Looking for Staff to create a new Server

CreepCraft's Avatar CreepCraft11/18/12 2:46 pm
11/25/2012 7:13 pm
Skateboards's Avatar Skateboards
Hey!

First of all, I've been running servers for almost 2 years now. While I've never tried making money or creating huge populated servers, I've always been able to maintain a stable population of nice and mature people (30-40 ish). [I'm very strict about people, if someone joins and causes trouble, is really annoying or just acts really immature they are put on the ban list immediately, while this surely stopped my servers from ever getting tons and tons of members, it really helped with the community. Everyone knew each other, everyone was nice to each other and so on]

Now for the last 2 month I was working on a new and pretty cool server project that involved a lot of preparation. A few of my helpers disappeared without any notice so I was forced to abandon it.

I have been trying to come up with something new the entire month, but it seems like after 2 years I am simply out of ideas.

This is where you come into play. I'm basically looking for Staff or Helpers, it doesn't really matter what they are named right now. I'm trying to get a few people together and discuss about possible server ideas and with these ideas create a new server. All who helped will of course get to keep their Staff status so you will basically help create a server and become part of it afterwards.

Server specs:
Quad Core 3,2 Ghz Processor
8 GB Ram
100 mb up/down
Ubuntu
Location: Europe (But I have never had complaints from anyone living in the US getting lag)

Server ideas that are out of the question:

- Anything that requires client sided mods
- Nothing solely focused on Minigames (As in a server JUST for HungerGames, JUST for Walls etc)
- Nothing purely based on unstructured PVP (I do like PVP a lot, but without a VERY good concept and idea it most likely wont happen)

Still interested? Then simply fill out this form and I will get back to you

IGN:
Previous experience (possibly screenshots?):
Your strengths (Building, ideas, landscaping, community managing, forum posts, etc):
Do you have skype/ how can I contact you?:

Lastly, a few videos and screenshots of the previous servers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 4-LMFaLYuM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2RSqDzytKo
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/114 ... %E2%99%A3/
CreepCraft
Level 3 : Apprentice Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/21/2012 1:47 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Architect
Trigonometry
IGN:XxTHExGODSxX
Country and Timezone: U.S.A, CST
Previous experience (possibly screenshots?): Co-Owner on Past server that went down because of hacking. Member of LoM.
Your strengths (Building, ideas, landscaping, community managing, forum posts, etc): Terraforming, redstone, and ok building.
Do you have skype/ how can I contact you?: Yes I do have skype
11/21/2012 1:23 pm
CreepCraft
Still appreciating more apps
11/21/2012 10:35 am
CreepCraft
Please no more copy & paste apps, I don't need to know everything about you, it's not really important for what I'm planning to do :/
11/25/2012 7:13 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Skateboards
ok... im sorry
11/20/2012 9:46 am
Level 1 : New Miner
KidneyKraft
Greetings, my name is Tyler! Most of my friends call me Diddy,heh. My main server CorruptCraft recently went kupoot (down). I have worked with the owner of that server for two years,two very long and painful years. Donations stopped coming and he couldn't pay the 80 dollars a month anymore,sadly. Since that terrible event I have been out of a job per-say. Naturally since the downgrade of CorruptCraft I needed to find a different server owner to help. I know there are many servers that require moderation or administration. So lets get this over with! Here are my credentials (template)

Name: Tyler L.
How long can you be online?: Since I recently just finished school I have a years worth of playtime before I head off to college. I usually pull allnighters and sleep from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Therefore I will be online everyday usually all day.

Experience with servers: I have been playing this wonderful game since before survival was implemented! And I have nearly two years of server and administrator experience. Also, I am not an illiterate! I know how to preform my job,and get it done.

What can I do for the server?: Easily answered! (if you read all of the statements above) I can provide great administrative and moderation for said server.

Banning, muting and kicking: Weather it's a racist,sexist,idiot,or hacker. I will easily,and fairly take care of hooligans that try to ruin peoples server experience. I do not tolerate racism,and I DEFINITELY DO NOT tolerate hacking. Weather it's xrays,invisible texture packs,or modded clients. These people are the worst in my eyes and they will be dealt with swiftly.

A friendly and competent staff is more than vital to having a successful server, as the staff is one of the main ways that the players view the server. A friendly staff that the players enjoy leads them to recommend the server to their friends thus increasing the server popularity and the cycle repeats which in turn raises the donation levels for the owner. I believe that I could benefit the server because I have experience as a barista in being friendly to the customers to keep them coming back and so that enjoy the coffee house experience. Just as important as a friendly staff is a competent one. This is important because the staff must be able to look at complaints and determine if they are valid or not. The staff must think on their feet and be able to deal with unforeseen complications such as a server crash or a person attempting to cheat the game.

I indeed have a skype! Just send me a request and I will give you more information.
The name is almightyelf123

My in-game account name is Flyingdiddy
Position you are interested in: Any staff position that you think I may be suited for. But I prefer the rank of Administrator.

Past experience with that position: I have been moderators on a couple servers, but most of them are no longer active because of an inability to pay for server hosting.

Are you actively holding this role on a different server? I am currently in the rank of "Police" on a server called "MaxBuild". But it isn't 24/7, so whenever it is up, I am stuck with some other boring servers, completely unlike this one.

Reason for applying/ Why should I pick you?: I don't want to be part of the staff team to abuse. I actually love to help people, and to make sure people have a good time. Proof of that is that I have my own server just so people can have fun. Not for my benefit. It doesn't even have any set up donation program.

What do you want to see from me, as a server owner?: From you, all I want is a owner who respects everyone, and one that doesn't make everyone part of his staff just because you know them. I am also looking for one who will let me have some time to enjoy the server, instead of working on it every passing minute.

Thank you for the time you took to read this! -Tyler/Diddy
11/20/2012 4:27 pm
CreepCraft
Besides the fact that you pretty much copy & pasted this app into 20 or 30 other threads, I think you might be too soft.
A server is quite different from the coffee shop you described. I'm not treating a bunch of paid customers, nor ones that know how to behave. I don't run my server based on donations. People are playing on a server I spend so much time on so they have a good time. If they don't behave like they are expected to, they are politely kicked out. I don't want every idiot playing on it, I want the community to be fun and respectful, if someone doesn't fit into it, he has to leave for the greater good.
11/20/2012 8:46 am
anonpmc861078
[deleted]
11/20/2012 8:34 am
CreepCraft
11/18/2012 11:23 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Skateboards
Name: Simon
IGN: Skateboards
Position:
Admin. I have been an admin in the past and enjoyed it a lot. I reinforce rules, but players still think I'm a fun guy. I also enjoy helping new players by showing them the ropes, which lately fewer and fewer servers do.
Previous server: Solarsnowball's server is the only by memory, but I have been on others.
Do I have skype: yes, along with kik, and email
Why should you choose me: I have exp and I want to help others, and build for the server
I want to help because: Building!, reinforcing rules, and explaining what the server is about. I also want people to come back to the server over continuous times. I've played for over a year and I know what is popular. I also recently built a huge maze
Maturity: 7.5/10 I put this since I often joke around, but i am serious when a matter that is serious comes up.
My specialty: Public buildings (hotels, jails, castles, towns) and also mini-games! I have a wide variety of things I can build but I do not do pixel art.
This is just a side note since I am almost done but I am building a huge tower with minigames mobs and parkour on 69.175.17.48 I’m not advertising but if you want to check out earlier work I have done for a server you can see some there.
11/19/2012 12:09 pm
CreepCraft
Great, another mindless copy&paste app...
11/18/2012 10:40 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
Danye_West
IGN:danye_west
Country and Timezone: PST
Previous experience (possibly screenshots?):I create servers myself. Private mostly with only 4 slots for mini survival worlds and such, but it would be so awesome to work for a big time server.
Your strengths (Building, ideas, landscaping, community managing, forum posts, etc): mostly building. I can advertise with my YouTube channel too that will soon come.
Do you have skype/ how can I contact you: by email. Send me a private message if you accept to get my email.
11/18/2012 10:05 pm
ashleyjsawyer
IGN: ashleyjsawyer
Country and Timezone: US pacific
Previous experience (possibly screenshots?): been playing since 1.9, have been staff on many servers before and know many commands and such
Your strengths (Building, ideas, landscaping, community managing, forum posts, etc): im ok at building, my biggest strength would we commands (community managing i guess)
Do you have skype/ how can I contact you?: You can contact me through pmc or my skype: ashleyjsawyer but i cant call though :/
~if u dont choose me for a staff member no big deal, it would be nice, but if u give the ip i will check it out thanks for reading (if you did lol)
11/18/2012 5:42 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
louiegp
IGN:louiegp
Country and Timezone:England
Previous experience (possibly screenshots?): I factory restored my computer 2 days ago sorry.
Your strengths (Building, ideas, landscaping, community managing, forum posts, etc):I can make pretty much anything, I'm good with redstone, I am very creative so I can think of pretty much anything.
Do you have skype/ how can I contact you?:My skype name is louiegp1 and my email is footballstar213@yahoo.co.uk
11/18/2012 5:36 pm
CreepCraft
No more?
11/18/2012 4:50 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
JPalestis
Hello I am jpalestis I am 13 I own 3 servers my self and I know what you need for staff I am a great person for the job of admin or higher I have exeperiece I am owner on 6 servers made 3 if you need prof of my servers here's ip to one 66.85.168.170:25628
Here's a extra app

Application
In game name?JPalestis
Age ?13
Favorite color?blue
Rank?admin +
Why should We choose you? You should choose me because I am a person that has a lot of experience and I a, good at keeping servers under control
Why do you want to join ?i am kind of bored of my servers and my favorite servers down so u need a server and you need staff so I want to help
Time zone?usa Washington, D.C.
How long per day can you be on? 6-10 hours
How long per week can you be on?60-100 hours
Next is 1-10
Building 9
Plugin 10
Command 9
Redstone 6
Pvp 9
Next is questions for if you can do
Make plugins?no
Make youtube vids? No but later on maybe
Host a server?well if you need one or I can buy one :p
Play tekkit? Yes
Play minecraft yes
JPalestis
Level 4
Apprentice Mage
11/18/2012 4:53 pm
CreepCraft
You own 3 servers, paste an application without even writing one for this specific one. I bet you didn't even read my first post. I really don't need people like you
11/18/2012 4:48 pm
ricardomilosbigfan
IGN: Nyan_Kitty
Country and Timezone: US, Central
Previous experience (possibly screenshots?): Been playing since MCBeta 1.3
Your strengths (Building, ideas, landscaping, community managing, forum posts, etc): Good with decoration, and also good with mining.
Do you have skype/ how can I contact you?: Yup. But no mic for now D:

I'm actually pretty mature for my age, so I wouldn't worry about that. I'm about to get a new desktop, so my MC will run MUCH better then it does now. ^.^
11/18/2012 4:51 pm
CreepCraft
Hah, the "About me" text is hilarious . Nice attitude
11/18/2012 4:55 pm
ricardomilosbigfan
Lol thanks! I actually edited it probably right after you read it. I fixed a few things. ;P
11/18/2012 5:01 pm
CreepCraft
Check your pm's

@Thread, still looking for more people!
11/18/2012 4:38 pm
CreepCraft
Meh
11/18/2012 3:25 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Dragon
Capritorne
IGN: jassassin11
Country and Timezone: usa and central
Previous experience (possibly screenshots?): owner = 2 head admin = 1 admin = 7 mod = 2 and builder = 2
Your strengths (Building, ideas, landscaping, community managing, forum posts, etc): REDSTONE! voxelsniper worldedit
Do you have skype/ how can I contact you?: i will soon
11/18/2012 3:18 pm
Spawnkillz
IGN: Spawnkillz
C, and TimeZone: USA, and EST
Previous experience: Co owner on 2 servers, admin on multiple(about 13), and i play since indev minecraft. I have matured a lot and I love watching communities grow.
Strengths: My BEST and outmost strongest ability is Community Management. I am also strong in forum posts and building/project ideas.
Skype? Yes.
11/18/2012 3:03 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
DXstillstanding
IGN: DXstillstanding
Country and Timezone: United States/ Central
Previous experience (possibly screenshots?): Played since beta, Have hosted 2 servers, and Been admin on many servers
Your strengths (Building, ideas, landscaping, community managing, forum posts, etc): Building, Ideas, Landscpaing
Do you have skype/ how can I contact you?:I have skype.
11/18/2012 2:59 pm
CreepCraft
Posting your skype name is not required, I'm simply curious whether I can contact you through it or not
11/18/2012 2:50 pm
Deron
IGN: mikegamer34
Country and Timezone: United States/Eastern timezone
Previous experience (possibly screenshots?): A bit
Your strengths: building
Do you have skype/ how can I contact you?: Skype: minecrafter34
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com