Clearing something up.

ronsiv8's Avatar ronsiv88/6/20 10:16 am
8/21/2020 6:32 pm
Notso9bit's Avatar Notso9bit
So I would like to ask you something -
What do you need to make a server? More so, how much money do you need?
Say you pay 5 dollars for a server monthly, if youre lucky maybe you paid 15 dollars per month.
Good enough?
No. You need builders, developers, mods, all that. Let's go to teams.
You post in teams, saying that "I need builders, developers, mods!".
As a developer I will tell you that our job takes a while. We don't do it for free (for a long time). I don't know how it works builders and mods, but theyre time is thier time. What i'm saying is, you can't make a server yourself, and you need to hire these people.

From the developer side -
Something I see way too much is owners who think developers can do ANYTHING and don't require anything.
One time I developed this factions plugin for a server. The problem was that there was simply too much data to save in a file. So he told me to "try using SQL". If you don't know what SQL is, it's a great way to store data, but you need some kind of server (not a minecraft server, there are other server types MINDBLOWN) so I asked him, "do we have a server to do this?" and he said "no, but find a free one". Now, if he would've done any research at all, he would know that this is impossible. Questionble providers may give you a server for "free", but don't fall for that.

Look, I understand that you really want to "open a minecraft server" and thats fair, but if you don't have the money for it its just impossible. All of the professional servers spend thousends of dollars upkeeping and giving people salaries.
Please understand something. If you dont have the money than it won't work out. It's that simple. You need hundereds of dollars just to start doing this, and I bet all that I own, that none of you have that kind of money. You start a server, and youre just being blind.
ronsiv8
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner