How to get People on my Server?

bodiedoo's Avatar bodiedoo7/26/12 2:49 am
1 emeralds 104 7
8/4/2012 2:31 pm
bodiedoo's Avatar bodiedoo
I have looked around and read every article I can find. I can't seem to get people on my server. My server is IMHO a nice balance between complex and simple. I have a nice mods. I try to help people and am very nice. I just dont get it people will play for about an hour build, etc and just wont come back. Not to mention that can't get people to join. Any advice would be great. I currently use essentials,world guard/edit anticheat, hawkeye. Also Should I disable creepers? people die and leave.
bodiedoo
Level 20 : Expert Robot

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/04/2012 2:31 pm
bodiedoo
Thanks for the info. Ya I try to keep the spawn simple. You walk right into a giant warp area with a warp for the wild. Right now I am doing home host but my internet is ok for now. I am saving up for a colocation rack with a 100mbs link to the la internet backbone. Now I was on of the very first people for the 1.3.1 update so my server was full for about an hour =). So how can I keep people on?
08/04/2012 6:01 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Blacksmith
BouncingBall
Yeah, its mostly about advertisement. Do you rent your server from a hosting company or do you home-host?
08/04/2012 5:53 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
BOSSSEA
HEY DUDE JUST POST UR SERVER ON A BUNCH OF SITES

IF YOU REALLY WANT PEOPLE TO SEE MAKE A VIDEO AND IN THE TAGS PUT A BUNCH OF TAGS OF CAPTAINSPARKLES NEW VIDEOS INSTANT PEOPLE IF U Have a good server ALSO PUT UR RECRUTING STAFF

HOPE I WAS HELPFUL
08/04/2012 5:50 am
Level 29 : Expert Fisherman
BattlingApollo
Well, here's some tips:

1. Make sure your spawn is simple, not to much information because nobody reads ALL OF IT

2. Make it obvious where the wilderness is. They don't want to read everyone, they want to immediently start playing.

3. When they join, make sure you welcome them by name, also offer a tour of spawn (If they want one)

4. Advertise on:

YouTube
PMC
Minecraft Forums
Reddit
ect.

Hope this helps!
08/04/2012 5:48 am
Level 29 : Expert Fisherman
BattlingApollo
Yeah, I have this EXACT problem.
08/04/2012 4:28 am
bodiedoo
Thanks for the reply. I wish more people would respond. I need some pitch ideas. For example how other people get used to join/stay and maybe how long it took them
08/03/2012 8:43 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
canadianwolfpack
I will join your sever
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome