|| Gildorym || Dungeons & Dragons Roleplay Server :: Whitelist :: Celebrating 6 Years of Roleplay

Kyazi's Avatar Kyazi5/11/18 10:53 am history
7 emeralds 306 4
5/31/2018 3:47 pm
SignisThorne's Avatar SignisThorne
VERSION 1.7.10 || APPLICATION || WHITELIST
IP: gildorymrp.game.nfoservers.com

Gildorym is a simplified Dungeons & Dragons roleplay server. Having been around for almost 6 years we strive for quality roleplay, events, contests, and storyline. Our DungeonMasters work hard to bring these quality events to our players. Our In-Game Moderators strive for great in-game service by helping new and old players alike. The forums are maintained by our Forum Mods who are the first person you will see when you apply for Gildorym.

Roleplay to us is about enjoying the character you play on and giving anyone you interact with a quality interaction. Players that roleplay on Gildorym get into character and enjoy the journey one can make in character development. Our current system is based on a simplified Dungeons & Dragons campaign that runs 24/7. We currently use 3.5 edition but we call it 3.5g (3.5 Gildorym) cause it is modified to work for our servers needs. So any new player can take part in the fun and not feel overwhelmed and players knowledgeable in Dungeons & Dragons can still feel some similarity within the simplified/modified rules.

11 Classes || 15 Professions || 11 Races

Wish to know more about the available classes, races, and professions?
If so follow these links below:

Classes || Professions || Races

Want to see other guides we have:
Information Directory

What players can expect when joining::
In-depth Roleplay
Friendly Community
World Exploration
Fast Travel (Horses & Carts)
Events spread out through Roleplay
Informative Staff
Official Detailed Guides on Forums
Steady Leveling System
Opportunities to rise in-character
Unique Plugins to better experience
... come see what you find.

Discovering Rhoaven

Era Two History

The ancient lands of Rhoaven are comprised primarily of the great peninsula jutting out from the northern coast of Anchorome; a land largely concealed from the gaze of civilization for millennia. Though the coastline of Anchorome, like all of Toril, has long been mapped in its entirety due to the efforts of Torilian sages and spelljammers alike, Anchorome has remained almost entirely unexplored since the death of the famed explorer Balduran and the disastrous expedition launched centuries later by the Flaming Fists. Even then, however, the peninsula now known as Rhoaven has remained a mystery due to a magical phenomena dubbed the "Undesirable Curse" by the unimaginative scholar who first documented the spell.

The enchantment is relatively simple in its purpose and function, but is possessed of a power and strength beyond that of even the greatest mortal spellcasters. Simply put, the Curse ensures that the closer one comes to the shores of Rhoaven the less one actually desires to reach it. As a result, nothing whatsoever is today known of the peninsula save for some scant details of its coastline. Indeed, the entire landmass has largely been written off as a dead end by explorers.

Until now.

The onset of the magical cataclysm now known as the Spellplague brought about many changes to the partially reformed Abeir-Toril, one of which was the collapse of a portion of the protective wards encircling Rhoaven. It took little time for news of such a significant change to sweep across the Trackless Sea to inspire a new era of exploration. Within a scant few years an expedition to the unexplored peninsula was announced to the world by the adventurous and honorable Duke Keldroun Obarskyr; a distant cousin of King Azoun V Obarskyr of the Kingdom of Cormyr, and a well-respected Purple Dragon knight. Financed by the kindly Arnauld of Wheloon, an obscenely wealthy Waukeenar merchant lord, the expedition is to be the first of its kind for the Forest Country. While past members of the noble house of Obarskyr have been known to be hale and hardy adventurers no prince of the blood has ever announced an adventure of such a magnitude as this..

As the Year of the Shalarins Surfacing begins, the first fleet of ships having departed months before to establish a beachhead upon the far-away shores, Duke Keldroun sails forth with the remainder of his men to begin their glorious conquest. Only one stop is to be made, with the Blue Dragon fleet pausing at within the Black-Sailed Port of Westerwind in the northern Korrins for supplies and manpower in the form of prospective adventurers, merchants, nobles, and more alike. Though the history of Rhoaven is yet unknown, a new chapter of its story shall soon be written by the brave men and women looking for a new life within the exotic land.

Soon propelled by the massive wave of energy generated by the cleansing of the Gildorym Isles, the Duke’s fleet sailed north at a furious pace. The refugees aboard the Cormyrian flagship barely survived the flight from their former homeland, the great ship barely making it out of port without damage, but soon they were free of the Isles and seemingly without additional consequences. A month of travel followed their escape, and eventually land was in sight. Landing in a small harbor on the northern edge of the peninsula, the Duke and the refugees find the camp that supposedly awaited them was in ruins; its only inhabitant a confused and maddened old man. Slowly the surviving Gildorites piece together that much more time had passed than it seemed. Shortly thereafter the sound of firing cannons echoes inland from the sea, and with it even more refugees - though greatly changed. Soon thereafter the survivors realize that it roughly eleven years had passed since the cleansing of the Gildorym Isles. Although still struggling to comprehend what had happened, the new inhabitants of Rhoaven turn their attention to a far more urgent matter- survival in a new uncharted land.

Lands of Rhoaven
Our map is large because we intend to grow with it. We have towns spread out throughout the world.
Below is a detailed map of our locations. Maybe you can claim one of the abandoned cities for yourself?

Kyazi
Level 44 : Master Botanist