Giving away free server to good team

kazuiman's Avatar kazuiman5/31/15 12:44 am
6/6/2015 7:45 am
AssaultLine's Avatar AssaultLine
Everyone,

I am the technology director for a large premium hosting company that runs hundreds of servers doing heavy interactive video, audio and data streaming.

I am giving away an Windows or Linux VM on our super computing private cloud and basically handing the keys over so you can setup a pimping minecraft server.

Capacity will be 15,000 players with an initial configuration of 40 cpu cores ( dual intel xeon E5-2690v2 processors ) and 32 GB of memory in addition to 10 Gbps up and down public internet connection from a Tier IV data center.

Let me know if you're interested and why I should choose you for this project. The reason why we are doing this is to get a lot of players on a server to demonstrate the incredible computer power and low latency of our servers and network. So I am looking for someone that will shoot for the stars.

Additionally you may move your existing server if it has a lot of players over.
kazuiman
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/06/2015 7:45 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Warrior
AssaultLine
kazuimanEveryone,

I am the technology director for a large premium hosting company that runs hundreds of servers doing heavy interactive video, audio and data streaming.

I am giving away an Windows or Linux VM on our super computing private cloud and basically handing the keys over so you can setup a pimping minecraft server.

Capacity will be 15,000 players with an initial configuration of 40 cpu cores ( dual intel xeon E5-2690v2 processors ) and 32 GB of memory in addition to 10 Gbps up and down public internet connection from a Tier IV data center.

Let me know if you're interested and why I should choose you for this project. The reason why we are doing this is to get a lot of players on a server to demonstrate the incredible computer power and low latency of our servers and network. So I am looking for someone that will shoot for the stars.

Additionally you may move your existing server if it has a lot of players over.

EXTREMELY interested in this project. I am currently making a large scale Minecraft MMORPG that I plan to have a few thousand players on at a time. This is the kind of server that I would need to hold the capacity of players I aim for. I have a decent website already made for the server and the server itself is about 50-60% finished.
I have very little experience with running/operating a linux server, but I will learn anything if it will help progress my server further along its path to completion.

I have a good amount of progress on the server itself that I can show to you and I can also answer any questions about it. If you are interested in allowing me into this project pm me for more information and I will respond as soon as I get the message.
06/06/2015 7:28 am
Level 33 : Artisan Pig
godlikewars
Kazuiman read the pm, I put mine in pm.
06/06/2015 7:05 am
Level 45 : Master Mountaineer
CaptainJaneke
Hey,

My name is Jan and I represent Project Eon.

First of all it is important to note that I am not myself experienced with servers, however our devs are very much so.

We, the staff of Project Eon, would happily partake in your project. We’re a highly professional build-team that consists of 7 members, devs included. I know that doesn’t sound like much but we strive to create one of the most immersive Minecraft RPG’s out today. To summarize our project shortly: A massive amount of quests in a multi-race environment in which the player not only decides everything he does, but one in which a player can get lost in for hours. Also, our goal is to create a world in which, just like in the real world, there is an evolution of architecture, so that it becomes clear that the cities we will be making didn’t just sprout from the ground, but where built, ravaged and rebuilt through centuries and generations.

Our staff, as mentioned before, consists out of 7 players, however we are looking to recruit 7-8 more. Every single one of us has had his/her fill of small and large scale projects, projects through which we have gathered a numerous amount of experience in both architectural interior and exterior design, forum, server and project management, advertisement, general people skills, etc. and, excluding myself for now since I can hardly speak out about that, we are a very friendly and fun community already. Building can be a bother sometimes, but since we get along so well, this is not an issue. We as a build-team guarantee fast, professional and qualitatively great results. Hence our motto: quality over quantity, and, because of the fact that the quantity will be enormous, that should say something.

There are several reasons why we think we would be the right pick for your project. First of all, we’ve recently had a stroke of bad luck, we lost our server and not one of us has the kind of money to order a server that is both strong enough and can be kept up until the project is finished. Secondly, once our project is finished, because we’re all very experienced with such, we can get a large playerbase is a short period of time, be it through advertisement, social networking or mouth-to-mouth communication. And finally, we strive to create one of the closest, most involved and wide communities in the Minecraft server “industry”.

If you are interested in hearing more and in seeing some of our references as individuals and as build-team, by all means do not hesitate to contact us on Skype: runecolton15 (American time-zone) or Janeke200 (European time-zone).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
The staff of Project Eon
06/02/2015 12:08 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
princejaiden
add me on skype and you can see my application. My skype is xxshadowblazexx ( it will say [Youtuber] Shadow AKA Prince
06/02/2015 2:43 am
Level 1 : New Miner
2Cool4Skhool
I sent you a pm.
06/01/2015 10:13 pm
kazuiman
I like that Web site you setup for The Codus Network - Are you used to only running servers through some sort of host panel / platform interface of sorts?
06/01/2015 3:04 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Vigri
Hi, my name is also Liam and I own a network called The Codus. Sadly, we're having troubling funding for our server and would love it if you could help us by letting us host the server on your own. I was experienced with WinSCP but sadly I became inactive with it. Although I can learn it again.

I do have a few questions, are we allowed to use it for our own network or is it for your network exactly?
06/01/2015 10:11 pm
kazuiman
So you're familiar with WinSCP meaning you're used to an FTP connection to your server? I would expect you to be comfortable to from an Ubuntu 14.04 or Windows Server 2012 R2 ( Similar to Windows 8.1 ) machine to download and setup Java, install the server files, configure options plugins etc. and build a community / extend your current one.

I'm looking for 2 thousand or more simultaneous players at any given moment with a max for now of 15,000. I have the hardware just need someone to use it.

For the network you can only use it for Minecraft, no torrenting, no nothing of that sort. The network sits at one of the highest levels of the public internet. In order it would go Global --> Regional --> ISP and this is at the global level.

-M
06/02/2015 1:59 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Vigri
Yeah; we used to. I have had a 2 months experience although I haven't used it in somewhat a year and a half. We also use a control panel that is like every other for the additional servers. I can probably learn it again if I get accepted.
06/01/2015 2:07 pm
kazuiman
Bump
05/31/2015 2:34 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Amazon
I'd love to see how this turns out, Message me the IP please if it works out. Also I just did an application for the position of a builder/moderator but then quickly discovered that you aren't looking for one. Don't get me wrong I knew you weren't looking for staff but I just decided it would be best to post it elsewhere.
Message me if you are looking for a builder/moderator and I'll happily fill in an application.
05/31/2015 2:24 pm
kazuiman
One thing to remember is that you will have to manage the Ubuntu/Windows server and be comfortable with the Remote Desktop / Putty

Also will need to let me know what software you will run on it if anything other than the minecraft server itself for approval just to be safe.
05/31/2015 2:52 pm
MrHankered
I have past experience with SSH, and I know how to use most flavors of Ubuntu. I have a good idea, and I can create it (I can code custom plugins), all I need is a good server, and your rack seems good enough to handle my needs and a bit more.

Add me on skype if you want to ask me more, or accept my app.

chris.knah
05/31/2015 2:58 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
ZakaiPlayz
Hey,
My name is Liam,I have been poking around the planetminecraft forums for a while trying to find somthing like this and have been looking for server hosting companys to 'sponser' me.Athough this has been quite a difficult task.

I will begin by explaining how I would use this server.To begin with there would be 3-4 gamemodes Survival,Factions,RPG,Purge(Possibly(Custom gamemode))Survival and Factions would not just be your run of the mil server they would have custom fetures.I would expand when possible probably having simple minigames aswell

I currently have a Team that would be willing to help me out  and are very capable to start off but I would also get some new faces involved to bring new ideas to the server.

My Experince with servers: I have owned servers in the past but never got them out of a development stage because of server quality and what I could aford at the time having a high quality server coasts alot.

How could you benifit from this: Broadcasts with links and things advertising your hosting company(We can talk it over)

It would be easist for you to contact me so I can go into more detail.

Email: Zakainz@gmail.com

I also PM'ed this to you
05/31/2015 1:51 am
Level 1 : New Miner
minecraftgod123
Hello my name is Jonas,
I am a minecraft player with alot of experience with bukkit / Spigot Bungeecord ,I already have a team I trust and I can work with.My Gmail is jonas.mr99numbers99@gmail.com :The server I would make would a new gamemode where you play bedwars and other games and if you win you get items for your plot and other cool thing.I cant afford a big server so I think this could be a good chance
05/31/2015 1:47 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
Zypher_
Hello, my name is Nathan Stark. I have been trying to gather a server for a good amount of time, But it always fails due to not having the money.
I have alot of really great idea's for the server as well as my building team that can build the server up. We will only pick the best of staff and release to public when we are satisfied that the server is complete.
My idea's go from custom plugins and gamemodes to hosting events for all players on the server that they can win exclusive items.
I Have already got a name for this server and with your help you can make this become a reality. One server players can play on and never get bored, a server that is so unique that players just stay for the love and the thrill of the server.
Thankyou for reading.
Add me on skype: nstark972
id love to talk to you some more about my idea's.
05/31/2015 1:30 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
AMJ20
I would defiantly be interested and i could give you guys shoutouts on my youtube and get everyone to use ur affiliate links to please choose me my email is

amjminecraft9@gmail.com

youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN5dkc ... DwhQQF966Q

please pick me
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome