Former Manager looking for some work!

MiniBawb's Avatar MiniBawb7/30/16 12:30 am
1 emeralds 285 9
8/5/2016 4:44 pm
lucaslovesAMber's Avatar lucaslovesAMber
Hello everyone! My name is Joe, AKA MiniBawb In game. I was a former manager for a server that I have resigned from and I am looking for some work on a semi popular server. Dosen't have to be huge, just a reasonable size. Now unlike most people. I am not just asking for someone to give me instant manager. No way, I am looking to become maybe a Moderator, or Admin maybe, but that will all be decided if I am hired! Now, just a little "Application" sort of thing!

IGN - MiniBawb

Previous IGN (If changed in name changes) - Bigbailey02

Say YES if you understand that asking a staff member about your application means an instant rejection of your application -​ YES

Age - I am 13 years old!

Timezone - EST/EDT

Do you use the teamspeak and a microphone? - I use teamspeak, discord, skype, email, even text.
Discord- Joemackdan
Skype-Bigbailey02
Email: Joemackdan2@gmail.com
Cell phone number: Will give if needed.

Link to gaming twitter account (if you have one) -​ I do not currently have one but if I am required to make one, I will be more then happy to do so!

What time are you most often on? (your time) -​ I am on mostly from noon (EDT) to about seven at night (EDT) and maybe sometime after that I will get on for a little bit.

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)? -​ Yes I am. I speak fluent English and I can read and speak most common Spanish.

When did you first play Minecraft, how often do you play? -​ I first started to play Minecraft when the 1.5.2 Update came out. I honestly do not remember how long ago that was but it is when I started playing. As for how often do I play? I play a decent amount. I play anywhere from 3-11 hours a day.

Have you ever been banned or temp banned on any server? -​ Actually yes I have. Now I know thats not what you want to hear, but its the truth. I was banned on my friends server because I was helping develop and configure it and I did something he didnt like. Now, after he told me he didnt want that change made, I went back and reversed it. Even after that had been done, he had kicked me off the staff team and banned me from his server.

What is your previous experience in any type of moderation? -​ Yes I do. I have been staff on a few servers. One of which being a well know network that has over 1000 players on a day to day basis, from my staff positions I have learnt many commands and the thought process of dealing with certain issues. I am fully aware on how the chat system works with /warn /mute ect, along with the ban system, Now I know what you may be thinking, He has left them why won't he leave us? The difference being I rushed into staff on there not thinking about the fact that do I really enjoy the server. Another thing you may be thinking, is "How do we know you worked for a server that big?" Well, the short answer to that, is you don't. You honestly don't know if I'm lying when I say that. But if you trust me, I can assure you that I am not.

How many hours can you contribute per day? -​ On a typical day, I can contribute 3-11 hours a day. On weekends or days that I may have baseball, that number may be shortened down to about 1-4 hours a day. Although with baseball being put on hold due to a broken wrist, I can play alot as of right now!

What advice would you give someone who had to deal with people younger than they? - Follow your dreams. Be nice to people as one day, it will come back around and pat you on the back aswell as benefit you. Don't be toxic, as with being nice, it will come back and haunt you if you are. Another thing, telling the truth goes a long way. As my dad always told me "If you tell the truth, you don't get in trouble. If you lie, you do get in trouble." Meaning that if you tell the truth, you have a lot less of a chance of getting in trouble then if you were to lie.

SCENARIO : "You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on Minecraft. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - Yes quite frankly I have. I used to do it all the time until I realized that its not going to get me through life if I kept doing that. So I changed for the better, whenever I get home from school, until I have finished all of my homework, I have my dad hold all of my electronics for me so I cannot be distracted by them and temped to use them in a way that will harm my homework time.

Do you have any experience with depression? How have you dealt with this? -​ Again, quite frankly. Yes I have. Its not an easy thing for me to talk about but to help someone else, gladly. When I was in my state of depression, it was really hard for me, I used to self harm. I used to cry for hours on end. But you know what I found out? That its not worth it. No matter what your crying over, or what your doing self harm over. It is absolutely not worth it. You are better then that. No matter who you are. You are alot better then that. You can make it through this life. Now for a little bit of a story time. When I was 10, 3 years ago. I used to self harm and cry for hours on end because I honestly thought that I wasn't wanted in this world and because I thought no one liked me. Well, I thought that for 2 years. Until I finally realized, hey, you know what? Ive got people that care about me. Ive got people who care about my well being, and people that do like me. So what I have as advice to you if your dealing with depression is this, stick with the people that make you smile. Stick with the people who help you. DO NOT EVER LEAVE THEM AS ANGELS LIKE THAT FROM GOD DONT FALL FROM HEAVEN VERY OFTEN. But one final piece;
Depression is a serious condition. Don’t underestimate the seriousness of depression. Depression drains a person’s energy, optimism, and motivation. Your depressed loved one can’t just “snap out of it” by sheer force of will.
The symptoms of depression aren’t personal. Depression makes it difficult for a person to connect on a deep emotional level with anyone, even the people he or she loves most. In addition, depressed people often say hurtful things and lash out in anger. Remember that this is the depression talking, not your loved one, so try not to take it personally.
Hiding the problem won’t make it go away. Don’t be an enabler. It doesn’t help anyone involved if you are making excuses, covering up the problem, or lying for a friend or family member who is depressed. In fact, this may keep the depressed person from seeking treatment.
You can’t “fix” someone else’s depression. Don’t try to rescue your loved one from depression. It’s not up to you to fix the problem, nor can you. You’re not to blame for your loved one’s depression or responsible for his or her happiness (or lack thereof). Ultimately, recovery is in the hands of the depressed person.

Are you able to record? -​ Yes I am able to record, aswell as I record on a daily basis as I regularly play. Whenever I play Minecraft, I record. This way if I run into a Hacker, I have proof.

Anything else we should know? -​ Not really, other then I thank you for reading my ranting and advice (If you did) and I hope to talk to some of you soon!
MiniBawb
Level 1 : New Miner