New Mod: Power Tools. Mine more efficiently

cuchaz's Avatar cuchaz5/29/13 11:52 pm
1 emeralds 885 5
6/4/2013 8:37 am
cuchaz's Avatar cuchaz

Hello Planet Minecraft,

I'm new here, but I've been a fan of Minecraft for a long time. I registered this account so I could release a new mod I just finished. I made better tools for digging and mining which is something I've wanted in the game for a long time.

Here's the short version of what the mod does.

The mod is for Minecraft v1.5.2 and it's based on the Forge mod loader, so it should be compatible with all your other Forge-based mods. It's a fairly simple mod. I just added two new tools, one new block, and five new recipes. The new tools are powered drills that remove multiple blocks at one time and should save you a TON of time digging and mining for ores. The other recipes and the block are just support infrastructure for the drills.

Here is a teaser of the two drills:

You can find out more on my Bitbucket site where the mod is currently hosted. There is a longer and more thorough explanation of the mod's features there. There are also installation instructions if you want to try out the mod. It's an open-source mod, so the full source code is provided. You can download the Forge zip file in the downloads section.

Enjoy!

Cuchaz

UPDATE: The mod has been posted in the mods section now. You can read more about Power Tools there.
cuchaz
Level 77 : Legendary Modder