Can I make a server?

xXEPICxTTOWN24Xx's Avatar xXEPICxTTOWN24Xx9/17/12 6:59 pm
9/17/2012 7:41 pm
xXEPICxTTOWN24Xx's Avatar xXEPICxTTOWN24Xx
Hey guys,
I just have a couple of questions. I have verizion as my internet and it wont let me make a server no matter what I do. I really don't want to pay for a server until I have the money. So my question is, "Is it possible to make a minecraft bukkit server with verizion internet?" Please help me because i really want to make a server for me and my friends. Please reply asap if you can.

Thanks,
xXEPICxTTOWN24Xx
xXEPICxTTOWN24Xx
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/17/2012 7:41 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
xXEPICxTTOWN24Xx
Well that does stink. What about another type of internet like Netgear? Mind telling me about that?
09/17/2012 7:26 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
theplayerteam
Hi xXEPICxTTOWN24Xx,

Yes, it is possible for you to make a server, you just need to learn how.

I never heard of a service provider called "Verizion", so I'm going to assume you're talking about "Verizon". In their terms of service, they do mention that if you host a server, you are violating their terms of service.

Click "Spoiler" to see what I found. (In no way am I a lawyer, please correct me if any of the information is incorrect)

Click to reveal
From Verizon Online's terms of service, available at
http://www.verizon.net/policies/vzcom/tos_popup.asp

4. AUTHORIZED USER, ACCOUNT USE, AND RESPONSIBILITIES.

3. Restrictions on Use.

...[Trimmed]... You also may not exceed the bandwidth usage limitations that Verizon may establish from time to time for the Service, or use the Service to host any type of server. Violation of this section may result in bandwidth restrictions on your Service or suspension or termination of your Service.

So according to that section of Verizon Online's terms of service, if you host a server, they can actually limit how much "traffic" you can send/receive and even stop your Internet connection altogether!

If you want to host a server anyway, you could. But Verizon Online will have the right to take action and stop your server.

Do you still want to make a new Bukkit server? If so, do you need any more help?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome