 6:09 am
Level 37 : Artisan Engineer
SaneGamer
Yeah, it’s kind of confusing at first.
10/14/2020 6:06 am
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
If you are actually interested in learning how to program something unique instead of using generic blocks/items from McCreator, I am an experienced datapacker and would be willing to teach how the inner workings of minecraft actually work and everything you can do without even modifying the game engine itself. Custom HUD elements, fully featured mobs, all the items you could ever need, and even complete cars all with just datapacks and resource packs.
10/22/2020 11:41 am
newdub
yes please! this will probally help, as im good at playing, not coding.
10/12/2020 1:51 pm
newdub
once again i am coming to you for help.
i want to do like a family project, however im not good at coding, so instead of using forge or whatever, i decided i was going to use mcreater, however, i need to get too the coding blocks, but i cant find them!! can anybody help???
10/12/2020 2:02 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Coding blocks?

Also, MCreator will generate a Forge mod, so you will still need it to run the mods that you make. You can get it here.
10/12/2020 2:08 pm
newdub
yeah, i saw a vid where a guy used blocks like you do on the site scratch (not like the ones in the game)
10/12/2020 2:20 pmhistory
Geforce
Could you please link to this video? I'm not quite sure what you mean.
10/12/2020 8:40 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
newdubdad
10/14/2020 6:13 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
Pumpkinlover
Can it be a command block
10/11/2020 10:32 pm
Level 29 : Expert Sailor
Kxromi
I can show you tips sometimes! Also he can download some of the mods!
10/11/2020 7:26 pm
Level 41 : Master Magical Boy
Wannabe TommyInnit
Ah, he must suck because he may be using Eclipse.
I suggest using MCreator. Very easy to learn and use, and requires almost no coding.
10/12/2020 10:59 am
newdub
my god this will help soooo much!!! thanks too all of you for the help! my dad is going to love this! (i used too many exclamation marks)
10/11/2020 8:40 pmhistory
Geforce
Using MCreator defeats the purpose and satisfaction of learning to code yourself though. You don't really "code" when you use MCreator. Everything is made by simply selecting from pre-made options in dropdown lists (or a drag-and-drop system) and then adding slight customization such as changing damage values, item names, mining speed, or what happens when you right-click the block/item. MCreator is okay for making very basic mods such as adding your own custom tools or biomes, I guess, but for anything more complicated than that, you'll want to code it yourself. You have near unlimited customization by writing your own mods and they will be a lot more optimized than MCreator's messily generated code. There's a reason why no popular mods are made in MCreator. There's also a reason why you see a million nearly identical emerald or ruby tool mods. 😉

With that said, I would love to see custom mods from newdub's father! There are some great Forge tutorials on Youtube, here's a playlist for beginner modding on 1.15/16. I'm assuming that he already knows a bit of Java, but if not, Youtube can help you out there as well.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome