Looking for a non-pay2win factions server

illuminati128k's Avatar illuminati128k11/28/15 2:26 pm
1 emeralds 3.2k 25
12/19/2015 6:08 pm
nibblick's Avatar nibblick
I'm looking for a decent high quality and new minecraft factions server. (Preferably no older than a couple months.) I would also like if it had no pay2win scheme, as to fully comply with Mojang's EULA. It should also have decent players and staff and etc.

Are there any servers like that? Sorry if this is in the wrong forum category, I don't know where to put this.
illuminati128k
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/19/2015 6:08 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
nibblick
Just started my server, almost no players but it matches what you want, so join here and grow along with the server!

TheLounge.factions.ws
12/19/2015 5:15 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
So basically you want factions server that is run purely on the kind donations of people going for cosmetic stuff?
If you think a server where anything that can be obtained by paying is also obtainable to people that never spend a penny is pay2win, all but the largest servers will have such a system. Why? because otherwise they cannot afford to exist. Hypixel and Mineplex were big enough to begin with that they could afford to have a mostly cosmetic system and rely on otherwise kind donations.
However, most smaller servers simply cannot afford to exist that way, and therefore choose to bend the EULA just a little, to tempt people into purchasing ranks to gain ingame things. things that are all obtainable for non-paying players, it just takes a bit longer, thus being inside the EULA (by a liberal interpretation, of course, but mojang isn't going to take an interest even if they grow large).

Factions especially is a problem here, since it is a dying gamemode. VERY few people are still interested in it, so any server that wants to keep supporting itself will need a relatively high percentage of donations.

My hopes for the gamemode are that the PvP changes in 1.9 will actually benefit most PvP based servers if they choose to use them, since it will no longer be merely about getting the best gear and most Gapples.
12/19/2015 6:07 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
macgarthur
Well said.
12/19/2015 4:55 pm
illuminati128k
macgarthurThanks for the kind words everyone. This clearly isn't the server for you but thank you for taking the time to check it out, I really appreciate it. Best of luck finding the server you are looking for.

Bump

true, it's not the server for anybody who doesn't want a stupid p2w scheme on a server.
12/14/2015 11:08 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
LeJohn3
skafaction.mcph.co

new server

no pay2win!
12/14/2015 10:53 pm
macgarthur
Thanks for the kind words everyone. This clearly isn't the server for you but thank you for taking the time to check it out, I really appreciate it. Best of luck finding the server you are looking for.

Bump
12/14/2015 10:51 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Pirate
Famouskilz
(This Post was removed, by me, Famouskilz)
12/13/2015 8:11 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Jaevyn
Server funded propaganda lol, yup obviously you can't say something nice about anything without being a paid shill right?

Good luck, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
12/13/2015 9:39 pm
illuminati128k
Bad use of a cliche.' The water i'm being led to is poisonous, I think i'll go to the lake without the poisonous water. Your post is server funded propaganda because there is a pay2win scheme, you can defend it all you want or try to hide that it's pay2win.
12/14/2015 3:50 pm
Famouskilz
You think the server is pay2win scheme? hmm lemme see you start out the server with no tools, NO TOOLS, and then you have to manually go out into the wilderness and start brand new and work your way up, and when you finally get good enough, you then can afford ranks. The non-donator ranks don't even offer kits, they just offer easier access.
These are the only non-donator ranks, which are rather hard to get but there is just enough there to motivate you to achieve more.

Able to use the Newbie kit

Acces to the Levels Point Shop
Ctizen

Ability to claim a Plot
Knight

Access to the Horse mount/pet
Warlord

4 slot Player Vault
Exalted

5% Discount at the Item Shop
5% extra money from monsters
6 slot Player Vault

If you really think those are pay2win, then goodluck finding a server.
Even the donator ranks aren't too overpriced for what they offer, they don't even offer any kind of "Unfairness". I have theory looked on the server, checked the forums, and play the server to see and notice anything out of line, the only thing bad about this server is the fact that it can't get a steady player base, but the player base it has now is perfectly friendly and welcoming you with open arms. I totally recommend you to rethink this server as staff are on constantly to monitor chat and even the owner is understandable and takes all suggestions into reason, so if you really wanna think this server is OP? Go ahead and make a complaint on the forums. MacMinecraft is one of those rare good servers, that deserve better than the player base it has.
12/14/2015 9:30 pm
illuminati128k
Lol, chill out there.

Take a closer look at the donation store, you can buy in-game money, more faction power, disguises and all. Looking at the donor ranks (not the ones you listed), they offer quite a suite of advantages. In game money, more sethomes, virtual chests, diamond kits, etc. This is actually pretty average for a pay2win server. I'm looking for servers that comply with the minecraft EULA, this one really isn't one of them.

I've played on quite a few decent servers without any (or minimal) non-cosmetic advantages to donors. The owner actually payed for the server himself, because so many people nowadays think they don't have to pay for their own server. It's not even that expensive to host a small-mid sized server. This is certainly not one of them considering it's like any other server with a donor hierarchy.

I'm wondering if your post is also server-funded propaganda too, lol.
12/13/2015 8:02 pm
illuminati128k
Jaevyn
S_Hacker
macgarthurPlease feel free to check out my server our website is http://www.macminecraft247.enjin.com

All of the Donation Rewards are very balanced and players can also achieve many via in game ranks or by voting and collecting Points. We also have several other ways for all players to gain equal ground. We are also 100% non-profit.

I am the server Owner/Admin/Host and any donations go towards fees and upgrades which are minimal. Fact is I don't need the money, so I have no reason to create a pay2win environment, that alone sets this server apart from the rest.

Please feel free to check us out. Regardless best of luck friend.

No thanks, there's pay2win on your server; regardless how much you want to sugar coat it. Selling in-game currency; giving diamond kits and etc to donors is pay2win.

As a player you do realize there's basically absolutely nothing you can get from the Donation Center that you can't get in game without Donating right? It's absolutely the farthest thing away from pay2win possible. You can even get the Donation Center stuff from voting. Server owner is awesome and is the only owner I've found who doesn't take a penny and actually hosts the thing because he cares about the community. Yeah you can donate for in game currency, but you can also Vote for it, just play the game you get paid every minute you're logged in, arenas pay, player shops and item shops, players get paid killing monsters and players also. Literally anything you can get form the Donation Center you can get in game for free it just takes a little bit longer, that's not pay2win that's funding a server properly and taking care of your players. Pay2win is like when people get god kits from the Donation Center or giving players something they can't get without donating. Hell the best kit you can get in the game is the powertools kit and you can only use it once per week. Yup that's crazy pay2win.

Just saying maybe take a closer look at the servers you're checking out and not just judge a book by its cover, you might be surprised there's more to it than you think.

Server funded propaganda, eh?
12/08/2015 3:46 pm
Famouskilz
TheMineCloud.Org - Offically not an OP faction server. (Has Prison/skyblock in it aswell)
12/05/2015 10:18 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Jaevyn
S_Hacker
macgarthurPlease feel free to check out my server our website is http://www.macminecraft247.enjin.com

All of the Donation Rewards are very balanced and players can also achieve many via in game ranks or by voting and collecting Points. We also have several other ways for all players to gain equal ground. We are also 100% non-profit.

I am the server Owner/Admin/Host and any donations go towards fees and upgrades which are minimal. Fact is I don't need the money, so I have no reason to create a pay2win environment, that alone sets this server apart from the rest.

No thanks, there's pay2win on your server; regardless how much you want to sugar coat it. Selling in-game currency; giving diamond kits and etc to donors is pay2win.

As a player you do realize there's basically absolutely nothing you can get from the Donation Center that you can't get in game without Donating right? It's absolutely the farthest thing away from pay2win possible. You can even get the Donation Center stuff from voting. Server owner is awesome and is the only owner I've found who doesn't take a penny and actually hosts the thing because he cares about the community. Yeah you can donate for in game currency, but you can also Vote for it, just play the game you get paid every minute you're logged in, arenas pay, player shops and item shops, players get paid killing monsters and players also. Literally anything you can get form the Donation Center you can get in game for free it just takes a little bit longer, that's not pay2win that's funding a server properly and taking care of your players. Pay2win is like when people get god kits from the Donation Center or giving players something they can't get without donating. Hell the best kit you can get in the game is the powertools kit and you can only use it once per week. Yup that's crazy pay2win.

Just saying maybe take a closer look at the servers you're checking out and not just judge a book by its cover, you might be surprised there's more to it than you think.
12/05/2015 3:38 pm
illuminati128k
I'll rephrase the question; are there any decent EULA-friendly faction servers?
12/05/2015 3:38 pm
illuminati128k

12/02/2015 2:19 am
macgarthur
Please feel free to check out my server our website is www.macminecraft247.enjin.com

12/01/2015 7:52 pm
illuminati128k
bump
11/28/2015 5:59 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Peridotx_xDorito
oh btw i fixed my server i got to the root of the issue
11/28/2015 5:24 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
NoFood
11/28/2015 4:20 pm
illuminati128k
FamouskilzVexus.JoinMC.EU or 5.200.23.181:26046

that has pay2win ranks though

displacerkittenPlay.saicopvp.com
phoenixservers.gamename.net

These are both also pay2win, and one of them is far too large.
11/28/2015 3:31 pm
Famouskilz
11/28/2015 3:24 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
displacerkitten
Play.saicopvp.com
phoenixservers.gamename.net
11/28/2015 3:18 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Peridotx_xDorito
try thenormalserver.serveminecraft.net
11/28/2015 2:51 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
I'm sure servers like this exist, but they're quite rare. I don;t know the names of any existing ones, but I'll let you know if I find any.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome