[In Development] Sci-Fi survival server [Spout]

Knar's Avatar Knar5/2/12 4:52 am
5/2/2012 7:20 pm
Knar's Avatar Knar
I am making this post to announce the development of a sci-fi survival server. I have not found anything like it, and I think a sci-fi server with guns would be great fun. I want to make it appeal to all types of players, whether you enjoy just crafting/building or fighting other players over territory and loot. If you're interested in a server like this, any feedback and suggestions for features you'd like to see are welcome.

I am starting work on the following:
  • Custom HD sci-fi texture pack - likely forced through spoutcraft, with 2 choices of resolution
  • Huge game world, one large island with 15-20 unique biomes.
    Custom blocks - different resources in each biome
  • Custom crafting recipes - Craft components from 30+ resources found throughout the world, then combine components into tools/weapons/armor
  • Guns and a balanced combat system - New players will stand a chance against veterans
  • "Premium" crafting stations hidden around the world - required to craft high-end items (PVP hotspots!)
  • Custom faction and criminal system - If someone wants to gank players they can, but unless their factions are at war there will be severe consequences. This will discourage player killing but not completely prevent it.

There will be much more to come, and all of these features are subject to change as it comes together. Once the texture pack, custom blocks, and biomes are finished I will run a small alpha server with them. When the combat, crafting, and faction system are finished I will run the Beta server.

As soon as the texture pack is complete (50% complete) I will post screenshots. Until then, If you have a suggestion or question feel free to post it here.
Knar
Level 1 : New Miner