Moria's Return

Zaralith's Avatar Zaralith1/20/11 3:03 am
2/5/2011 1:50 pm
Zaralith's Avatar Zaralith
The Mines of Moria (Zar's Awesome Server) is back up and running. Those of you wanting to play on the survival world, I may be able to link the two eventually with one of the Bukkit plugins I have, but I will definitely need a hardware upgrade before then and need to wait for a full release of Bukkit. Anyone who has the ip for the survival world, the Moria world ip is the same. I want you guys to help me with the current work on the Mines, though other ideas for big projects would be cool too. Let me know here if you have an idea for a project that you think we could do.
Zaralith
Retired Moderator
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/05/2011 1:50 pm
Zaralith
Moria has returned... Again. The server is up and running delicious bukkit. send me a message if the whitelist blocks you and I will add you if i know you. Please look at the rules before you try and join because I will be enforcing them. I hope to see my friends soon, and I will be migrating the server to new hardware as soon as I can get said hardware on the internet.
01/26/2011 2:06 pm
Zaralith
Boo to power trips. it goes out for a half a second, but that is enough to restart the computer and corrupt the world. back to backups again. still working on what existed on 1/22. Need to start making more frequent backups and get a UPS. Server is still whitelisted. Please send me a message through this thread or a pm if you want access and I will let you know if you are allowed.
01/25/2011 4:02 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Taco
kacboy
That's actually not a bad idea. I'll think about it.
01/25/2011 2:21 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
Gonna see if this is a good idea (no not to get me in on it >.>)
Can I be a character who has stalked you ever since the crash, causing slight damage to your homes and stuff ^^
01/25/2011 12:06 pm
kacboy
Also, Minecrash, what's this about? I have only read blog once.

A Minecraft series of 2 guys who crash from a plane and must survive. Then the island they are on has a dangerous mystery to it and they gotta solve it.
01/25/2011 3:10 am
Zaralith
World is up, whitelist is active, ip is being relisted.

EDIT: and the world is restored from backup, twice. (remember to not be pointing at large volumes of items near lava with super-pickaxe on) This marks the third time that the world has needed to be restored, though the most recent one was me causing an accident and the oldest was because i have no UPC.
01/25/2011 2:49 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
I have returned from being offline >.>
Sucks to hear that people have nothing better to do with the time they have so they greif a project that they were trusted to be allowed near.
Also, Minecrash, what's this about? I have only read blog once.
01/25/2011 2:14 am
kacboy
Wow, stupid greifers. I wanna beat 'em.
01/25/2011 2:08 am
Zaralith
Mines of Moria was griefed while I was away attending my grandmother's funeral since I left the ip listed here for people to build on. The extent of the damage can be seen via my description on the Zar's Awesome Server page in the latest log. I have updated to the most recent bukkit and have downloaded the new permissions and whitelist plugins. The server will be whitelist only, so please give me your name if you want to be allowed onto the server. I am sorry to the people that built the nice little town but that will be removed since I am rolling the server back to my backup from a few days ago. I will re-list the ip when I have the initial list of whitelist people added, the world rolled back, and an invisible border setup to not allow people to move farther than a certain area to make sure that the world does not get too big. In other news, I have a plugin that implements the home function, and that will be added to the default permissions set as soon as I can. I also will most likely be making ranking of some kind, at least for permission levels, so please feel free to suggest stuff to me. Also, as soon as I get in touch with kacboy, I will be helping him with his project that he is working on, Minecrash.

Disclaimer: Submitting your name for addition to the whitelist does not mean I will add it and let you in. If you are one of the people that I respect from this community, I will add you as soon as you ask, but if I do not know about you, you will need to be vetted by someone who does that I trust. Please remember that you will be held responsible for people you vet, though I do not see that being a problem with the initial people I have in mind, and if I happen to ban someone that you vouched for, it does not necessarily mean I will do something similar to you (unless you intentionally allow griefers into the server).
01/22/2011 11:09 am
Zaralith
Small hiccup this morning. Power tripped and corrupted the world. rolled back to yesterday and it works now. sorry for anything that was lost.
01/20/2011 6:41 pm
Zaralith
ya. at the roof level (the warp is currently private) you can dig out the square area's between the torches. just dig out the two levels required to stand, since i need the layer above that for torch holding. You can help me resurface the roof as well, after i have cut the torch holders.
01/20/2011 5:29 pm
Level 40 : Master Musician
c danovich
i visited moria today
i'm stunned
it is going to be more than over-epic!
if you like, i can do some excevation work, i'm sure that i cant mess that up lol:)
01/20/2011 1:14 pm
kacboy
Great, I come back for a bit.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome