I need someone that knows permissions for my server

G0lden's Avatar G0lden12/30/17 9:17 am
1 emeralds 219 4
12/31/2017 9:03 am
G0lden's Avatar G0lden
So i own a minecraft server that usually has at least 2 players online. But I'm not really good at permissions. So can anyone help me with permissions to create ranks? Btw my server version is 1.12.1. Please write to my discord or skype if you can help. My skype name is: meh3mehd3
And discord name is: GoldenGuyMC#9727
G0lden
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/30/2017 11:15 amhistory
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
So what permission plugin do you use? That seems like some crucial information to me ;)

Still, I might have a solution for you: LuckPerms. It's a Spigot permission plugin which has a very specific feature: it allows you to use their website to set up your permissions, and when you've done that you can then enter a control string on your server after which it will download & apply the permissions you've setup.

So basically you don't have to bother yourself too much with difficult commands or a specific YML structure, but instead can use a web interface. Maybe food for thought?
12/30/2017 2:30 pm
G0lden
I dont really wanna switch to any other permsision plugin. Cause i think permissionsex is better. And i usw these plugins:
SimpleGamemode, coloredsigns, flyspeed, clearlag, setspawn, silkspawnersm multiverse, multiverse portals, ProtocolLib, NoCheatPlus, iDisguise, iDisguiseGUI, VoxelSniper, SimpleMedics, TrollCommandsPlusPlus, PermissionsEx, Emojii, vault, griefPreventation, jobs, holographicDisplays, Citizens, ColoredTags, SimplePrefix, CustomShop, TimeIsMoney, CommandNPC, EssentialsSpawn, CratesPlus, TouchscreenHolograms, dtltraders, essentialswarpGUI
My server version is 1.12.1
And it is a survival server. I need permissions because i have to create ranks
12/30/2017 6:58 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Gotcha. Well, I personally agree with you regarding PermissionsEx, it's also my favorite (and the one I use myself) but still wanted to mention other options as well.

Ok, so the trick is to create groups, assign them with ranks and then you can promote and/or demote. It's really much easier than you may think. Since you already have pex installed I assume you also already have a default group, and optionally added some players.

So example, let's say you want to set up a mod group and an admin group... The default group should already be a thing, so:
  • /pex group mods create

• /pex group admins create
Obvious enough, right? 2 new groups, nothing special about it.
  • /pex group default set rank 500
  • /pex group mods set rank 100
  • /pex group admins set rank 10
Assuming that you're an admin (within group admin) this would allow you to promote a player from the default group (rank 500) to the mods group (rank 100) by using the /pex promote <playername> command. There's a caveat: you cannot promote players into your own group nor can you demote players from your own group. Of course if your'e an admin you should still be able to assign a player to a specific group (/pex user ShelLuser group set default, for example).

But setting up ranks is basically nothing more but to assign 'values' to your groups (ranks) and then raising or lowering the rank of a player through the /pex promote and /pex demote commands.

Hope this can give you some ideas.
12/31/2017 9:03 am
G0lden
Thank you so much. But my problem is that I have some plugins and some of their permissions don't work. Like I have plugin called "CustomShop" and i want people to use the /shop command. But even when I add its permissions, it still doesnt work. And thats not the only one. So, I need someone to join my server or at least talk to me in discord or in skype. That would be pretty great. Thank you for your help tho. I really appreciate it. So please contact me there or in my server
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome