Would people be interested in a Minecraft Social Media mod f

scarabcoder's Avatar scarabcoder9/29/16 1:47 pm
1 emeralds 561 4
12/2/2016 4:04 am
brostermedia's Avatar brostermedia
(Repost from MinecraftForums)

Hello,

I'm the current and sole developer for MineBook, a Minecraft mod which allows you to add players as friends, as well as chat over servers and even join their current server. It isn't the greatest, and it's buggy.

However, I plan to re-release with better features, removed bugs, and more security. But before I invest many more hours into making MineBook, I want to ask; would you be interested?

None of this is free for me. There have been other mods like this (notably MineCC), but they died because it takes constant maintaining (not just updating) and a monthly fee for database and server hosting. While it may not be much, there really isn't a reason for someone to release a mod like this.

Not only would I create a Minecraft mod, it would also be a desktop and eventually online application as well. I've already started development on the desktop application.

So to end this off, I have two questions. First, would you download and use this mod?

Second, if you would use this mod, what are things you would be willing to pay for/donate to help keep this mod alive?

You can view the current mod's features here: http://www.minebook.scarabcoder.com.
scarabcoder
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard