HFO - RPG/PvP, Custom World, Races, Classes, Jobs, Factions

Morgoth_The_Dark's Avatar Morgoth_The_Dark12/28/13 2:53 am
1/2/2014 8:00 pm
Morgoth_The_Dark's Avatar Morgoth_The_Dark

172.245.14.235:25570

HammerFallOnline is a server concept that has been in the works for quite awhile. While other RPG/PvP servers exist, HammerFallOnline aims to bring something new..... something..... something with depth and grab. A world of immense immersion, a server that caters to both harcore PvPers (such as myself) and to those that enjoy the subtle pleasures of Roleplay.

How did we go about this? Well.... You'll see....

Races are one of the prolific features of HammerFallOnline. Each race has a unique playstyle. By selecting a race, a player is imbued with a set of advantages, as well as disadvantages. For example, the Goblins of the Old World do increased damage with swords, the trade off to this is that they are very physically feeble.

From the aquatic Lizardman that is the ruler of the jungles and oceans of the Old World, to the malevolent beings of the Warp known as Daemons. HammerFallOnline offers the player the ability to select a unique identity for their character as well as become equipped with a unique set of powers that add to PvP strategy as well as Roleplay.

Our world (specifically the Old World) is 12,000 by 12,000 squared. Fully custom, created by yours truly in WorldPainter. The terrain is populated with custom BO2 items, as well as offering some unique in game locations.

Heres some screenies!
Click to reveal

PvP on HFO is very different from that of other servers. Our Races and Classes bestow certain advantages and disadvantages upon their takers. We also use mcMMO, which has been configured to give very minimal experience. Backstabbing, headshots, and concussions all work on our server. So aim your strikes!

On our server, players will find that explosions give concussions, being on fire is blinding, a zombie may spawn another zombie on death, pigmen are always aggressive, cave ins are frequent, spiders spawn webs on death, and a host of other nasty things.

So why did I just read all of that, and why is this in the recruitment area....?]

Well, see you just read that because...... we are recruiting! That's right! We could use your help!

Currently the server is hosted locally so I can dev it, this is for future positions. I want to go ahead and have them lined up.

So what all can you apply for?

Wellllllllllllll, heres a nice little list!

Click to reveal
T1Moderator - A T1 Mod is the first step on the Mod ladder. A low powered Moderator.

Guard - Want to RP as an OFFICIAL Guard of the Emperor? Well this is for you!

Architect - Well, as you may well imagine our server is in need of GREAT builders! This could be you!

Faction Heads - Faction Heads server as the first Faction owners on the server. As such, they are aided by the server staff in the form of building supplies. In return, they offer a refuge for any new player who needs it and fits their criteria.

Senator - Under the Emperor lies the Senate. The Senate is composed of 7 representatives at a time. So therefore, there can be seven senators.

More positions will be available as time goes on. You may also notice I didnt include many specific details as to what each may be doing, aside from the obvious (ie Architect and Faction Head). This was on purpose. If you know what the positon is and has a general idea of its practical real life application, and it seems like something youd like to do on our server, please feel free to apply for said position.

There are however some submission guidelines:

Click to reveal
What position you want:

Why you want this position:

How old you are:

Previous experience:

Timezone:

Previous work: (Not needed, but if an Architect wants to link some former builds or something)

Previous RP Experience:

Without sounding too mean, dont bother to apply if you are under the age of 14. Nothing personal, just a generalization of previous encounters with lower aged staff!

My Skype is xrezzyx, feel free to add me if you need me urgently or have further questions!
Morgoth_The_Dark
Level 32 : Artisan Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/02/2014 8:00 pm
Morgoth_The_Dark
Still got plenty of room for some competitive Faction leaders!
01/02/2014 4:20 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Awesome_Spritit
What position you want:Either Guard or faction head

Why you want this position:guard so I can RP and still be staff and help out and faction head because it kinda my thing to lead people its my inner United States marine talking.

How old you are:14

Previous experience:as a guard or like a guard none But I love helping people and putting the bad ones away faction head or similar I've been the leader of several successful faction on other servers.

Timezone: UTC

Previous work: (Not needed, but if an Architect wants to link some former builds or something)

Previous RP Experience: i'm a member of several rp servers that are whitleslisted of you couldn't rp if you took a test.
01/02/2014 5:22 pm
Morgoth_The_Dark
Come on sometime and Ill make get your Faction started up.

Ill supply you with some building supplies
01/02/2014 4:08 pm
Morgoth_The_Dark
We need some more staff!
12/29/2013 4:34 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
Posh
What position you want: I believe I can qualify for the Senator position.

Why you want this position: I would like to recieve this position because I can efficiently assist the so called, Emperor, to rule his city or nation. I can adequately cooperate with a group to collaborate to find the best solution or plan.

How old you are: I am currently 15 years of age.

Previous experience: I have played other important roles on Role Playing servers, such as King's Hand, General, Noble, Baron, High Elf, Tsar, and Paladin. I have been told to have been a very productive leader, and can come up with creative, unique ideas.

Timezone: I live in the Pacific Time Zone.

Previous work: (Not needed, but if an Architect wants to link some former builds or something) Not Applicable.

Previous RP Experience: As stated in my last post, I am really fond of Role Playing servers. It is a great way to be the person you have always wanted to be. You can virtually be anyone you want, and can play an important role in any way. I also take my roleplay seriously, so I make sure to stay in character when times are appropriate.
01/01/2014 5:00 am
Morgoth_The_Dark
Accepted, hop on sometime.

Bawmp.
12/29/2013 4:23 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
Posh
What position you want: I'm going to daringly request Moderator. (Oh yes.)

Why you want this position: Ambitious Owners such as yourself only want the best staff they can personaly expect to have. I, having past experience as a dwelling Owner, know what you strive, so I believe I can provide this to you in only the best form of Moderation and leadership.

How old you are: I am currently 15 years of age. (I am in the zone. ;3)

Previous experience: As previously stated, I have been in an Owner's shoes. I've got 3 years of experience with server setup, permission development, recruitment process, plugin configuration, and more. I can professionally manage anything I've got thrown at me, and I can efficiently enfore rules. Moderating is nothing to me, as I am normally used to executive managment.

Timezone: I live in the Pacific Time Zone.

Previous work: (Not needed, but if an Architect wants to link some former builds or something) Not Applicable.

Previous RP Experience: First off, let me tell you that I love - I mean I freaking love - Role Play servers. I perfectly know Meta and Power-Gaming concepts, and I know the difference between player, and character. In other words, I take my roleplay seriously. Matter of fact, I think I will make another application for Senator or Guard. ;3
12/29/2013 3:53 am
Morgoth_The_Dark
Bumpzo.
12/28/2013 3:30 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Xerophytes
What position you want: Moderator (I'm going for it!)

Why you want this position: I want this position to help assist the server in its development process and to be apart of the development process, interact with players on an official basis, rather than on an RP basis, communicate and discuss with other staff members on how the server should managed and operated. I also want to further my moderating experience by being apart of your server.

How old you are: 17.

Previous experience: I have a lot of experience in moderating servers and websites. In doing so, I have collected and fostered the skills needed to be sucessful in all future moderation roles. These skills include

- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to coherently respond to your requests and commands given by superiors.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Great customer service skills.
- A significant amount of Minecraft server managment and 'back-end' knowledge.
- An appreciation for Minecraft and all who play it.
- A high respect for superiors and fellow Minecrafters.
- Management and human resources skills, such as taking staff records and rolling back any griefing.
- A significant amount of knowledge on basic plugins such as Towny, Factions, Essentials, WorldGuard and WorldEdit as well as Heroes.
- Ability to take constructive and even negative feedback about my work.
- Ability to GIVE constructive feedback.

I started my moderating career in early 2012 as a Junior Moderator for DeltaFactions, I slowly progressed to the rank of Admin, and then the server died due to a lack of donators. I moved on to ApocalpyseGaming as a moderator showing my professionalism and aptitude for learning and my previous moderating experience, I moved up to the rank of Admin after 4 months of being a moderator. Unfourtunely, in my two months of being Admin. The server was hacked and the owner was reluctant to start again. Then, in early 2013. I started my own FTB server using HostLegend for a bunch of mates and I to play on, I couldn't pay for it so I closed it after one month, but it gave me very valuable back-end knowledge on how servers worked. I took a hiatus for over 11 months just being a normal player, and now I want to be a moderator again.

Timezone: GMT+10(Australia)

Previous work: (Not needed, but if an Architect wants to link some former builds or something) N/A

Previous RP Experience: Roleplay servers are quite new to me, actually. But I understand the basic and some of the advanced terminolgy and technology that they use to make sure that they're servers are running. I was able to write lore for some servers thanks to my experience at being a World of Warcraft Roleplayer, a big one too.
12/28/2013 11:51 am
Morgoth_The_Dark
Spoken to on Skype ;D

Booooomp.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome