Too Much Building!

bunny+judo's Avatar bunny+judo1/29/16 2:12 am
2/2/2016 3:38 am
bunny+judo's Avatar bunny+judo
So, this is my first forum post! Yay! Now to what this is about.

I have myself a little bit of a predicament. I plan on making something for YouTube that requires a lot of buildings. This includes cities, towns, houses, miliarty bases, vehicles, etc. as it is set in a modern day world. Now this is all fine and good but no one can help me with this as they, a) have no time or b) don't have a good computer. And I don't blame them, life is like that sometimes. What I came here for was suggestions. I already have to finish my server's builds, (a port town, finish HG map, make two more HG maps, prison, possibly factions) and an adventure map in the works and I don't think I will be able to handle a third massive project on my own. So I wanted some other peoples opinions on what to do or what you would do in my place. Like, if I should invest a few hundred dollars in a build team or if I should simply continue on by myself but get it done in a longer period of time. I am interested to see what you guys say.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a fantabulous day/night ,
~Judo
bunny+judo
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/30/2016 4:40 am
Level 36 : Artisan Procrastinator
VoxelBlox
I might also be available if you still need any help. Even though you dont have skype, I do mainly use it for communication with my friends, and buddies. Thomas up there can vouch for me. Oh and dont worry about needing to pay me or anything, I always work for free, I certainly like the game, I just dont think I should profit off on a visual idea rather than a who game. If you want to see if Im good enough for you, you can check out my profile, it has some pretty recent stuff, but the big builds are almost ready to be posted. Interiors suck.

I can work with almost any build style, I will just have to teach myself or have someone help me along the way, cause I mainly build spaceships and stuff

Have a nice day!
02/02/2016 3:38 am
bunny+judo
Thanks so much for the reply. I'll check out your stuff and your main build style and see you'll be able to help!

You have a nice day, too!
01/29/2016 2:31 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Smudgey1998
If you need any help, I consider myself a good builder and have alot of time to spare

01/29/2016 12:17 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
NovaCat3
There are a lot of pretty good builders who would be willing to help for free. (Of course, this may open it up to have a greater chance of being scammed/hacked, so you'd have to take some necessary precautions.)
01/29/2016 11:33 am
Level 29 : Expert Architect
ElMeiser
Always easier to do many small projects to achieve the main goal, pace yourself and take breaks! (Welcome to the fourms)
01/29/2016 11:27 am
Level 30 : Artisan Goblin
Adyxia
I wouldn't bother paying hundreds for a build team
You can normally find people on PMC who will be willing to help for free, just don't leave someone you just met alone on your server
If you did want a build team, then you could always hire a few at a time to do smaller projects within the large one (if that makes sense).
01/29/2016 10:52 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
maybe build a mini city? like build each building within a 3x3 area like tripwire hook for a door and button for balconys and slab is the roof if you can walk on it stone type and if not netherbrick type cause i made a map thing for school with this also with the seed its awesome seed 1.8 and 1.8.9 its AMapOfCanada

EDIT: im an idiot i realised what you meant but you could still use this idea for maps that players are themed as aot titans or giants and stuff? or a tiny town theme?
01/29/2016 10:07 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Well... Since your in need of that much stuff I would recommend you to go around PMC (also the forums) to ask someone if they would be intrested, but just a note: NEVER ask builders like me, because we usually have both problem A and B

However if you still are not satisfyed here on PMC I would recommend you go to Mc-Market, Get an account on Monday and pay someone to do it for you
01/29/2016 9:11 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Warrior
notfegel
No.
01/30/2016 12:13 am
bunny+judo
Yes.

Thomas999Well... Since your in need of that much stuff I would recommend you to go around PMC (also the forums) to ask someone if they would be intrested, but just a note: NEVER ask builders like me, because we usually have both problem A and B

However if you still are not satisfyed here on PMC I would recommend you go to Mc-Market, Get an account on Monday and pay someone to do it for you

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to check it out.

guestdsmaybe build a mini city? like build each building within a 3x3 area like tripwire hook for a door and button for balconys and slab is the roof if you can walk on it stone type and if not netherbrick type cause i made a map thing for school with this also with the seed its awesome seed 1.8 and 1.8.9 its AMapOfCanada

EDIT: im an idiot i realised what you meant but you could still use this idea for maps that players are themed as aot titans or giants and stuff? or a tiny town theme?

Good idea! I might use a technique like that for one of my other HG maps (I'd give credit tho)

AdyxiaI wouldn't bother paying hundreds for a build team
You can normally find people on PMC who will be willing to help for free, just don't leave someone you just met alone on your server
If you did want a build team, then you could always hire a few at a time to do smaller projects within the large one (if that makes sense).

Tbh I wouldn't want to either. At hundreds I would just build it myself, haha

ElMeiserAlways easier to do many small projects to achieve the main goal, pace yourself and take breaks! (Welcome to the fourms)

Yeah, true and it's something I need to remember to do. And thanks!

TheAmazingSansThere are a lot of pretty good builders who would be willing to help for free. (Of course, this may open it up to have a greater chance of being scammed/hacked, so you'd have to take some necessary precautions.)

Yeah, I might put something up about it but also, your second point does have me a little cautious.

Smudgey1998If you need any help, I consider myself a good builder and have alot of time to spare

I'll see how things go but I may just take you up on your offer, thanks! But I will most likely be unavailable for Skype.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome