[1.15.2] Gamer's SMP - Vanilla Whitelist Survivalstar

GamerBah's Avatar GamerBah4/24/20 11:17 pm history
6/21/2020 1:48 pm
behetee's Avatar behetee
width=758

width=758

There isn't really any "Cinderella story" about how I created this survival server. I like playing survival with other people, and so do my friends. I figured that, since we're all stuck indoors for the foreseeable future, I should create something that other people in the Minecraft community can enjoy as well!

The goal is to become a friendly community that can enjoy survival with each other, by building bases together or on own own, holding fun events, and creating an economy with player-run shops!

This isn't some thing we want people to take serious at all times. It's meant for fun, and created because I had so much free time!

width=758

For the most part, the server is vanilla. There are no wacky mechanics plugins like MCMMO or starter kits, but there are some quality of life things added to make things easier on players!

Most notably, there is a plugin (made by myself!) that adds a lot of beneficial features to the game while keeping it as close to vanilla feel as possible

/home - will take you to your bed, if you have one, and only works at full health
/message /msg or /m - privately messages players
/reply /r - replies to the most recent private message you received
/ping - shows you how good (or bad) your connection is in milliseconds
/rules - displays the server rules, which can also be found below, and in the Discord
/afk - will mark you as away from keyboard in the chat, as well as gray out your name in the tab list

There are also a handful of non-command things that you may find incredibly helpful!
Horses will display speed and jump stats when they are ridden.

Falling into the void with a Totem of Undying will respawn you at your bed or the world spawn with various debuffs, and the totem will be consumed.

Death messages have been improved to show the location a player died at, as well as the dimension they were in.
Deaths are also improved by removing the death screen, and putting the player in spectator mode for a few seconds while they respawn. I would say you should try it out, but that seems a little dangerous.

Fancy join and quit messages, because why not!

The server also features a few plugins made by others in the Minecraft community:
CoreProtect, which enables staff members to see if people are stealing things from others.
TreeAssist, which is a tree feller plugin. Because chopping trees down block by block just isn't fun.
Dynmap, so we can get a cool overview of everything players have built and explored
InvSort, which replicates the features of the Inventory Tweaks forge mod. Organization is important, okay?

width=758

While we do enjoy having fun with other people, we do want to put some limitations on what's allowed so that our gaming environment stays desirable. There aren't a ton of strict rules, but there are important ones that need to be followed:
1. Be respectful to everyone! Don't harass people for no reason. Be kind :)
2. Play fair. This means no hacked clients or mods (besides Optifine, of course).
3. Ask about specific Minecraft bugs before using them, such as zero-tick farms and TNT dupers.
4. Absolutely no racist, sexual, or other offensive/vulgar messages. Don't test me.
5. Don't destroy another player's build, steal items from others, or troll players with things such as pitfall player traps.
6. Be aware of where other players are! Don't build too close to someone else unless they tell you it's okay to do so.
7. Spamming, advertising, or excessive caps lock shouting will be a ban after 1 warning. And this is that warning.

width=758

The application process is pretty straight forward. Reply to this thread with the following questions answered, and I'll notify you by quoting your reply and direct messaging you the Discord information!

If I don't accept your application, I'll kindly send you a direct message with the reasons I had against having you join the community. I wish I could accept everyone, but it would become a chaotic mess.
Username:
Have you ever been banned from a server? If so, what for?
How interested are you with playing and building together with others in a survival world?
How well are you able to handle conflict (scale of 1-6, 6 being the best)?
How much time do you think you'll spend on the server?
What do you enjoy most about Minecraft? Building, Redstone, or something else?
Any fun things I should know about you?

Some things about me!

I'm a 22 year old college student going to school for my Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, with my life goal to work at Microsoft some day! I used to run a few other servers, such as a prison server and minigames server a long time ago, and since then I've been working privately on a lot of Minecraft plugins (Enchantment Upgrade (Bukkit link) being my most popular one). I enjoy working with Redstone quite a bit, but I'm certainly not a professional like Mumbo Jumbo is!

Some of the other games I play are Terraria, Rocket League, and Call of Duty. I once had the opportunity to become a member of an eSports team for Call of Duty: Ghosts, but my clan was soon-after disbanded, unfortunately!
GamerBah
Level 39 : Artisan Modder