Ideas for a city

DreamWanderer's Avatar DreamWanderer10/19/14 7:53 pm
11/2/2014 3:57 am
paintsniffer's Avatar paintsniffer
Hello i recently just started building a city and i need some ideas on what to build next, the layout, and a name, and seeing that i am not very creative when i comes to names, i was hoping that you guys could help come up with some ideas. I was looking for a an original name but (something that you would most likely would sound like a real name not involving Minecraft things in the name). Would you guys have any ideas for these things?
(also here is the world i am building on)
DreamWanderer
Level 85 : Elite Pegasus

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/02/2014 3:57 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
paintsniffer
God I love the name Oasis Beach, maybe do a train station, you hardly ever see those around in cities. also have different areas of the city, so maybe a section where the buildings are older all the way to a downtown with loads of skyscrapers
10/31/2014 6:23 am
Level 27 : Expert Architect
DrummerJacob
That looks like a really interesting layout so far with the river, I like that. You could look up translations of different languages of: 2 rivers or joining/intersection of rivers or something along those lines. You could check in Spanish Portugese French German Norwegian Dutch or anything, and see if you can find a beautiful name that applies to the geography.

Or, do the same idea with priniples of your city. Is it a bustling metropolis where nobody knows your name and the city never sleeps or just a big town with a hometown feel and a local feel. Use attributes you want or that you already have to come up with a name in English or try translating it to get cool sounding names that still mean something about your city while looking cool.

I used to live in Des Moines, Iowa. pronounced Duh Moyne Its french for 2 rivers, so thats where I got the idea of doing that.

IF you want to have a look at a city that I started from scratch and have done opposite of you, I built the city first and now im starting to add natural features around it like mountains and natural looking rivers....feel free to have a look, or to come by, maybe we can combine our projects!

metropoliscity.enjin.com

-Jacob (Ponch)
10/26/2014 8:10 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Reer123
Name of the river? That could lead to a cool name.
10/26/2014 8:06 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Toast
C_is_CREATIVE
Arborline
Aterswell
Beardale
Belhurst
Bluechester
Calmere
Coalman
Frebourne
Galark
Grand Brownsville
Highler
Kanlywell
Kentinglotte
Mountainlyn
Mountainson
North Gamage
Orchardons Springs
Ridgebourne
Springcott
Sterlingshore
Warlyn
Waterlyn
Wetherley
Windark
Woomere

Just some ideas
10/26/2014 8:03 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lego Builder
mogli
I agree with Thomas999, you should build the theme you enjoy the most.

and a name for the city, the easiest way is take names in real life you like and change them a little bit
10/20/2014 7:52 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Opinion:
I think you should choose to build a city in the theme/style that you enjoy building.
-ex. I like building big fantasy themed houses-
And the name?

Chocolate milk.
10/19/2014 8:24 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
The last city I recall naming creatively was KRCO city or something like that. Just take the first letter of everybody who works on it's names.
10/19/2014 8:21 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Cake
legotardis1212
lol anarchy /\
10/19/2014 8:04 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Engineer
FirmusPiett
Libertarian-Ville / Anarchytown
Mayor Ron Paul / Stefan Molyneux

Lots of super cool skyscrapers and epic capitalist palaces. No slums, because no one is poor and dependent on government because yay there is none. So no state buildings.
10/19/2014 8:02 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Cake
legotardis1212
The Minecraftia International Airport
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome