[Full] Need Mature, Experienced Administrator or Mod/Op.

dekema2's Avatar dekema25/17/14 12:30 am
5/18/2014 10:42 pm
dekema2's Avatar dekema2
Hello everyone,

Our server, FreshUniverse, is in need of a second admin to work with our first admin. While this seems to be a difficult task I won't stop recruiting for this critical position for our server. As and admin you will have special rights, such as prime say in server meetings, overriding the server slots, WorldEdit and VoxelSniper and forum privileges. You will also have responsibilities, including but not limited to: managing server rules, managing the ban list, managing website moderators, overseeing lower staff, and constant contact with the ownership via Skype or the Adminium app.

Here are prerequisites:

-You must be age 17 or older (If you're younger you may still be considered based on your portfolio/resume).
-You may not work on other servers
-You must have worked as administrative or moderating staff positions on another server.
-This server may not be one you have run unless it has held a player base above 10 players.
-You must provide a link to either the server's forum post or website.

Here is the application:

-IGN (In Game Name):
-Previous servers (include website and/or post):
-Position you are applying for:
-Why you want to join FreshUniverse in a paragraph (more information, more honesty will increase your chance at the position):
-Unique qualities you would bring to our organization:
-How you will help improve our community:
-Any works/builds that we can look at (no stolen builds):
-Contact details (Skype highly recommended):

I will not link to the other post that I have as it may or may not be reported for bumping.
dekema2
Level 32 : Artisan Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/18/2014 10:42 pm
dekema2
Thank you to all who participated. We are no longer hiring staff. Look for our post detailing beta testing for this weekend as we are opening Memorial Day!
05/17/2014 3:02 pm
dekema2
GamerBah
dekema2we believe that if you're serving in an administrative position, you need to focus completly on the task at hand on the server, especially if our player base grows. However, this isn't a "job." As with our current staff you'd only be on for a couple hours a day to volunteer, not 8-10 unless you would like to or we're busy that day, such as weekends.

I'd like to see what the server is right now. Once I see it, then you can start talking about the task at hand.

And on weekends, if I am supposed to work 8-10 hours a day because the server is "busy" then you might need some more Admins. I would consider working on a Minecraft server for 8-10 hours a day a job, and would prefer to get paid, because that is a boatload of time to spend on 1 server in 1 day.

With the size of the player base that I'm sure I will be starting out with as I have for the last 4 years (3-10 players), I'm sure that the prime goal will be quality over quantity in order to expand the player base. 8-10 hours was an arbitrary number I threw out for if and when our server grows. Also, we are in the process of training staff, so as far as how we're performing as far as tasks, they've yet to have been assigned. We're opening Memorial Day by the way.

Congratulations to Bmizzlexx on becoming our second Server Admin! We will sift through applications to determine who can become our fourth Mod.
05/17/2014 12:44 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Modder
GamerBah
dekema2we believe that if you're serving in an administrative position, you need to focus completly on the task at hand on the server, especially if our player base grows. However, this isn't a "job." As with our current staff you'd only be on for a couple hours a day to volunteer, not 8-10 unless you would like to or we're busy that day, such as weekends.

I'd like to see what the server is right now. Once I see it, then you can start talking about the task at hand.

And on weekends, if I am supposed to work 8-10 hours a day because the server is "busy" then you might need some more Admins. I would consider working on a Minecraft server for 8-10 hours a day a job, and would prefer to get paid, because that is a boatload of time to spend on 1 server in 1 day.
05/17/2014 11:25 am
Level 1 : New Miner
SoulBlazer01
IGN (Username)

GoldDragoon45

Im 17 but I'm also very mature and calm in most situations for the most part

Past experience

I Was a owner of a server at one time. It was a private server...can reveal anymore info.

Position That Im Applying for

Administrator/ Moderator

Reasons

I Very helpful for the most part and i calm most situations cause by players like griefing. I can also help the server community by contributing thoughts an ideas to meetings and help the new players get around the server, so there not stiff like bricks. I can also help the builders with there projects and give them advice on such project. I think I contribute a lot this this community and see it through, I also can very reasonable with my powers and NOT!!! misuse in them any other case, like for example There is a newbie on the server and he /she keeps asking for diamonds or enchanments for whatever kind of use, this what I would done first he would get a warning, kicked, the last but not least a temporary ban (if its on there), I think that is the extent of my abilities, if you happen to read this thanks for the consideration.

Unique qualities that I will bring the your organization

I can my unique traits that I'm a very helpful person and I can bring alot ideas to a server meeting a keep player morale up. I consider my self a person that respects other peoples ideals and is not willing to argue about it like children fighting over a toy. and I'm a faithful in what I'm willing to put up with, and maybe have some fun with players here and again thats what I'm willing to contribute the this community.

I will Help to improve the Community

I will Improve the Community is by give them what they need (not items of course) and helping if they need help and try stop the griefers from doing damage to other players creations and try an help the players as much as possible like with builds and issues that are going with there lives and try be a peoples admin, not a tyrant and misuse their powers and abuse the players.

Past Builds

I was planning to make a horror themed adventure map, if you can call it that...I don't have any pictures except on my phone...sorry

Contact Info

Skype Username: Dillan.Hunter1
Also send me a private message if you happen to read this.
05/17/2014 11:13 am
dekema2
Wow, we're inundated with replies! I will personally get back to all of them ASAP.

As far as the application requirements are concerned, we believe that if you're serving in an administrative position, you need to focus completly on the task at hand on the server, especially if our player base grows. However, this isn't a "job." As with our current staff you'd only be on for a couple hours a day to volunteer, not 8-10 unless you would like to or we're busy that day, such as weekends.

Now I'll make an exception for this, there can be a transition period for accepted staff members, or we can work out an agreement.
05/17/2014 11:08 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
TOBUSCUS7890
IGN: TOBUSCUS7890
Position: Admin
I am 14 years old but I act like I am 17+, My maturity level is very high, i rate myself as a 7 or 8. I was staff on another server and a moderator on another. I currently have my own server, (TheGamingRealms) and I could tend BOTH at the same time since I have TONS of time on my hands. If you are willing, i could connect our servers together (through portals) and double our players at the same time! I have tons of knowledge with the configs, the console, Bukkit, and plugins! I fix TONS of bugs and am very helpful. I do have Skype and i microphone for it. I was an assistant on Capricatown and a moderator on EpicCraft, I am always on the forums. I take my job seriously. I can help improve the community by getting you more players, fixing up your bugs, attending the forums, etc... My Skype is TOBUSCUS7890. I can attend the server when im not at school! I am always here to help any more questions that im forgetting? just skype msg me and ill awnser it
05/17/2014 8:48 am
sukinato
dekema2
-You must have worked as administrative or moderating staff positions on another server.

To be honest, this sounds completely like you want us to "work" for you, and if I'm working instead of volunteering, I would demand payment for my service.. why would anyone want to be staff for a server that restricts what you can do on a game that you payed for. (as in working for another server)
05/17/2014 3:35 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Scribe
Skaldas
Well lets agree to disagree.

I don't like arguing over something silly with another person of high intelligence.
05/17/2014 3:32 am
GamerBah
Azrel
No matter however you look at things it's his server and his application forums though. You're in no position to point out flaws of his application table that he posted.

If those are HIS requirements for HIS server then leave it as it is. Although I may agree or disagree in his Table it's best to not say anything at all because people work like this in MC-

You criticize, they take it personally.

I am not trying to make him change it. I am just pointing out things that have helped me personally and quite a few other server Owners in the past. He doesn't have to change anything, because it is a well thought out application form.
05/17/2014 3:28 am
Skaldas
GamerBah
dekema2
-You must be age 17 or older (If you're younger you may still be considered based on your portfolio/resume).
-This server may not be one you have run unless it has held a player base above 10 players.

I am the slightest bit (or more) confused as to these "requirements." I am not trying to "downgrade" this server or anything of the sort, but I am just explaining some minor faults you have, as I have gone through the process of making application forms for quite some time.

First off, the mark the age requirement at 17 is quite high. Many of the people that play Minecraft are in the 10-16 year range, and even more in just the 10-14 year range; however, I am not saying that those who are 17+ do not play Minecraft at all.

Second...
dekema2

These 2 requirements contradict each other in a way. In most cases, having worked as and Administrator or a Forum Moderator/Game Moderator/etc. means that you are currently working for another server. Yes, in many cases people are not working for a server at the moment because they either got booted or simply decided to resign.

Another thing about that section is that you will not allow your Staff to work for any other server. Problem being, this restricts a Minecraft player's ability to go out and explore the world and communities around them, which was what Minecraft was basically made for: Adventure and Exploration. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, but it can cause the ones you "hired" to think that working for you is becoming a little dull. As a server Owner myself, I find it quite hard to try and be on my network 24/7, which, for that reason, I applied (and was accepted) to another server, to add variety.

dekema2

This part in general is slightly bad, and I would suggest removing it for the sake of simplicity. If you have been a successful server owner with a player-base over 10, you would most likely not just abandon the server to join this one because you would...
1) Be moving from an Owner position to an Admin or Moderator position...
2) Be abandoning the player-base and community you had previously made...
which then conflicts with the point you made earlier about "Not being able to work for any other server."

Does this mean that if I own a successful server, and I am looking to join some more server Staff teams, that I cannot join this one simply because you don't want your Staff members roaming around the Minecraft community like most people do?

I have no harsh intentions by saying all this. I just think that it could be a little more user-friendly.

No matter however you look at things it's his server and his application forums though. You're in no position to point out flaws of his application table that he posted.

If those are HIS requirements for HIS server then leave it as it is. Although I may agree or disagree in his Table it's best to not say anything at all because people work like this in MC-

You criticize, they take it personally.
05/17/2014 3:22 am
GamerBah
dekema2

I am the slightest bit (or more) confused as to these "requirements." I am not trying to "downgrade" this server or anything of the sort, but I am just explaining some minor faults you have, as I have gone through the process of making application forms for quite some time.

First off, the mark the age requirement at 17 is quite high. Many of the people that play Minecraft are in the 10-16 year range, and even more in just the 10-14 year range; however, I am not saying that those who are 17+ do not play Minecraft at all.

Second...
dekema2

These 2 requirements contradict each other in a way. In most cases, having worked as and Administrator or a Forum Moderator/Game Moderator/etc. means that you are currently working for another server. Yes, in many cases people are not working for a server at the moment because they either got booted or simply decided to resign.

Another thing about that section is that you will not allow your Staff to work for any other server. Problem being, this restricts a Minecraft player's ability to go out and explore the world and communities around them, which was what Minecraft was basically made for: Adventure and Exploration. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, but it can cause the ones you "hired" to think that working for you is becoming a little dull. As a server Owner myself, I find it quite hard to try and be on my network 24/7, which, for that reason, I applied (and was accepted) to another server, to add variety.

dekema2

This part in general is slightly bad, and I would suggest removing it for the sake of simplicity. If you have been a successful server owner with a player-base over 10, you would most likely not just abandon the server to join this one because you would...
1) Be moving from an Owner position to an Admin or Moderator position...
2) Be abandoning the player-base and community you had previously made...
which then conflicts with the point you made earlier about "Not being able to work for any other server."

Does this mean that if I own a successful server, and I am looking to join some more server Staff teams, that I cannot join this one simply because you don't want your Staff members roaming around the Minecraft community like most people do?

I have no harsh intentions by saying all this. I just think that it could be a little more user-friendly.
05/17/2014 2:25 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Taco
xXCodeBossXx
-IGN (In Game Name): xXCodeBossXx
-Previous servers (include website and/or post): Worked on Azrel's server (person above me in this forum post) I was Mod!
-Position you are applying for: Highest Possible!
-Why you want to join FreshUniverse in a paragraph (more information, more honesty will increase your chance at the position): I want to join as i have wanted to own a server before and just dont have the money, I would love staff as i can help the server grow and progress as i am a good builder, I also can do GFX's and setup gamemodes on the server. I have a fairly extensive plugin knowledge and if i dont know i can learn in a matter of minutes
-Unique qualities you would bring to our organization: I would record for my youtube and be a fun staff but serious when it comes to situations.
-How you will help improve our community: As stated earlier i can make maps and setup different gamemodes
-Any works/builds that we can look at (no stolen builds): Check my PMC profile
-Contact details (Skype highly recommended): Skype: MinecraftDuo99

Thanks for your time!
05/17/2014 6:04 pm
dekema2
Hi, I would like to contact you on Skype regarding an open position.
05/17/2014 3:10 am
Skaldas
Since when did you have a "Fairly extensive plugin knowledge"

Would've been nice to know when you were on my server </3 XD
05/17/2014 1:55 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
Drazieth
"You may not work on any other servers" Remove this, no one likes someone who takes control of their life.
05/17/2014 1:47 am
Battlenationsmc
IGN (In Game Name):

IGN: Bmizzlexx

I am 22 years young.

Previous servers (include website and/or post):

I was staff manager in the Aeroverse server. My job details entailed keeping the staff on track as well as writing permissions files and helping the administration by training staff.

PMC Post: aeroverse-recruiting-staff-t294892.html

Position you are applying for:

I am applying for the open admin position.

Why you want to join FreshUniverse in a paragraph (more information, more honesty will increase your chance at the position):

I want to join this community because I'm interested in helping in the creation of a great server. Like most people who are applying for this position, I want the power that comes along with this position. However, I don't want the power just because its "fun", I want it because I actually want to use it in synergy with my determination and work ethic to transform the server and the staff into a fun-loving environment that people would enjoy to come and play on every day. I want to be able work hard and then see a successful server at the end of the day.

Unique qualities you would bring to our organization:

I like my life by four qualities or virtues; perseverance, mutual helpfulness, faith, and humility. I will ensure that both myself and the staff perseveres through any issues that may arise by mutually helping each other regardless of whose job it is. I will also ensure that the staff develops faith in each other to get things done properly and on time, and that the community will have faith in the staff and administration to do as they promise and to resolves any issues that they may have. Finally, I will make sure to instill humility inside the staff so that everyone feels appreciated and welcome so that in turn they will continue to work hard for the betterment of the community.

How you will help improve our community:

I will improve the community by ensuring that the staff continues to work hard day by day by showing them by first hand experience. I will also help to train new staff members on how to handle situations they might find themselves in, so that when the situation does arise they will be able to handle it in a calm and professional manor. I will also help the community by providing weekly events to keep the community interested and involved to keep it fun and exciting every single day. Finally I believe that I will provide a sense of maturity to the staff, so that I can help them distinguish the difference between business and pleasure.

Past Builds:

Most of my past builds are in schematic form, however I can provide a screen shot of a partial build of a hall way I made for a prison.

Image: http://tinypic.com/r/34nk7f6/8

Contact details (Skype highly recommended):

05/17/2014 11:30 am
dekema2
You are the first we would like to speak with, have Skype ready as we'll interview you ASAP!

Edit: Competition is extremely high for this position and there are many qualified applicants here. Since this server will be opening soon, we can only take 1 Admin and 1 Mod to meet our quota. However this is subject to change.
05/17/2014 12:53 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
deenbayside
Application:Moderator
IGN:Crazysteve102
Maturity(1-10):9
Experience: Ive Worked for the server called mcpvp i had mod and quit because they abused and did not use there donations for the server. Ive owned a Faction server that had 5GB i know how hard it is to own a server and will try to make it easy for the owner.
Why should we pick you:You can trust me because i am responsible,Trustworthy and Nice i can play on the server for about 4-5 hours a day and will try to keep the server clean from hackers and cheaters.I do not abuse and will never because on my server i trusted somebody and they turned my server upside down and know how hard Owner's try to keep there servers from harms way Also one of my achievements is being staff on mcpvp meeting the owner and having his skype i got demoted because i didnt Play Often i also pay attention to Anybody and will try to help anyone who needs my help and will help any staff member that needs my help
What would you do about hackers! If somebody tells me they found a hacker i would monitor them and if I see them hack myself ill take a picture with program i use and if they request a ban appeal i would post the picture of them hacking
05/17/2014 1:57 am
Skaldas
MCPVP is a professional grade server. So this "abuse" never happens.

Also Moderators and Moderator+ ranks have never spoken with the owners because they're busy. Any moderator with an issue are to report to a server Administrator such as Wiki_Kiki, Remkit, pls, BadBoyHalo, and Sephel.

You're lying.
05/17/2014 12:52 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
581nosrac
I would love to help but i don't meet some requirements
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome