OoverMC Network - Acquiring Staff EXPERTS

RebelKnox's Avatar RebelKnox12/31/15 3:17 am
12/31/2015 3:44 pm
RebelKnox's Avatar RebelKnox

Hey! It's RebelKnox, the owner of The OoverMC Network! I am here today to introduce our server and acquire staff/workers. Now this is not my/our first "attempt" at creating networks. If you're looking for staff just to get a prefix on your name and then leave a week in, this isn't the place for you.. sorry. Also, if you are a slacker, and don't like to get things done on a specific due date or "in-time," this also.. is not the place for you. sorry.. again. If you are a 5 star effort and attitude opponent, you are most certainly welcome!

Here are some tips to applying made directly from the head administration team for OoverMC who got accepted, using these same tips.

1. Talk in complete sentences with proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Be professional to impress!

2. Never insult, only give constructive criticism as to an owner will feed off of the information.

3. Have some sense of humor; it is key to be loose but a jokester is not going to be of much help to a server, which is why they aren't usually hired.

4. No bragging. If an owner hears "I am admin on like 200 servers," he thinks this; "Well why does he need it on this server? He won't have time for this server!" Only talk about the server you are applying for.

5. Respect. Owners and Administrators love respect, but treating him/her like a king/queen will make him/her awkward and out of place.

6. Friends. Be sure to have referrals/vouches from others, and be friends with the staff and owner first as to they will really know you better.(NOT required, since most of you do not have any complications/relations with the OoverMC Staff Team.)

7. Benefits. Tell the owner, (or who is hiring,) what times you will be on most, and what you will truly do for the server.(i.e. Say what you will do to help the server in the best way possible.)

*8. A good reputation. (KEY POINT) Since Minecraft uses unique processed usernames, that means only ONE person in the entire world using Minecraft can have that one unique name. So therefore, your player isn't hard to find online by simply googling your username. If you have an insufficient reputation, try cleaning yourself up before applying.

9. Clean. This implies an attitude you would talk to your Grandma in. You do not want to have a childish impression. So take care in your application and don't swear/cuss, and don't mention any sexual references.

10. Be ready and have confidence. Being prepared for an interview is key to being taken seriously. This step is key. If you are very lame about getting accepted, you will only make it worse for YOU. You will do fine

Description explaining the process:
I know how it is.. Unexperienced server owners will post "need staff" on Planet Minecraft. They will op them on their server and expect them to.. well, be "staff." They end up shutting their server down because 1. Unexperienced 2. They usually only pay for one month hosting on PayPal and don't renew 3. Their so called "staff" grief and "mess-up"/obliterate the server. Here at OoverMC.. We don't do that. But more, we really don't NEED that.

Now that I have stated WHO can apply, please listen closely!

One whom attempts to apply for OoverMC must act the following:
----------------------------------------------------------​

- Have a good reputation here on MCM, or at least proof of ability.
- Have in-game experience on Minecraft servers. (No, I do not mean experience on Hypixel or Mineplex, I mean server management.
- Have a mature attitude towards the players and other qualifiers of the OoverMC Team.
- Be of an appropriate age. (All ages qualify, but we recommend being over the age of 14. Age does NOT affect your application, it only affects your matureness)
- Be an appropriate citizen/member of the OoverMC Team. (In simple words, don't do anything stupid.)
- Has a good reputation on other servers/communities and can adapt to the server and other team members appropriately.
- Ability to work "well" with other and different people. (Everyone has their own opinion, but if one starts building something first that you despise, you must be able to either live with it, or add on your own creative ideas to make both of you happy.)
- Have an appropriate, mature, happy, and helpful attitude towards players of OoverMC. (By appropriate I mean don't joke about sexual topics or in basic terms "uncommon topics to discuss with people." By mature I mean do not be a "grinch" who abuses their powers in game and uses them against server members. By happy I mean do not log on and say to people "Idk what to do now I am so bored" If I have people acting in such a way on OoverMC, players will seem like the staff team for OoverMC is not fun at all, and we want players to adjust to the staff and get close to them as friends so they don't hesitate to ask for help. By helpful I mean act in a sufficient way where players can get the most information out of you as possible. We don't want you to say to a player, "I will ask the owner when he gets on." OR "Idk how to help you, I'm sorry!" No matter how nice and mature you say it, that player gets no information/help, and is stuck until I come on, which sometimes won't be for a while! In the meantime that player will give up, and leave the server since no one will give proper help. That is called a decline in the player base. a player base is the center of your server besides staff, and server management.)​
----------------------------------------------------------​

Must AGREE to the following upon qualification:

* - **** (1-5 Level of importance)

**No Advertising, unless approved- You may advertise your YouTube video, Twitch stream, Image, ect as long as it contains content related to OoverMC. Any content shared containing content related to another server will result in a permanent ban from the server.(not the website)

**Religious/ Racial Disputes- This also includes any other arguments/ disputes in chat that staff members deem worthy of punishment.

*****NO DDOS Threats- Threats are only punishable if witnessed by a staff member, due to the amount of fake evidence.

***No tolerance for an "Offensive Username or Nickname"- Having a username or nickname directly offensive to another user or staff member is not tolerated. You will be banned from the server AND website for 30 days, and can be unbanned if you change the username/nickname, and can be instantly unbanned after it's changed via an appeal.

****Chargeback/ Store Glitching- Not tolerated AT ALL, and results in permanent ban form the website, revoked of any donor rank in-game, and restricted from donating further to OoverMC.

Additional Information:

► Never share your account with others

► Creating fake reports will result in the reporter receiving the punishment

Application Formations Below

Before applying, please listen to the following:

Please do not give out any personal information when applying, this is to keep your privacy secure. If we need such
information we will contact you about it.

Below is the Official Format to be followed when applying. If you do not follow this format your application will be DENIED and you
will not be able to apply for another whole month. If you apply too many times in one month we will have to add you to a "black-list."
If you are found copying others staff applications you will also added to the "black-list."​
(You are allowed to copy the ORIGINAL format of the application from others, but not information/sub-topics included in ones application)

In-game name? :

Age? (Recommended age 14 and above, but ALL ages qualify.):

Any previous server bans? (Why, please use detail. Does not affect application.):

What Rank are you applying for? (Developers are accepted with sufficient knowledge.):

Why have you decided to apply? (In Detail):

Timezone? (Exact):

Do you have a Skype? (Please don't post your Skype here, a 'Yes or no' is acceptable.):
-Note you must be able to talk.-
-If you do not have Skype, then I am sorry, but you may not apply since all experienced server managers have at least had Skype to contact people in advance about such.
*Exceptions will be made with availability of experience proof shown

Do you have any experience with server Moderation/Management? (Explain in Detail):

Has your player had any name changes? (Please list them):

Anything else you would like to tell us? (This feature is not optional or a yes/no answer. This is "your time to shine." Tell us about yourself! Whats your favorite food? Tell us if you live in a big city or a small city! - for all I care ("for all I care" is a joke, and not meant literally since most this information has been strict. :p) .. Impress us.This is not based on length, but the more you tell us, the better/higher chance you will have of qualification.):

**ALL APPLICATIONS ARE READ THOROUGHLY AND EXAMINED CLOSELY TO CHECK FOR PROPER SENTENCES AND GRAMMAR ALONG WITH PUNCTUATION AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE.**
(If you can't write properly, please refrain from applying. You need to keep a professional appearance.)

One last thing before your application is complete!

You MUST accept the following:

By applying to OoverMC© you are to accept what is said in this agreement. You not use OoverMC's intel information for any destructive or impulsive acts. Any information obtained during your service trial included in OoverMC may not be distributed to anyone except other contributors inside the community. No exceptions will be made. Any personal information given out by a player in-game may not be distributed to ANYONE including the owner of OoverMC. This part in agreement is part of online safety laws regulated to everyone in use of a device connected to the internet by the government.

Thanks for applying, and we will get back to you very quickly as we are super efficient when reading applications. (This does not mean we will not read your application thoroughly.

To Whom It May Concern:

We are greatly appreciated that you took part in our application process. This process was hefty, but will make a HUGE impressive dent in your reputation! Thank you for "baring" with us, and we hope to see you on the server when it opens.

Thanks again, and warmest regards:

RebelKnox
Level 5 : Apprentice Network