LOA Roleplay Recruitment

LOARP_Owner's Avatar LOARP_Owner9/30/14 4:36 pm
10/4/2014 2:20 pm
LOARP_Owner's Avatar LOARP_Owner

Click to reveal
Canvas for ideas and organization for Dev team.
Use the link for real-time updated canvas!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tZKsWMz4_fQW9Xy-ezllqEh7m4zIds2xpNXuO11A42o/pub
LOA ROLEPLAY
Legends of Arithizole
If you edit this please use java comments syntax
EX: //edited by purple
Keep this appropriate please…..

Classes: //originated by Purple

Wizard Special abilities: Increased mana
Archer Special abilities: Increased jump
Warrior Special abilities: Increased health
Priest Special abilities: Faster health regen
Rogue Special abilities: Increased movement

Religion: //originated by Purple

Beism Passive: Hunger degenerates slower
Contolism Passive: Can take more damage
Cult of Skaro Passive: Increased health
Manduism Passive: Deals more damage
Prismatology Passive: Take less fall damage

Ranks: //originated by Purple

Caesar
Emperor
King and/or Queen
Kingsman
Duke
Citizen
Peasant

Rules: //originated by Purple
Tons of rules, can’t list them all. Mostly rules to make sure that strategy and proper roleplay are in place.

Punishments (most broken rules will result in a trial)
Class 1 law: Jail/dungeon time
Class 2 law: Execution
Minor rule: Tempban
Major rule: Permban //I think it's important to distinguish between rp laws and the server's rules -Andrew

Caesar = ruler of capital

Emperor = elected via poll on website; collects national taxes, keeps track of war/treaties. Must be very active and keep all kings and kingdoms in line. Ensures treaties aren’t broken. In charge of a bunch of things. //who should be able to vote for the emperor is it a counsel of kings or all nobelmen?

King/Queen = Collects kingdom taxes (from own kingdom). Designates jobs/responsibility for citizens. Initiates wars/treaties. Is involved in capital council meetings.

kingsman: Kings personal servant. Has extra perms to fulfil tasks.

Duke: No extra permission but is publicly recognised as a higher authoritative power.

Knight: No extra permission but is publicly recognised as a higher authoritative power chosen by kings and could lose rank if king loses power. //added by Andrew

Citizen: Works in kingdom/votes via poll. Tries to help kingdom be successful.

Peasant: King decides whether someone should be a peasant or not.

Idea: //originated by Purple

Basic idea: The capital will act like the UN. In charge of everything. Then there will be a ruling empire of each section of map, any kingdom within that section of the map is ruled by the emperor of the section. That being said the king/queen does have say over their own kingdom. If they break a law imposed by the emperor then the emperor can decide to or not to take action. The king can also impose their own laws on their citizens. If there is a problem between an emperor and another emperor the capital will get involved. Taxes are collected from emperors, and emperors collect taxes from kingdoms (if they choose to). The beginning of the server will consist of a few things. 4 run down kingdoms (they have previously warred and are in ruins), it will also include a beautiful capital. Which is the spawn for all players. These players can either join a kingdom or try to get a permit from the capital to start their own kingdom. Later in the game permits will be directly from emperor of land. The website will be a major part of the server (this is where laws, and government officials will be voted on through a poll. There will also be a forum and that is where a lot of discussion will take place. The server will be a strategy based game. The goal of each kingdom is to become the most powerful and influential kingdom on the server. This will require the teamwork of emperors, kings, and all ranks. The capital will have an army but it will only be used when it is necessary. Death is a tempban, and a system will be worked out for if a government official dies.(3 deaths then a new one is elected?) There are many ideas for this server in my brain at the moment and I’ll write more later but if you have some of your own please write them down:D
Economy: //originated by Purple

Kingdoms can only have 1-2 industries based on biome (I.e. logging in a forest biome, mining in a extreme hills biome). This would require trade and prevent stagnation. Sure taking over a neighboring kingdom would give you control of their wheat industry, but you'll have to pay through the nose to import potatoes from another empire. //Andrew

Farming, construction, and mining will be the most primitive opportunities to earn in game currency. Economy will be based of small numbers most likely cents. E.g: 1 log = $.01.
Other jobs will be Basic electrician (redstone), Messenger, Military (if king decides to pay for soldiers), owning small markets (must buy permit/license if king/emperor decides that), Hunter, Scout, bankers, carpenters, thief, many jobs.

Other currency = tokens ($1 USD = 10 tokens) Used for tokenshop.

Subscription: //originated by Purple
This is a WIP idea. Could be scrapped please leave your comments about it.

Okay so this idea could/couldn’t be a good one. I was thinking to rid the server of griefers as well as help maintain and host it that we charge a $1 a month subscription fee. If you buy 6 months at once then it is only $4. I don’t know if this is something we should do or not. If we do the first 24 hours of on time would be free to let players get a feel of the server.
// I don't think this will work out and you will not see the player base you want if everyone has to pay. A basic character application should deter many greifers -Andrew
Quests: //originated by Purple

I’m thinking we should incorporate some quests into the server? Its not really a quest based server, but it would provide some simple things to do to get better gear and some currency.

If you have any quest ideas please leave them in this format:

Quest name:
Quest objective:
Quest reward:
Expected time to finish quest:
(Thanks from Purp:D)

Other ideas
-Reduced inventory space
Is it possible to fill someone's inventory with items they cannot get rid of or interact with? This would promote interdependence as well as prevent a peasant from carrying enough stone to build a castle //Andrew

-Restricted crafting
Only skilled workers may craft items related to their work. (Blacksmith tools, baker bread, etc.)
Please add things as you see fit! If you have the link to this you are part of the dev team! Congratz! Don’t forget comment syntax next to the lines you add. Thank you!

Positions:
Builder
Positions available: 4
Basic: As a builder you will help build all the beautiful structures needed for the ultimate role play experience! You must possess above average buildings skills and be very dedicated to the server. As a builder you are a very important part of the dev team.

Lore Writer
Positions available: 1
Basic: As a lore writer you will be in charge of building the history behind the server. You will inspire and craft a legendary story and adventure! You must be creative and good at grammar. Unlike myself.

GFX Artist
Basic: As a GFX Artist you will be the label for the server. You will supply all the art that makes people lust to play on our amazing server. You must also be a creative individual!

Modder
Basic: As a modder you will be in charge of putting the mods that we choose in both the client and server side. All you have to do is add them to both directories. You must be capable of adding mods and work efficiently as this is the core of LOA.

Plugin Coder
Basic: As a plugin coder you will work along side me (purplegirly77) in coding custom plugins to enhance the server. You must be capable of coding in java.

Application Format

• Minecraft username:

• Position applying for:

• Skype name:

• Why you deserve it:
LOARP_Owner
Level 1 : New Miner