Gorgoncraft Roleplay Server Development Team. Now recruiting

mrwizard70's Avatar mrwizard707/3/14 12:25 am
7/22/2014 10:09 am
mrwizard70's Avatar mrwizard70
My name is mrwizard. I have run 3 servers, this is my 4th. don't doubt my experience. but you can doubt my building ability. I need some help guys . anyway;
We are looking for devs/permissions people, loremasters, as well as normal builders.
Application for right now:
Why should I work with you? (list your skills)
What race are you interested in?
Timezone?
Anything else?
IGN?
Skype?
Full description of server
Click to reveal
Gorgoncraft
Problems to fix
players need work incentive. Ex why should I build a sheep farm?
economic control; who does what job and how are they taxed
Uses for resources. How do I use my wool etc.
Crafting system. What can I craft?
What is the name of the server?
System for getting donator ranks on merit
do we want a UN????
Ideas
Admins may ransack if faction causes problem. (ugly base etc)
Make automatic shops unfairly priced to encourage player commerce.
Automatic environment. (geysers/volcanoes)
roads to be long straight and cobble or gravel. (mix)
spawn room=rules and map, option to become a settler, tp to all areas, large descriptions.
Admin rules
1. When related to building, wizard is always right.
2. If anyone even Thinks about messing with someone elses build without my permission I will reach through my computer and tear out your genitals. After that, I will ban you from the server, and block you on Skype. I don't care who you are.
3. No commenting on bad builds. Please tell me if you think it isn't up to standard. I will look at it, if its really bad, I’ll deal with it
4. if you think of something you need done that you can't do, please tell wizard, not just ask someone.
5. Use common sense

Name of server.
We all love RP servers, but the logistics of their creation have baffled server owners for a long time. With the notable exception of massivecraft. We have discovered the perfect blend of simplicity, aesthetics, roleplay, free roam, survival minecraft, quests, and imagination.
Welcome one, welcome all, to (name). The ultimate minecraft roleplay experience.

Map: http://newrpserver.imgur.com/all/
The world of (name) is around the size of Australia, and split into 6 empires of equal strength (for now ). The proud and sturdy ironmen of the Icefangs train wolves, and mine. They live in a frozen waste at the top of (name). Their capital is Silverstar, and they pride themselves on their battle prowess. The fickle elves of the eastern forests are masters of the woods, archery, and woodcutting. They live high in the treetops of the deep forests. The dwarves are a rich and influential group, especially since they live in the emerald mountains, and produce all of (name) currency. They spend their days mining and inventing, and are responsible for the creation of the iron roads (railroads). The humans are the first settlers of (name). They are ranchers and farmers, with an abundance of sheep, pigs, and horses. The poorer ones farm. The sandsmen are mysterious and wealthy, as they control the main source of clay, the primary building block, they also keep chickens and cows, and do a bit of farming in the oasis and riverbeds. They are disliked by the humans for competing with them for food sales. They dislike the sea, and mistrust sailors on principal. Just recently, a chain of islands has been discovered just south of lands end, a new race of hardy settlers is developing there, and keeping to themselves. These new settlers have no lords, or laws, and fight incessantly.

List of Features
The one true god Rol'haer
Rol'haer is actually named mrwizard. He is the absolute final authority on everything.... because he is a god. Wizard will be fair and nice, but also is in creative and an operator. His job is to make sure the admins do what their supposed to. If you think an admin is breaking the rules, tell Rol'haer. He will deal with it, if your right, you might get the empire!
Rules
The rules are simple.
No hacking. (this includes minimap)
No spamming.
The admins are always right. If it becomes a problem ask Rol'haer.
Use common sense.
Try and stay in roleplay with your actions. Admins don't care about chat, but if you rebel, think of a reason to do so.* Cough taxes cough*
during a war, don't wine. Otherwise, read the laws.
No loopholes.
Laws for all empires
Keep in mind that when in an empire, that empires laws apply to you.
The Emperor cannot be overruled.
No killing other players.
No stealing.
No insulting important people in chat.
No changing empire during a war.
Rules vs Laws
a rule is a server wide restriction that is generally a bannable offense. They are not in RP format, and basicly say don't break the system. Laws are meant to be broken, and have realistic penalties, mostly becoming an outlaw.
Income Plugin
each player receives 1e every 10 minutes he/she is online. This “income value” can be effected in 2 different ways. Nobles get more income per minute, and jobs give multipliers. So, if you are a lord (moderator) you get 5e every 10 minutes your online. But if your a lord who also happens to be the imperial master of coin you would get 5x4 (20e) per 10 min.
Mines and Forests Reset
A major new idea, we are using the existing prison plugin to reset the woodcutting and mining areas in 9 different cites, instead of having to deal with other peoples mines. This was decided on because of the size of the map. It's difficult to fill that much area with viable resources.
Ranks
owner/admin=emperor
moderator=lord
donator=handpicked position (see jobs)
player=worker
player that chose no empire at start but received starter money and tp to outer islands=settler
Anyone who has been outlawed by a admin=outlaw*
*outlaws receive no income and can be killed by anyone.
Ranks and jobs are ultra fluid. Admins will hand out unused donator positions to useful people without the extra income. Example: If you think you can, rebel against your cities lord. If you win, you will be moved to the position of lord..... until your nations army shows up and wreaks you. If you beat them...... you can do almost anything.
Jobs
name pay buyer
farmer baker/cook
rancher cook/tailor
slayer alchemist/tailor
Miner Smith/Jeweler
Smith Armorer (not AI)
lumberman Carpenter/builder
Carpenter Builder
Guards 2x N/A (five per city, with a captain.)
Donator Positions
name # per Empire Pay Estimated cost
Scribe 12 2x 1$
Armorer 6 2x 2$
Captain 6 3x 5$
Lieutenant 4 3x 10$
General 1 4x 30$
Adviser 1 2x 15$
Treasurer 1 4x 20$
Wizard varies varies 10$
Preist
New Crafting Recopies
armor now requires wool to craft.
The standard crafting for iron armor now makes chain mail, and iron has been made to require iron blocks, to reflect plate armor.
Diamond armor can no longer be crafted, but can be bought or found.
Item Tiers
Knight System
An admin or moderator may knight any player at any time. A knighted player is basicly a privileged player with the direct backing of whoever knighted them. A knight is like a household guard. They fight for whoever they want to, unlike a guard that fights for his emperor.

What else should we add?
mrwizard70
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect