[MOD IDEA]: real pneumatics

constructer105's Avatar constructer1058/8/13 1:37 pm
1 emeralds 260 2
8/23/2013 2:09 pm
Christoph97's Avatar Christoph97
Hallo everyone,

Allthough I have allready posted some things in the project section, this is my first entry in the forum. It is about a mod-idea that has been playing in my head for a while now. I know there are a lot of mods that offer automation, but really, pumping stuff out with an engine connected directly to the pipe doesn't really seem that realistic.

Before I proceed I must say I don't know a single line of code. The most advanced thing I have done is code my ComputerCraft stuff.

So, my idea is to create a Minecraft version of the real life hydraulics and pneumatics.
I was thinking at:

pneumatic tubes:
you have to build up air pressure before the items move (+ air locks)

pneumatic pistons:
only usable for moving a maximum of 2 blocks
- single and double action pistons

hydraulic pistons:
usable for moving 2-15 blocks (higher pressures)
-single and double action

Basicly, my idea is to add this entire website (http://www.pneumatics.be/). (I'm sorry that it is in Dutch but I can't really find an English alternative)

I think it would be really cool to add compressors, tubing, pistons, controls, gates, ... in a real pneumatic and hydraulic way.

Give me some feedback about this idea.

Sincerely Constructer105
constructer105
Level 26 : Expert Geek