Is there a server hoster who gives me control over the map?

Blue_Maniac's Avatar Blue_Maniac6/1/12 10:31 pm
6/2/2012 6:13 pm
Blue_Maniac's Avatar Blue_Maniac
I want to set up a private server to run custom maps on, but unfortunately, due to my internet provider (Verizon ) I am unable to keep a static IP. I considered hosting my own website, but I figure i'd probably be paying just as much if not more to manage the domain AND the server than if i were to just pay someone else to do it for me. My only issue with that: I want to be able to switch the map at any time and recieve backups of the ones I've done before (I want to be able to use a map i've been making for a YouTube series, and occasionally make custom maps.) Also, due to the fact i'll be using it to make videos, I don't want people I don't know showing up in the middle of filming, if that makes sense. If i'm asking too much i'll just go the personal website route, but if anyone knows of someone who could at least let me switch out maps and keep saves on maps that have been played on on the server, please say something! I've done some research and as far as I know most server hosters don't give me the freedom I'd want with the server.
Blue_Maniac
Level 9 : Apprentice Ranger