Is Minecraft Dying?

h6ppy's Avatar h6ppy5/1/19 6:48 am history
5/3/2019 8:44 am
isprost's Avatar isprost
What do you think of this? Popular channels have disappeared, Minecraft's disappeared from the top page of YouTube and big servers are shutting down.

But, on the other hand, Hypixel is thriving and YouTubers like Skeppy are growing an audience. It seems that the player base is dwindling, but videos and the audience for the game are still alive. Let me know what you think.

my server

play.pyancraft.com
trying to build a community, come join!

our discord discord.gg/nJbtNFJ
h6ppy
Level 16 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/02/2019 9:09 amhistory
Level 28 : Expert Artist
SortaSnowy
I highly doubt it's dying, and personally, I don't see it "dying" anytime soon. In all honesty, in recent months I've seen it kind of come into a sort renaissance era where there's much more hype around it than there was about 3-4 years ago when most people were calling it "cringy". If you want a supporting article, here's a pretty good one. Though, I can't really say the same of PMC, in terms of total userbase to active users, I definitely thinks it's on the decline.

nd gl with your server ;)
05/02/2019 10:52 amhistory
Level 1 : New Miner
isprost
what does PMC stand for?does it stand for planet minecraft comunity?
05/02/2019 7:19 pm
Level 28 : Expert Artist
SortaSnowy
PMC is just Planet Minecraft :)
05/03/2019 8:44 am
isprost
thanks
05/02/2019 4:18 am
Lxve
Minecraft isn't dying.. And of course Hypixel will never die as a server.
05/02/2019 2:08 am
Level 72 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Nighthearted
Nice advertisement...
05/01/2019 12:23 pm
Level 22 : Expert Explorer
ShastaGaming16
The reason why famous Minecraft Youtubers disappeared is because they overdid themselves until they got tired of the game.
05/01/2019 9:08 am
Level 30 : Artisan Botanist
wildercraft
My server is growing, and I see more players interested in the new updates than in previous years.

Mojang and Minecraft have a long future ahead I believe. Team Mojang is hard at work on a long-term strategy so Minecraft can remain relevant, up-to-date and interesting with lots of new content, support and bugfixes every 8-14 months, at least. This long-term strategy will keep them relevant for years to come.

I just hope they can remain accessible and easy to pick-up. Minecraft's strength is in its simplicity to start but depth to continue. As long as they can maintain this balance we are in for a long and fun ride!
05/01/2019 8:35 am
Level 75 : Legendary Sus
Nitgo
PMC has incredibly high amount of people on the site right know yet somehow the site is silent.

Now while I am typing this massage the site has an estimated 7000 people online.
05/01/2019 8:10 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
This thread again. No.

The 'nucleus' is changing position, but there are plenty of people on a nostalgia run and all over servers at the very least, never mind singleplayer folks and, as you stated, other content production.

As always there is a market oversaturation of servers, people are somewhat moving on as this being the main trend (and yet, not being at the very peak is hardly death in any sense of the term), and minecraft is now distributed over more platforms than simply Java edition.

Nice ad you baked in there. I've seen that form of advertising pop up more, and I have to say, it's clever, if not a little obvious.
05/02/2019 1:56 am
h6ppy
yeah about the ad, giving it my best shot haha you gotta do what you gotta do.
05/01/2019 7:44 am
Level 80 : Elite Artist
Schmueles
Someone leaves, another one takes their place.
05/01/2019 7:36 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
ZonkedCompanion
I think PMC itself is dying.

I haven't been on this site for years, popped back today and I'm amazed how incredibly quiet it is!

For example there are servers I can see on the first page of the server list which were bumped 6 hours ago- that used to be unheard of. I remember bumping servers on here years ago and you were lucky to appear on the first page for barely a couple of minutes!

The forums also seem extremely quiet on here compared to how I remember them. I must admit I don't like this new forum page layout the navigation seems a bit clunky and the pages seem so cluttered.

What happened PMC?!
05/01/2019 7:40 amhistory
h6ppy
I agree! It's also looking quite old, but I reckon the fact that other server lists that have provided better results and are more popular have caused this.
05/01/2019 9:12 am
Level 30 : Artisan Botanist
wildercraft
What other lists do you like? Just curious, thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome