Should I try to make a Fortnite minecraft server?

Zackker's Avatar Zackker11/15/18 10:14 am
1 emeralds 111 5
11/15/2018 7:37 pm
Zackker's Avatar Zackker
The question is wether I should make a Fortnite minecraft server. It would include chests, the map, gliding down, guns, etc.
Zackker
Level 4 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/15/2018 7:37 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
Zackker
Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like it wouldn't be a very good idea.
11/15/2018 12:26 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
Avissar
No
11/15/2018 12:01 pm
Level 1 : New Network
MorphThePsycho
Well here is my 'against' and I have suggested and alternative but in the end it is your choice and I assume - money.

Firstly, you shouldn't waste your life building something that will not achieve that massive player base. People already have access to the game for free so they can get started on that anyway.
Secondly, you would have to own multiple small servers for people to play on or you would have to get one massive GB server with loads of worlds linked with a plugin like multiverse. To buy or rent a server would mean you having to put all of your effort into making it great and/or you will lose more money than what you will get out of it.
Thirdly, the Fortnite community has run itself into the ground because of its toxicity. Would you really want to attract those types of people to your server?

The alternative, make a battle royal server for the people who don't play/aren't good at Fortnite. It can be inspired by Fortnite but with distinct differences. If done well, you can create a very nice community with the same principles of Battle-royal.

Just remember that Fortnite and Minecraft are 2 separate games that shouldn't be intertwined directly. That might be asking for trouble.

What do you think? Chris Crafting#0844 on discord if you want to ask me anything else :)
Thanks and have a great day!
11/15/2018 11:59 am
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
No
11/15/2018 11:56 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
IRuleYou_
no
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024