1.8.8 The Crown - Small vanilla server

Mantere's Avatar Mantere9/27/15 3:51 am
1 emeralds 147 1
9/27/2015 3:51 am
Mantere's Avatar Mantere
The guy

First let me introduce myself a bit. I'm Mantere, 30 and some years old guy from Finland. I found Minecraft back in 2011 while it was in beta 1.4 and have been playing it ever since. Seems like it's the game made for me, never have had so much fun with a game before. Some of the Bethesda's games have come close though. I'm dedicated player and expect same from anyone applying here. I laid the foundations of my current base in 2013 and it's still growing and expanding. Outside of Minecraft I have a little family consisting me and my wife. I like sports, especially ball games, and enjoy traveling and photographing.

Server description

I run a small and private, pure vanilla survival server called the Crown. And when I say small, I do mean it. It was originally just my private little world, a home away from home, but later I opened it to my friends so I could have some company while playing. Unfortunately they are mostly active on other servers or have been moved on from Minecraft, so the little community I was dreaming for didn't happen.

Late 2013 I started looking for members more publicly. There is no set-in-stone age limit, but the server is for adult players and currently we have around 5 - 10 active members, including me. Our goal is not to grow big, or fast. Insteads we would like to have a small, but stable and close community. A group of people who enjoy playing Minecraft together, and hopefully can call each other friends. Being adults we understand that real life comes first so we have no playing time quotas to fill.

The server isn't occupied around the clock and never will be. We have lonely times with only peace and quiet to keep us company and creepers. There is no planned member cap we try to reach, instead the long therm aim is to have friends around upon joining more often than joining and being alone.

Permanent world - no resets

So, what kind of server the Crown is, other than small? Well, it's not new. We have permanent map, which was started in 1.2 and it has withstood all the changes and updates the game has gone through. This is the place where you can be sure your builds won't be wiped off clean every other update. And we will see those updates, because this server isn't going down any time soon. It will be there for you, even if you and I are the only ones left.

Due to our old and developed world the gameplay emphasize is more on building and enjoying the end game rather than surviving and exploring. Well, the difficulty is set on hard so all volunteers can have their first nights in the harsh and exciting way too, if they enjoy that.

Although our world is old and we have history, we do have space for new members. Our world is not filled with giant mega structures and cities expanding beyond the horizon. There is room for new members to build their homes and leave their mark on the world.

Rules

When it comes to rules, the list is short. We have the world border set since the 1.8 update to help us limit exploring new territory. This helps our world to survive future updates. Controlled exploration has allowed us to have clear and clean borders between different world generation versions that have shaped the world of Crown. Other than that our only rule is using common sense. Friends don't need much rules, right?

Principles

We are all equal on the Crown. All major issues affecting the server and our members are discussed together, I don't run a tyranny here. Also there are no admins or mods flying around in creative and ruining everything, well there are no admins or mods. Only me and one other member have access to the console and we have de-opped ourselves. We all play like regular single player survival, just on multiplayer.

Where are we from

Like I said, I'm from Finland myself and server is based in EU. Most of our members are split between Europe and North America. There are also people from Asia and Hawaii. We have a private sub-reddit and we use Skype to stay in touch outside the game. Our Skype group has become a lounge where we hang out and chat while not playing.

How to join

So, how can you become part of our community? The Crown is a private server, so there is no application here for you to fill out. If you think you would enjoy a small Minecraft loving group of friends, you can introduce yourself and maybe we'll talk more. I will also show all introductions to other members so they can voice out their opininon too. It goes without saying that the way you write your message is the way you give out the first impression of yourself, which is very important.
Mantere
Level 26 : Expert Mountaineer