Looking For Staff - Builders, Helpers, Moderators

Mediocre_Jake's Avatar Mediocre_Jake8/20/14 6:56 pm
8/21/2014 6:48 pm
Mediocre_Jake's Avatar Mediocre_Jake
Hello,

I am here today to look for some people to help with a new Minecraft server I want to setup. I have run Minecraft servers myself for over 2 years now and they have always been a one man show. I run, moderate, build, test plugins etc without any outside help. I have been running a Pixelmon server for a year now, but I have had so many issues with that mod, that I no longer want to run a modded server.

So I am here to try something a little different from what I have been doing, a server that is developed, run and built by several people.
I have a very basic idea on the type of server I want to run. It would be a factions server, with several factions/races, all with their own types of skills. Apart from that, I am very open to ideas from collaborators. I just want a fun RPG style server.

I know how to setup plugins and permissions and run a server well, that is not something I have an issue with, I am not new to this. So I am here to look for people who want to help. I need;

• Builders to build spawn, and each faction's spawn areas and develop the world as they see fit
  • Moderators to help manage the server when it is up and running and aid players who have issues
  • Not necessary, but plugin developers are always nice to have to code custom plugins for this server
  • Helpers who don't have an interest in building, but still want to contribute to this server in some way

The server is still in the planning stage, so as of right now, it is not hosted anywhere. However, I already have a server that I host my Pixelmon server on (which will be closing down very soon) and that is where the server will be hosted.

I want to get a few people together and then get you all in a group chat on Skype so we can discuss the server properly.

If you're interested, feel free to reply to me via this post by using this application template. If you don't want to respond publically, you can message me via PMC;

Age -
Skype (Not necessary, but useful. You can PM me to keep this private if you like) -
Past experience -
What are the qualities you have that make you right for this position?
Hours that you are available -
Moderator, Builder or Helper (Or something else you have in mind?) -
Mediocre_Jake
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/21/2014 6:48 pm
Mediocre_Jake
I do feel the need to point out that I'm not exactly looking for Admins. I am mostly looking for builders and moderators. Maybe some people to help configure all the plugins I need to use and maybe moderate the forums for the server would be nice too.
08/21/2014 4:11 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Vince136
Age - 13
Skype (Not necessary, but useful. You can PM me to keep this private if you like) - Vincenzo.urso8
Past experience - I have had a lot of experience as staff on servers especially Admin, i have gone from Moderator to senior Admin because they believe i was worth the rank.
What are the qualities you have that make you right for this position? I am able to control a large amount of people in a server also i can also build help with the factions spawns if you want.
Hours that you are available - 2-4 a day mabye more
Moderator, Builder or Helper (Or something else you have in mind?) - Admin/Head-Admin.
08/21/2014 2:12 pm
Mediocre_Jake
I've added the people I decided to consider to Skype. I am still looking for builders though.
08/21/2014 6:04 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
thomastigergrounds
Age - 14
Skype (Not necessary, but useful. You can PM me to keep this private if you like) - I have Skype but no mic I will pm you it
Past experience - I have been an admin on a popular server named ausmc and it was great!
What are the qualities you have that make you right for this position? I am a determined/ humorous guy that will get things done. I will keep the chat clean of spam and advertisers as well! I can also build towns quite well :3
Hours that you are available - 3-7 hrs
Moderator, Builder or Helper: Mod or Builder would be great!

Hope I can join!
08/21/2014 5:47 am
Mediocre_Jake
I appreciate all the responses, I will be adding some of you to Skype later and throwing you all into a group chat.

I am still looking for more builders though.
08/20/2014 10:45 pm
UneekPlayer
Age - 14
Skype (Not necessary, but useful. You can PM me to keep this private if you like) - governmentdan
Past experience - Have Been Staff On A Few Servers
What are the qualities you have that make you right for this position? I Can Help Guide Players Explain To Players And Mute Disrespectful Players And Those Who Harras Others
Hours that you are available - 7 - 12 Pacific Time
Moderator, Builder or Helper (Or something else you have in mind?) - Helper
08/20/2014 10:17 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
HepW
Age - 15

Skype - Tacky-_-

Past experience - I own my own server, I build on my server as well as my friends server.

What are the qualities you have that make you right for this position? The qualities I have for becoming a moderator are I have a great attitude, I love to joke, but I know when to be serious. Just like you, I can help with plugins, if needed. I have been running servers for over a year now. But, I can also build for the server! I`m not professional, but I can build.

Hours that you are available - Usually 3+ hours a day.

Moderator, Builder or Helper : Whatever is open! I can do all these things.
08/20/2014 9:50 pm
Blanxers
Age -14
Skype Spockly29
Past experience - I Have Hosted My Own Server But was Unsuccessful
What are the qualities you have that make you right for this position? I Am Very Friendly With Other Players And I Dont Hold Grudges
Hours that you are available - 8+ A Day
Moderator, Builder or Helper (Or something else you have in mind?) - Mod
08/20/2014 9:46 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
HammidFire
IGN: HammidFire

Past Experience: Have been a Co-Owner on a server I ran with my friend called FireCraft and I have been a Moderator on a server called IronCross.

Qualities: I am a fair and just leader. I can hold a position of power without abusing it, and instead use it to solve conflicts among players. When a situation calls for punishment and discipline, I can be firm. On the other hand, I can also be a friendly, open player for others on the server. I am responsive, and understand that a position of staff requires me to put the matters of the players ahead of my own. I am also a very capable builder (and I can prove it )

Hours: Weekdays- 3-5 Hours
Weekend days- 5-7 hours

What position I'd like to hold: I will take any open position that I am given. All I ask is for a chance to help out with another server
08/20/2014 8:48 pm
Level 20 : Expert Architect
MrLimerz
IGN:Charlie_TNTGuy

Maturity level: 1/10 =9

Website Developer: yes im a website developer i know how to setyp donation store vote 4 rewards and others pls visit the mineski website that i created http://mineski-infinity.enjin.com/

What you want as staff:
I would like to be staff, because it gives me an opportunity to do something great in todays community. It gives me a chance to express the love an dedication I like to think that I put into my work, big and small.

Why should we accept you?
First of all, I'm not begging you for this position. I see that you have every right to decline my application, and I will not detest you for that.

To be an Admin again, would be a dream. In my last server I worked on, The server died due to the Owner losing interest in his project. I don't want that to happen again. I think I have the skills to be able to build, being knowledgable in the genres of Modern, Fantasy, Medieval and more. I know plenty about World Edit and VoxelSnipe, and about mako and minor commands used throughout common servers. I am also skilled in Photoshop, which means I can creat a banner or poster if the need be.

I also fully recognise what it means to be an Admin. Being an Admin isn't about playing around with the god command, giving yourself items, playing around with WE. If you look at a real life aspect being an Admin "in real life" means that you have to help others so they can enjoy their experience as much as you can. Almost in every server I play in there is always someone that joins and asks, "Can I be OP?"

People think that becoming OP means your "better" than the builders/members or whatever you call them. Really people should want to stay away from the OP position because it should mean work. Making sure the server is working properly, making sure people are enjoying it, and most of all, making sure people are reading and following the rules.

What can you bring?
I can bring experience and Loyalty, to help make the server a better place for all. I know tips and tricks on building to share, like making any block into a chest. I am young enough to understand today's youth, yet mature enough to moderate and control a hasty environment.

What is your experience at what are you applying?:
-Building: In Building, most servers I have have worked on started out with me as a Builder. When I started applying for positions, I thought of a Builder, because I thought to use my creative skills to the test. I have since built multiple spawns, structures and buildings, and have been promoted twice to Head Builder over that time. I am skilled in the genres of Medieval, Modern, Fantasy and others, though I prefer the medieval and Fantasy genres. I've been switching between servers a lot because they simply didn't need any more builders, so I was kicked. I can use many different plugins like World Edit and VoxelSnipe, both of which I've used before, though there are some things I still want to learn.

-Moderating: On two servers previously, I started out as a Trial-Moderator, and learned many of he basics in Moderating Commands and how to talk to people in a way so that I can see how the person talks and reacts, so I can create a better outcome suiting to both our needs, most of the time.

-Administrating: As I said above, The last server I worked on was the Minecraft Addicts (IP if you want to check: play.minecraft-addicts.co.uk ) as an Admin. I started out as a Trial-Moderator, then surfaced to a Builder. After some hard work and dedication to the server I was promoted to an Admin, where I helped create most of the maps and buildings. I was then demoted because I could keep up with study and work.

Have you ever been banned?
Truthfully, I can't remember the last time I was banned

How many hours you can work per day? :
I can work close to 3-6 hours week days, and possible 4-9 hours on weekends, depending on what I have at the time. I also stay up late doing study, so I can do extra stuff.
08/20/2014 8:37 pm
RNerd116
Past Experience: Admin and mod on a few
Qualities: Friendly, Responsive AND responsible
Hours: 4 to 7 everyday
An admin hopefully with my experience and such
08/20/2014 8:30 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
MiniTemplar
Age - 15
Skype (Not necessary, but useful. You can PM me to keep this private if you like) -
Click to reveal
chickenbals123

Past experience - admin(3 servers) op(2 servers) mod(4 servers)
What are the qualities you have that make you right for this position?- I own a server and I could let you use my mumble server(300 slots)
Hours that you are available - most hours after 4 PM
Moderator, Builder or Helper (Or something else you have in mind?) -Mod or admin
08/20/2014 8:19 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
snownumber2
Age - 13
Skype (Not necessary, but useful. You can PM me to keep this private if you like) - パトリック "Patrick" Just copy and paste it.
Past experience - I have had 2 years of moderating servers,
What are the qualities you have that make you right for this position? I can deal with rule breakers very well as I have been doing so for a while now
Hours that you are available - 4pm - 10pm EST (I have school)
Moderator, Builder or Helper (Or something else you have in mind?) - Moderator as I have alot of experience in that field.

Sorry that i'm not very good at typing out applications as I get frequent writer's block.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome