Server Recruitment - PanemCraft

CopyableCougar4's Avatar CopyableCougar411/24/13 2:44 pm
11/28/2013 9:13 am
CopyableCougar4's Avatar CopyableCougar4

What is PanemCraft?
Have you ever been on a server with Survival Games, and wanted a more in-depth server experience, complete with tributes, sponsorship, and districts? Well if you have, then PanemCraft is the server for you! PanemCraft is a Minecraft server, fitted with custom plugins to create an in-depth, relatively accurate, server experience!

What is the user experience like?
When you first log on, you are informed of what your district is, its’ main resource, and then you are whisked away to your district spawn! From there, you are free to trade at the district market for resources available to your district, or simply use gold coins (currency), to purchase a plot and create a house. From there the tribute selection begins!

What is the tribute selection like?
Every once in a while, after up to a two minute cool down between matches, two tributes from each district are selected? Only two people from your district online? No problem! If there are only two people online from a district, there is only one tribute selected from each district! When the tributes are selected, there are immediately teleported to a training area where they have the next three minutes to practice their skills, or just decide which weapon they would be most effective with. Then, you are teleported to the arena, where the games begin!

What is the game like?
When you are first teleported, you are equipped with leather armor. When the game begins, there is a 15 second countdown, in which you cannot move. When that countdown ends, you are free to begin killing other tributes, to with the game for your district! During the game, any VIP can sponsor you, giving you one of ten pre-configured items, which will appear in your ninth inventory slot! During the game, players may also watch the tributes, at fifteen pre-configured spectating areas! After five minutes, a trap of fire is sprung, to please those from the Capitol! After eight minutes, there are randomized explosions around the arena. After ten minutes, lightning randomly strikes the arena! After twelve minutes, random monsters are spawned throughout the arena! After thirteen minutes, arrows rain down upon the arena! After fourteen minutes, more fire traps are sprung! After fifteen minutes, the remaining tributes are taken down so that only one tribute remains. This tribute has won the game for their district, and is teleported back to their district, and their district earns a point. Upon the end of the game, a two minute cool down begins before the next round!

What if you aren’t selected as tribute?
If you happen to not be selected as tribute, you may simply continue to build on your plot(s) in your district! If that doesn’t interest you, you may, with /watch <#>, spectate the active game.

When can I play on this server?
In several weeks, there will be a beta testing server, running with 18 slots running 24/7. This server will give players a taste of the experience on the server as I, CopyableCougar4, gather the funds to acquire better server hardware. This hardware would allow for 72 slots, which is 4x the amount of slots.
(this part will be posted later on)

However, the problem with this setup, is that the server only can handle 15 or so players at the same time! That is where you, the player, can help! If you would like to do your part to ensure that this server can be up full-time, and on high-quality hardware, please feel free to donate!

Donation ranks:
For $5, you can sponsor tributes, go to the VIP lobby, and have a 200px by 200px box on the server with custom information that you supply in-game after you get VIP.
For $10, you can do all of the above things, and you can use colored chat (with &), teleport to districts, and join the server if it is full!
For $15, you can do all of the above things, an you can also fly, learn about users with /user <username>, and get 2 pets when pets are added!

In-game money for donators:
If you are a tier one donator, you earn 5,000 in-game coins! If you are a tier two donator, you earn 10,000 in-game coins! If you are a tier three donator, you earn 15,000 in-game coins!

Have suggestions?
When the server website is up, there will be a form for you to fill out with suggestions!

Images
Spoilers:
User Control Panel

Shop Menu

First-time spawn

User Commands Snapshot (as of 11/24/13)

How can you, as a player, help?
If you would want to play on a server like this, please comment below! The number of slots etc. will be based almost solely on user feedback!
Are you a talented developer? I would eventually want to have custom mini-games that players could play, but not solely mini-games. If you do have a lot of Java experience, please reply! For your reply, I would need your email address and at least 2 projects that you are part of that have been successful.
Are you a talented builder? If you are, please reply with your in-game name, and at least 3 pictures of good builds. As a builder, you would build arena maps for the hunger games, and also the Capitol. I want this to look similar to the Capitol in the Hunger Games trilogy, but as there is not much description of it, you are free to add your personal touch!

Sincerely, CopyableCougar4
CopyableCougar4
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter