Giant Glowstone Tree (Nyvarld Spotlight)

Spookyhappyfun's Avatar Spookyhappyfun8/5/13 9:42 pm
8/19/2013 9:28 am
Spookyhappyfun's Avatar Spookyhappyfun
Hi all!

Tonight I wanted to share with you a post spotlighting one of the unique builds found in the land of Nyvarld, the survival adventure map featuring well over 100 new structures and builds to discover and explore.

Other spotlight posts include the Snowy Mausoleum and Crypt and the Forest Graveyard.

This time we'll be taking a look at a Giant Glowstone Tree!

I've always been a fan of giant tree builds, so I decided to try my hand at one. It took a lot of work to get it to look right, but I finally got it into a tree shape. This particular one, though, grows glowstone.

This is just the trunk of an enormous tree growing in the middle of a large field. No one knows what kind of enchantment was put on it, but it's grown there for as long as anyone can remember. Its branches and roots also grow glowstone, though nobody has ever been able to reproduce the effect with any of its saplings.

A look at the full tree during the day. Clouds were turned off for this picture since the top of it is above the cloud line.

And what fun is a giant glowstone tree if you can't see it at night? Here's a picture of the full tree to get a sense of the glow.

The base at night showing all the smaller trees sprouting from the roots.

It's a long way up from the base of the tree. It'd suck to climb it and fall from that height.

There's a small hole in the roots at the base of the tree that, at just the right angle, begins to reveal the secrets hidden underneath it.

This shows off the height of the tree compared to the cloud level.

That's all for now, but stay tuned as I post more Spotlights showcasing more of the structures and locations dotting the landscape of Nyvarld!

And feel free to diamond or comment if you see anything you like.

Thanks!
Spookyhappyfun
Level 23 : Expert Crafter